FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

JoeFriday
this was out a few years ago, but I watched it again last night with a date.. I gotta admit this is a great date movie.. very funny and romantic.. interesting enough that just about any guy would enjoy it, too

and with it not being a new release, it should be very easy to find at the video store or your library
Sparda
Ya, that movie was pretty funny. That was like the best parts of the movie for me because I'm the kind of person who likes comedy movies. My favorite part of the movie has to be the windex part. For example:

Guy: Oww!
Girl's Father: (He starts spraying his arm with Windex because he burned himself).

When the girl seeing she has something on her face, someone says put some windex on it. Laughing
ncwdavid
I like comedy movies but I thought this movie was not great. A bit boring,
healyrj
I love it when a sleeper of a movie like this one soars to prominence based on word-of-mouth. This little gem deserves every kudo it gets, and then some.
Refreshingly normal-looking Nia Vardalos basically plays herself in a script she wrote from memories of her own Greek-American upbringing. Maybe that is why the movie comes across as so real and so heartwarming. At any rate, Vardalos plays Toula, a 30-year-old spinster (in her traditional father's eyes) who helps run the family's restaurant, the Dancing Zorba. Hidden behind thick glasses, baggy sweaters and too much hair, Toula is miserable. She loves her family, but she wants to find her own niche in the world--without giving Papa a heart attack.

After much high emotion, Toula improves her looks, goes back to school, snags a job in her aunt's travel agency (after all, reasons Papa, it's still family) and meets the man of her dreams (gorgeous John Corbett, "Aidan" from "Sex and the City"). Everything should be happy, no? NO! Ian (the boyfriend) is NOT GREEK, and Papa is beside himself.

This movie is simply a delight, from the opening credits to the very end. It is unpretentious, warm, loving, and happy. And on top of all that, it's truly well-acted and very, very funny. I recommend it highly.