FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sunset from my back yard last nite

S3nd K3ys
This is from my phone, so it's a bit pixilated, but I have not changed anything, these are the actual colors from last nite.

tidruG
In one word - wow.
It's a pity you didn't have a camera to take a proper picture of that... that would have been worthy of being blown up, framed and hung with pride.

(no puns intended)
dray101
This was taken outside my window!

It looks like the skys on fire
JoeFriday
those are some great shots.. I'm not a huge fan of taking sunset shots (a bit too cliche.. or maybe just too hard to make interesting) but both these shots are pretty cool
tidruG
dray101, if you have the same picture at a slightly higher resolution, I'd love to use it as my desktop wallpaper, with your permission of course...
that's a really fantastic shot... I love watching the sky more than anything else, and that's one of the most awesome sunset skies I've ever seen.
dray101
Sure tidruG, the original is 839kb and having a 56k modem and knowing how long it would take for me and other people to load it, I obviously reduced it.

The original is 2304*1728 and though not the best quality it's still a cool shot.

You can Download it here! (just make sure you hit download photo, it seems that the displayed picture isn't full quality)
tidruG
dray101 wrote:
Sure tidruG, the original is 839kb and having a 56k modem and knowing how long it would take for me and other people to load it, I obviously reduced it.

The original is 2304*1728 and though not the best quality it's still a cool shot.

You can Download it here! (just make sure you hit download photo, it seems that the displayed picture isn't full quality)

That's great, thanks!
S3nd, if you don't mind, I'd like to save yours as well.
joshumu
S3, im glad to see this side of you. I didnt think you saw the forest for the trees, just the american flag.

Anyways, here is one of my own.
dray101
Shot joshumu! That's great, did you take it yourself?

Anyway here's another of mine. (also on my property)

I've decided to put a whole lot on My Google Albums Page - I'll be uploading them now. (they are much better quality when you download them from there)
dray101
By the way that last shot was a sunrise, not a sunet!

I got up one morning and looked out the window, saw the sunrise and just had to grab my camera. Wink

PS. It looks so much better in full quailty
joshumu
Yup, i took it. But your img is broken to me. Here is another. Sorry for the hijak S3.

S3nd K3ys
Thank you, josh. I am a very compassionate person in many aspects. Especially when it comes to the future and safety of my kids. (That likely is at least part of the reason I'm so vocal about politics)

If interested in a more in-depth look, check these out...

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-51373.html&highlight=innocents
True Innocents: The Setup

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-51397.html&highlight=innocents
True Innocents: Fathers and Sons

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-51384.html&highlight=innocents
True Innocents: Baby's first sentence

They're taken from my blog.

BOT. I'm trying to find the pictures from Glamis (dunes) of a sunset with my sand-rail in the foreground. I'll post it when I find it. The site I store it on is down right now. Sad
S3nd K3ys
Here it is. (I moved it to a more stable server *cough*Frihost*cough*)

I touched this one up with the sponge tool to expose the colors better.
dray101
joshumu wrote:
Yup, i took it. But your img is broken to me...

You mean the link to my Web Album page? sorry about that I renamed the album and it stuffed up the link. I've fixed it now (you can click on the link)
http://picasaweb.google.com/dray.nz/SunrisesAndSunsets
(I've actually uploaded some more pics onto my Album now...)

That other picture of yours is also really cool.