FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quake 4

lockwolf
Its coming soon, if you havnet seen the official trailer and site to be here is the url http://www.quake4game.com/

it looks pretty kick ass for the 2nd game ID has made within a year period
tfx
very nice game, look like doom3
rx78alpha
doom3 is good
prithvi
WOW! That's awesome stuff that's going to come.

btw, if anyone wants to save this on the local computer, you can simply save the Flash swf file from C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Eagle
I think it is going to be great
MeleceNi
I found a pre introduce

During E3 2005, a lot of people waited in line to watch the Quake 4 demo that ended up being a live gameplay session conducted by some of Raven’s designers and programmers. After having a closer look to the game, and a brief chat with one of Activision reps, we bring you our preview of Quake 4, so you can know a bit more of what to expect when the game is released by the end of this year (not official yet).

A few people expressed concern about Raven Software working on the project instead of id Software. What many people don't realize is that Raven has been working with id for a number of years, and it is doubtful that id would just randomly pick a company to help develop Quake 4. Raven has released heavily acclaimed titles such as Heretic (1994), Hexen II (1997), Soldier of Fortune (2000), Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2002), and Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix (2002). For a full list of the titles that Raven Software has worked on
lockwolf
Ravensoft has been around a long time and is a great choice for a partner with ID.
dule
i saw screenshots and it looks very like doom 3 which is bad if u ask me.
ddd2pt
This game for me will be as good as it was Doom 3. The graphs are... very good.
I think won't get wait that the game is lunched. Wink Wink
SilverDogg
i think it looks to much like doom3, which is bad. i didnt like doom3 that much. hmm...
Hercules
Qake 4 - klon Doom 3/ I dvizhok i smisl tot ge!
Dr4goN
Quake 4 RULEZ!! I've heard that the multiplayer beta is leaked and it's on BitTorrent, but I think that it's just a fake. And, Fatal1ty, the best player in Quake 3 Arena and Doom 3 played it.
ChosenOne05
I love the quake games. I use to play them but not any more. Iv moved on to other games. Any ways Doom 3 was also one of the best games yet. I love the grahpics on the game, I have a very good computer so I can run it like perfect.
bao
I dont hold Quake4.But like this fps game.
Thug
Dr4goN wrote:
Quake 4 RULEZ!! I've heard that the multiplayer beta is leaked and it's on BitTorrent, but I think that it's just a fake. And, Fatal1ty, the best player in Quake 3 Arena and Doom 3 played it.

Is Fatal1ty the best Quake 3 player aswell ???? I dont believe that. I kno hes like the best Unreal Tournament Player but Quake 3 ??? I will own his ass any day Cool Cuz thats my game
Dr4goN
Thug wrote:
Dr4goN wrote:

Is Fatal1ty the best Quake 3 player aswell ???? I dont believe that. I kno hes like the best Unreal Tournament Player but Quake 3 ??? I will own his ass any day Cool Cuz thats my game

Of course he is! If he couldn't then he wouldn't play Q4 MP Test!
althalus
I've ordered it and just confirmed that it's being shipped out. ^-^

Just hope it'll be as good as I think it will - I know it'll deffenitly be good graphicwise, but storywise.. I'm hoping.. Smile
AgenthHero
Quake 4 has graphics alot like Doom 3. It makes the game good because the Graphics for Doom 3 rock.
jarcelao
John Carmack, the creator of Doom, is a genius when it comes to groundbreaking graphics technology! Quake 4 isn't an exception of what this man does best!
Very Happy Cool
Luis
it is a great game
very good to play on line
tyxl
I buyed it yesterday. When it got release din belgium :p
And currently installing it Smile
It seems GREAT!!!!!
Dr4goN
tyxl wrote:
I buyed it yesterday. When it got release din belgium :p
And currently installing it Smile
It seems GREAT!!!!!

Oh? Tell me every little detail about it! Pls! I haven't seen it, will buy it perhaps next week Evil or Very Mad
ddd2pt
Quake 4 is seemed Doom 3. I didn't like a lot, I waited more.
But it is good to play with the friends in LAN or online.
jarcelao
Reviews of Quake 4 had come out! Details can be seen at http://www.gamespot.com.

Review said that the single player part of the game rocks but the multiplayer mode is a major setback. The multiplayer is almost the same as Quake 3 with just improvements on the graphics. That is really a bad news for fragfest gamers. Damn! Sad

Anyway, forget about the mutiplayer! Let's enjoy the single player campaign and start blasting Stroggs!!! Very Happy Cool
blu3bird
time to spent some money on games again ..
jarcelao
blu3bird wrote:
time to spent some money on games again ..

yeah right.. the holiday season is getting nearer everyday.. time to spend those hard earned bucks to some quality games like quake 4.. hehehehe! Very Happy Cool
jozsi1983
I think its better than Doom 3 but still the maps are too small. I wish they made the maps larger. Well I guess I just have to wait for the mods.
TeK
It looks really good to me. I just wish that there was a demo available for it, so that I could try it before I buy it.
Dr4goN
I'm addicted to it! John C. made the best part of Quake serie! Now a question: does anybody knows how to make mods for Q4?
pixelsmack
Quake 4 looks great however it does require a hefty system to get those nice graphics. The engine is the same as that used for doom 3 which does seem to give the games a similar feel at the beggining of play. it is a great game i think althogh its multiplayer wil be the real test of longevity for me.
althalus
I've played just about halfway (according to a magazine, at least) and so far I've had mixed feelings about Quake4. The graphics are very good, no questions there - they've improved a lot of things since Doom3. Sadly, they also kept a lot from D3, as you see corridors that resemble those of D3, you operate doors and elevators etc in the same way.. I think I even saw some crates that I also saw in D3..

Another thing that is almost as bad as D3 is the liniarity (sp?). The only right door is the unlocked door, the rest you can't enter (this isn't always true of course). But it sort fo feels like an endless corridor that just takes a few turns here and there, just leading you forward.

The AI is improved, although it feels a bit as if the stroggs I've met so far concider themselves as cannonfodder. Contradiction? Wink Some of the ambushes feels painfully scripted. At times, for instance while waiting for a bridge to lower you see the strogg run/jump into the room in pairs, only to be shot down to let the next pair enter the room.. And repeat... Ok, so the AI isn't that improved really. Razz

All in all, I already regret buying this game. It's not quite what I hoped for and as my brother kept telling me "where is the quake feeling?".. I dunno.. If I hadn't played D3 and if this game was released under a different name than Quake, I would have enjoyed it. Alas...
trickstott
I'm not terribly far into it yet, I just got the hover tank, but so far I am pleased. I was surprised to discover that the Strogg seem to like lighting their hallways considerably more than the people of Mars... or for that matter Satan.
I am still annoyed that the Strogg and the humans have the same architectural style. I'd expect several milleniums of seperate development would lend itself to more varied art.
I continue to be frustrated with a similar problem in Doom where style does not seem to be at all related to function. Why would a crew green room look exactly the same as a nuclear exhaust control station. Is there no reason in the Doom Universe?
Lately I've been trying to get a team together to make some Quake levels set on Earth during the Strogg invasion. I was thinking that it would be real interesting to have to escape from a highrise apartment complex while Strogg are jumping in through the windows.
~Trick
nntien
[From="lockwolf"]Its coming soon, if you havnet seen the official trailer and site to be here is the url http://www.quake4game.com/

it looks pretty kick *** for the 2nd game ID has made within a year period[From]

I'm looking for Quake version like Doom II or Doom III in which many people can join in the same game to kill some devils ... and many scenes.
Could you tell me any more?

Thank in advance!
SureNakeD
Quake 4 is a good hand. I say beautiful why if it deserves it fully: it is much adrenalinico and amusing but at the same time from habit.
For who it has loved the precendenti versions will not be able to let to escape this occasion.
It can paragnarlo to the king of the sparatutto in first person. As soon as I have the moneies me I buy endured.
But above all the thing that contraddistingue from all the others quake is the diagram Very Happy
trickstott
Ok, seriously folks, that tank is a crime against gaming.
The thing that defines a tank, when differentiating it from a really well armed person, is that it has a turret that is controlled independently of the chassis.

But in the Quake universe, this is not so. Not only can a single person operate the whole tank, but he must always face the front of the tank. Really, it's easy to make the movement buttons steer and have the mouse control the turret!

I hope that being a Strogg will be different. I'm still having fun, I just get pulled out when it is so obvious how they could have made the game better.
Dj Close
doom 3 more nice
thermaltake
Great game 10/10 go quake 4
thermaltake
go quake
Bender1337
i think ia might get quake 4 it looks good
trickstott
Some serious eye candy better show up soon, or I'm going to be mighty peeved. I'm about 75% of the way through the game and the graphics have taken a serious hit. The environments early in the game are very detailed and alive with particles and animated machinery, but I've spent the last two hours playing through a section where there were never more than 1000 polygons on screen at a time.
I normally run the game at medium detail, but just as a test I cranked it up to Ultra and turned on the frames per second monitor. I should not be able to run any part of this game on Ultra detail, much less on Ultra at 70 frames per second.
It seems like there was just a big part of the game that they added at the last second to fill up time. Maybe it will get better, but for now I'm really disappointed with Ravensoft.
I've gone back to replay Doom, and the only things that I can say are better in single player Quake are the weapon sound effects. Their foley guy deserves an award.
Nightwisher
Excelent game is someone finish this game ? And have save game or some print screen ?
dave
well I didn't like the game for two reasons...

my graphics are too bad (800x600, lowest details...) and it's always the same:

go somewhere with your team, eliminate all monsters on the way, task done->regroup with squad blabla, eliminate all monsters on the way, regroup with the team, go somewhere with your team, eliminate all monsters on the way, task done->regroup with squad blabla, eliminate all monsters on the way, regroup with the team

BORING!!!! Rolling Eyes
bhumit
it requires high graphics.. dosnt work in my pc
AgenthHero
Quake 4 is a pretty good game in single player. i dunno about MultiPlay i havent played it yet. But all i have to say that the MuliPlay rocks. Especially because its a squad based game, so it makes you feel that youre actually in war. Its also nice because you have team-mates to help you out.In some parts of the game you have freaky stuff, that will scare you as it did in F.E.A.R. Overall, its a pretty good game.

I recomend the single play to everybody.
futurcat
pixelsmack wrote:
Quake 4 looks great however it does require a hefty system to get those nice graphics. The engine is the same as that used for doom 3 which does seem to give the games a similar feel at the beggining of play. it is a great game i think althogh its multiplayer wil be the real test of longevity for me.

One of the best ever games!