FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Prices for Websites

Conjacked
Hello

I'm new to this forum. Sence there is no introductary forum I will post abit about me before I ask my question.

I'am a website designer looking for a freewebhosting place for my website. That is where you guys come in, your site look vary appealing so I decided to check it out.

So back to my question, Sence i sell websites that are already coded and such.. how much do you guys think is the average price for a Template with no flash buttons or animation in the website?
LukeakaDanish
Conjacked wrote:
Hello

I'm new to this forum. Sence there is no introductary forum I will post abit about me before I ask my question.

I'am a website designer looking for a freewebhosting place for my website. That is where you guys come in, your site look vary appealing so I decided to check it out.

So back to my question, Sence i sell websites that are already coded and such.. how much do you guys think is the average price for a Template with no flash buttons or animation in the website?

[url=http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-3.html]
1: There is an introduction forum![/url]

2: The price of a PROFESSOINALLY DESIGNED page (something that looks as good as this) could be anytihng from 200$ to 2000$.
The price of a crappy page is around 100frih$ on this forum!
Meggsy
Websites that use advanced technologies, well things such as PHP and MySQL will obviously cost more than a basic HTML site. With the WYSIWYG editors around today nobody is going to pay much for a basic site.
ahsanrao
in my country i wanted to hire a [rofessional who can make a site in Asp .NET with all technology it was sort of realy complex site...

so there demand was 1500$ without bargain .. now u can estimate a simple wrbsite page will cost between 100$ i think.
Conjacked
Thanks for all the help, I only do basic html sites but with more work and learning I can do such things like PHP and CSS with flash animation.
insanesnoopy
Hey Conjacked,

Welcome aboard. Just to give you something that I have come across. Basic HTML site templates are now starting to go for free with the open source market. The other thing is that most people do not want to mess around with HTML code anymore.

If you want my advice, I would move on to Content Management Systems and individual designs as they generally end up being more user friendly, and are definitely more marketable from my end. I can sell a business a CMS for $2000 easy, and have sold them $5000.

Cheers
Conjacked
thing is. I do not know how to do PHP, and that makes it difficult to make better sites. If you know any sites on making better sites please give me the link.
insanesnoopy
Do a google search on open source.....there are forums of designers out there that freely trade information.....if you have a knack for it you should do well with this.
ciwworker
Check out freewebhosting.com, it has a list and a search engine of free webhosts. If that doesn't help then i don't know what to say. Figure it out i guess. You might find something if you google it.
webapp
A lot of Webhosting templates are available....if u search for templates on google you will see so many companies offering templates prebuilt

All one has to do is download them customise them and use them..........

I was looking a while back for Oscommerce templates and you would be amazed for $170 or so u get a professionally designed shopping cart for Sale....... ofcourse u need to have host with php and mysql like frihost Razz
TrueFact
designing for others is a little new thing on the web so there's no clear rules to say what is a professional web designing and what's not. That applies too for the pricing itself. For companies to say 'we are professional' they have to have professional people in the field of:
1- HTML coding
2- PHP or ASP
3- SQL (MySQL, PgSQL or any other) or Oracle databases
4- Templates and CSS making
5- Graphics like Flash and Photoshop

So you can't say what the prices can be. You'll find some crapy people claiming that they are professional and demand for 1000s while a single real professional will demand for a much less while he makes it much better.
Mrs Lycos
Sometimes webmasters who are needing a website hire different people for different things: They may hire someone to make the design in Photoshop, or Flash, and then hire a programmer to build the website in PHP and MySQL.
So you are good at design, you can stick to graphics programs, and create visually attractive templates, or you can go and learn some programming languages and create more complex sites. In fact, if you know some HTML it will be useful as it is embedded in the PHP code together with Cascade Style Sheets (CSS).
The_Gamer294
wow, you can really make a lot of money in web design. how complex is asp and stuff making it cost $1000?
dmntr
Well, recently I've made I site for studies, but if I would like to sell it how much I will get for it?
here is the site www.dmntr2.narod.ru