FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Adding an additional domain





rameshbn1
Hi people,

I'm not very familiar with web hosting, so if this is a silly question, pls forgive me.

I've already created my domain, and I've hosted a few files. everything works fine. Just to check things out, I created an additional domain.

I uploaded a few files to the public_html directory of the new domain. Now, I'm wondering, how do I access these pages? I mean, if my additional domain name is xyz.com, what do I type in the browser to access the files in the public_html folder?

ok, now that you've stopped laughing, will you tell me what to do? Confused
mOrpheuS
rameshbn1 wrote:
ok, now that you've stopped laughing, will you tell me what to do? Confused

Laughing ok.

To be able to add a domain to your hosting account, you need to register it first.
Once you've done that you'll be able to set it's nameservers (set them to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net).

That, along with all the steps you've already done (adding the domain to your account and uploading the files), will make it work.
Bondings
rameshbn1 wrote:
I uploaded a few files to the public_html directory of the new domain. Now, I'm wondering, how do I access these pages? I mean, if my additional domain name is xyz.com, what do I type in the browser to access the files in the public_html folder?

http://www.xyz.com/filename.html (or .php)
rameshbn1
mOrpheuS wrote:

To be able to add a domain to your hosting account, you need to register it first.
Once you've done that you'll be able to set it's nameservers (set them to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net).


Thanks Morpheus, I think this is what I want. The problem now is, how do I register the new domain? Can I do it in the directadmin, logging in to my first domain?
mathiaus
NO, you cannot register domains at Frihost. You must use one of many domain registrars.
Related topics
Need help adding a domain
Getting a free domain at www.eurodns.com??
frih$5 for the first 10 members who join my forum!
Using my newly registered domain name with frihost...
new domains
Please help me out... my site has stopped working properly!
[HELP PLEASE]redirecting my domain
Adding a new domain
Need help adding .net domain
adding another domain that points to my frihost hosting
Error while adding addon domain
Server 4(2) down?
Windows 2008 R2 as additional Domain Controller
Problem Adding a Domain
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.