FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

software for extracting rar files per part.

Philip
Rar compresser can compress a single files that have a big size and split into multipe files like this

Bigfiles.part01.rar
Bigfiles.part02.rar
Bigfiles.part03.rar
Bigfiles.part04.rar

the question is, is if i only have 3 part like part01 - part03, is there software to extract the files, although not complete ?
RT Cunningham
Unfortunately, probably not.

The base file contains the pointers to the beginning and ends of the files in each part.

People that post to usenet have been adding "PAR" files to the uploads so that you can rebuild an archive if some parts are missing. A program like "SmartPAR" is used for it.

If the files contain recovery records, you can try to use WinRAR's repair option to see if can be rebuilt, but I've never had any success when the base file is missing.
ba11inncali
Philip wrote:
the question is, is if i only have 3 part like part01 - part03, is there software to extract the files, although not complete ?

You can use WinRAR to extract partial files by selected the tick box next to 'Keep broken files' when extracting, however using this method may make the file inaccessible. If there is no way to get the last file then I guess you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot.
xxx1312
if dat is video file u can view it ....
kany
Well it depends on what is compressed in the rar archive. If you are downloading some kind of movies then keep the broken files tab checking does the trick and you can view part of the movie from the first rar part to check its quality and if just a single setup file then it wouldn't do with the incomplete set of rar files.