FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

D&D

Rebzie
(im not sure if this is in the right place)
does anyone play D&D? if so post about your D&D character.

Name: Saena
Race: Human
Class: Wizard
level: 3
Traits: Arrogent,nassistic, bookish, athiest, dislikes fighting class and particually doesn't like rogues.
Physical discription: Medium build, black hair, purple eyes and fair skin.

Backstory

Saena’s earliest memories are of life in the Academy Of The Golden Weave, based in Cormyr. While she remembers nothing her life before then, she has been told that she arrived when she was eight years old, under special circumstances. The only thing she knows of her parentage is that they were killed and that she was found wandering a destroyed village that orcs had recently raided, but this explanation never seemed enough for Saena. It did not explain why she had ended up at the Academy which normally accepts only a few new students a year, or the odd way that her tutors seemed so nervous around her all the time. The only people that seemed to treat her like a normal child were the servants, who effectively adopted her and cared for her.
Through her academic life, Saena excelled in many aspects of her schooling, and gained a specific interest in formulations of substance, coming top of her class in Alchemy every time. Eventually she reached a point where she could learn nothing more in the children’s classes and she approached her tutors to ask if she could attend lessons aimed at more accomplished wizards, but this was refused. After many months of requesting, the Arch-Mages that run the Academy finally agreed to allow Saena to got into the world and prove that she had what it takes to begin on the path to becoming an Arch-Mage herself. She was sent from the Academy to investigate a strange plague that had struck a nearby mining community, and after that she should wander the world learning things about the world that can not be taught in a classroom.

Saena wears a silver ring that refuses to be removed for some reason. The strange thing is that the ring has always fit snuggly on her finger even though she has grown from a child into an adult. The outside of the ring bares an inscription in a language that she has been unable to identify, and whenever you enquired about it her tutors told her she was imagining things and shouldn’t trouble them. It was obvious that they either didn’t know what the ring was, or more likely they wanted to pretend it did not exist.
One other interesting fact about the ring is that it has a single green stone set into the band, and that the stone sometimes glows softly when Saena gets particularly emotional.
Cov3r70ps
Well, my brother plays D&D, and hes gotten me into the computer games based off of it (especially KoTOR and NWN). I've yet to look into teh original game though.
Rebzie
u should it's alot of fun especially with a good DM (person incarge of events and npcs) and getting into character. Itds also a great social activity.
ColdFire
Baldur's Gate will count as a D&D right?

Well, Jon Irenicus is the single, most impressive character (villain) ive seen.
BG2 is an old game but if i remember correctly he was the most powerful elven mage of "Suldenesselar" (i may have gotten the place wrong) but was stripped of his immortality because of his ambition. He was so powerful he can hold his ground against an entire party of level 20 characters.
And the voice acting for him was awesome! Wink
kaboose342
I played the D&D 7 day trial. I love that game but cant buy it yet Crying or Very sad
my character is a lvl 6 warrior named kaboose silver. I like the really long quests like waterworks and STK.
DarkJad
I never PLAYED D&D, as a player.

I'm a DM, AND campaign creator. I designd some really cool prestige classes. Would you guys want me to link to them? Even though they're ancient (I haven't posted on the Wizards forums in ages; they're located there) I'd still like feedback, as I'm proud of them and want them to be balanced.
damj
People are still playing D&D? that's cool. I used to be big into it, but haven't played it in 15 years. I just saw a used copy of the Advanced D&D Players Handbook a couple of days ago. That brought back memories.
Cov3r70ps
Yeah, my problem is buying the books. I'm on a tight budget, but me and some friends have been looking into buying some as a groyup recently. The game looks really fun.
dbuchmann
Cov3r70ps wrote:
Yeah, my problem is buying the books. I'm on a tight budget, but me and some friends have been looking into buying some as a groyup recently. The game looks really fun.

If you have an eBay account you may want to check out half.com...you can usually find some good deals there. Although you can easily get away with just the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual, I would recommend a sourcebook (Forgotten Realms is excellent and there is a lot of material out there that you can incorporate into your adventure/campaign). R.A. Salvatore has written a ton of books for the Forgotten Realms setting if you like fantasy books I would highly recommend checking him out.

-David-
Osprey
Okay, I'll bite... I need the points Laughing

I'm currently playing in a D&D game based in the Forgotten Realms on a play by post site.
Here is my character:

Name: Corbin
Race: Human
Alignment: NG

Fighter(2)/Cleric(7) of Tyr
Rides a Cormyrian Warhorse named Firedancer.
Has a trusted cohort, Jym Thorpenkettlstein a gnome fighter from Suzail.

Corbin grew up on a Horse Ranch near Arabel in Cormyr. His father entered the military becoming a Purple Dragon Knight and dying a hero in the final battle of the Tuigen Horde. His fathers sword was given to Corbin and he too joined the Purple Dragons. Though he was an accomplished horseman, he never made it to knighthood. He had some dealings with the curch of Tyr and had a nack for recovering artifacts for them. He left the Purple Dragons to further his position with the church which led him on many an adventure. Corbin isn't the typical follower of Tyr, the god of justice, since he doesn't always follow the letter of the law but it allows him to work more freely and get results that others aren't abel to.

His Journies led him to Baldurs Gate where he settled down a bit and took up employment with a wizard named Mizwraith. Mizwraith ran a trading company and was in constant need of Corbin's talent for recovering important items. After a year Mizwraith moved his business to Waterdeep and Corbin followed. Soon after arriving in Waterdeep the new trading company was attacked by the Dragon Mage of Waterdeep and several half-dragons. It turns out that Mizwraith was a Bronze Dragon in disguise and had found a way to bypass the Dragonward on the city. Maaril, the Dragon Mage in allegence with Tiamat, found out and wasn't too happy.

Maaril was injured in a battle with Mizwraith and left the city with plans to come back and take over waterdeep. It is Corbin's current task, along with 4 companions, to find 5 crowns that will help them defeat Maaril and Tiamat. They have left the city and are in route to Silverymoon to recover the first crown.
DarkJad
I recommend Eberron if you want to do a campaign in a preestablished setting. Unlike the Forgotten Realms, which is oversaturated with content (especially the western coast, thanks to the aforementioned Salvatore), Eberron is just brimming with unbridled potential. And it's just freaking COOL.

Salvatore's books are enjoyable hack & slashes, but past that, they aren't that exciting. Great for a borrow from the library, because they ARE fun to read. Just expensive to buy hardcover, considering that they are expensive.
damj
My favorite character was a half-elf thief. He had a personality disorder, so at random, I would have to roll two dice (lawful/neutral/chaotic & evil/neutral/good) and play out whatever came up.

One time, I had to break in and steal something ... boom, random roll comes up and I turned to Lawful Good ... doh!

Another time, we were in a bar and had to find someone and get some information. We were sitting at the bar, then BAM! suddenlt I'm chaotic Evil. I attack my friend next to me. All the party ganged up on me, knocked me out and dragged me behind the bar while a fight broke out in the whole bar.

All in all, it was a fun character. He was a good thief, so the rest of the party tolerated my little outbursts.
DarkJad
Why did your character attack his nearby party members?

I never understand players who play as evil characters and just go wild . . . evil people have friends too, and they also know that random assaults on their allies can get them killed.
damj
Why? Because he was insane. He was also a very good thief and was very valuable to the party, which is why his outbursts were accepted.
fashioncrimewave
I played a few times in college when I was really bored, but I couldn't take it that seriously. My character was an Eskimo and specialized in use of the Harpoon. I think the DM didn't like that.

admittedly, I really love RPGs and the Bioware D&D games are pretty cool.
Lusiphur
damj wrote:
Why? Because he was insane. He was also a very good thief and was very valuable to the party, which is why his outbursts were accepted.

Sorry, but party infighting must be dealt with or it gets out of hand. Regardless of how valuable a character is.

It's happened a few times in game I've been in, where one player tried tp push the party around and then gets violent.

Said character is asked to leave the party as we need to know that we can 100% trust each other when it comes down to it. And I'm sorry, but I can;t trust an "insane character prone to violent outburts".

@ OP

I've been playing table top DnD for about 5 years now, started with the BG series of games (best RPG's ever, and a big thumbs up to whoever mention JI from BG2) and gradually made my way to table top gaming.
snowboardude
I play D&D.v.3.5. I favor fighters with the monkey grip, power attack, leap attack, and improved crit(scythe) feats to be able to dish out a massive amout of damage (were talking like a warmage, here) and I also favor the DaggerSpell Mage class from Complete Adventurer.

Has anybody here ever played a 20th level arena battle with six or more people? If not, you should! Its so much fun
Lusiphur
snowboardude wrote:
I play D&D.v.3.5. I favor fighters with the monkey grip, power attack, leap attack, and improved crit(scythe) feats to be able to dish out a massive amout of damage (were talking like a warmage, here) and I also favor the DaggerSpell Mage class from Complete Adventurer.

Has anybody here ever played a 20th level arena battle with six or more people? If not, you should! Its so much fun

Throw in Elusive Target and Storm Trooper (Tactical Feats from CW) for pure damage and then survivability. I'm our groups combat player, although I spend to much time number crunching than I spend in combat Sad
DarkJad
"Why? Because he was insane. He was also a very good thief and was very valuable to the party, which is why his outbursts were accepted."

If I was your DM, I would've kicked you right out of the group. That's not being funny, or cool - it's called being a jerk.