FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mail in Unix

abhi1982
Hello,

I am a Mac user. Using the terminal I would like to send/receive mails. I read many articles. all ask me to use "mail" command for accessing mails.
With this command I am able to send the mails to my friends. But how do I receive the mails..where do I receive the mails. I mean to say what is my mail Id. To which Id myfriends have to mail me.

Please let me know. I am breaking my head with this.

Thanks
Abhi.
Jaan
M8! Is j00 mouse broekn? you made two topics Wink
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-52949.html
djclue917
abhi1982 wrote:
Hello,

I am a Mac user. Using the terminal I would like to send/receive mails. I read many articles. all ask me to use "mail" command for accessing mails.
With this command I am able to send the mails to my friends. But how do I receive the mails..where do I receive the mails. I mean to say what is my mail Id. To which Id myfriends have to mail me.

Please let me know. I am breaking my head with this.

Thanks
Abhi.

Have you tried executing mail?
In Linux, executing mail would show the current messages sent to you. However, I'm not sure if this applies to Mac too.
fadirocks
you didn't really say if it's your MACHINE or not however try PINE and hopefully it's installed it's little bit easier than "mail"
Kd527
What's wrong with doing it graphically? If you do a Google search for something like learn UNIX tutorial you can find many tutorials for UNIX...