FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

E marketing, why not

khanhsduong
Hi all,

I'm not the bussines, but I'm very interesting about that. But now, I have not any knowlegde about economics, do you think I can begin with e marketing.

-marketing is a type of marketing that can be defined as achieving objectives through the use of electronic communications technology such as Internet, e-mail, Ebooks, database, and mobile phone. It is a more general term than online marketing which is limited to the use of internet technology to attain marketing objectives.

Dave Chaffey, working from a relationship marketing perspective, has defined e-marketing as:

Applying Digital technologies which form online channels (Web, e-mail, databases, plus mobile/wireless & digital TV) to contribute to marketing activities aimed at achieving profitable acquisition and retention of customers (within a multi-channel buying process and customer lifecycle) through improving our customer knowledge (of their profiles, behaviour, value and loyalty drivers), then delivering integrated targeted communications and online services that match their individual needs. (Source: [1] with permission of the author)

Chaffey's definition emphasises that:

1. It should not be the technology that drives e-marketing, but the business returns from gaining new customers and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
2. It also emphasises how e-marketing does not occur in isolation, but is most effective when it is integrated with other communications channels such as telemarketing, direct-mail, personal selling, advertising, publicity, sales promotion, and other promotional techniques.
3. Online channels should also be used to support the whole buying process from pre-sale to sale to post-sale and further development of customer relationships where this is appropriate.
4. It should be based on knowledge of customer needs developed by researching their characteristics, behaviour, what they value, and what keeps them loyal.
5. The web and e-mail communications should be personally tailored to individual buyers based on the information obtained in the research.

Thank you
insanesnoopy
E-marketing is just marketing.

It uses a different tool but it follows the marketing wheel.....

Meaning Marketing Research
Product
Pricing
Distribution (Place)
Branding and impressions
Advertising
Promotion
Public Relations/PR
Sales
Customer Service
Then back to the top again

Are you looking to start a consultancy for e-marketing or figure that e-marketing is the best way to market your business?

Either way, I beleive that I could help you.
TrueFact