FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

House M.D.

Insanity
What! There's no House topic yet? I find that disturbing. House is the best show out there with the great Hugh Laurie.
angelussum
Serious? I haven't noticed that.

I must admit, House is pretty addictive. There are always such interesting cases. However, as good as he is, Hugh Laurie is overpaid.
talonsmallville
Hi people,

I saw so fell episodes about this show.

Here at Brazil, last thursday we saw the last episode that first season.

I guess I will watch some episodes more.
Nigeria
They are holding the eipsodes until the world series is over here in the USA I'm not sure what they are doing overseas.

I love this show the first few new episodes were great I can;t wait until they continue.

Hugh is not overpaid in my opinon he is a very good actor and deserves what ever amount he is getting.
Nameless
I'm a big fan of house, as Hugh is a very good actor, the cases are always interesting and the writing of the episodes is very good. However I am rather annoyed that in Australia they're only playing a new episode every two or three weeks...
DarkJad
OUCH, brutal.

I'm a House superfan. Me and my friends gather every Tuesday to watch it. We make chicken wings or some other form of food, and alll gather and watch it. Laurie is brilliant. Great mix of comedy & drama.
AutoTechGuy
I've hosted a couple House parties myself. As much as I love the show I'll admit a couple of the plot lines are a tad bit.. hoaky... but that's what keeps it interesting.

Watching the chemistry between House and Cutty is just great... talk about your love/hate relationship! I'm either thinking "kill each other already" or "get a room!"

As far as real life goes, Cutty would HAVE to have something going for House, as there's no way he'd keep his job! Hospitals these days are not unlike corporate environments, and corporations just do not tolerate people like him. Yes he may be a brilliant doctor, but he's also a lawsuit just waiting to happen, and as a result would have been banished from the medical field a long time ago - but then again that would be IRL.

YOU CAN'T STOP OUR LOVE!
Obake
Nigeria wrote:
They are holding the eipsodes until the world series is over here in the USA I'm not sure what they are doing overseas.

Ah, I'd wondered what was happening with that (one of my friends keeps up with the US releases, and mentioned it was going to several weeks before the next ep. was out). Speaking for Australia, I believe we're still trucking through the second season, so it's not as if we don't have ground to catch up anyway. >>;

Nameless wrote:
However I am rather annoyed that in Australia they're only playing a new episode every two or three weeks...

Oh, ow. I wonder, is it only Australian television that's so careless of its viewers? Because almost any TV show I'd be interested in watching here seems to wind up getting ping-ponged through timeslots. This is why I just buy the DVDs these days.

AutoTechGuy wrote:
Watching the chemistry between House and Cutty is just great... talk about your love/hate relationship! I'm either thinking "kill each other already" or "get a room!"

*Grins* While I'm more in it for the House/Wilson, the interaction between House and Cuddy is definitely fun viewing. I think she does have a bit of a thing for him, and I don't think he's entirely unaware of it, but I also believe that they would be terrible in a relationship together. House is very, very bad at showing Cuddy the respect that, frankly, she is due; and she doesn't trust him enough for things not to wind up very messed up between them. I think Cuddy realises that, and has decided that she's got more respect for the both of them than to set things in motion that way.

Unless, perhaps, there was a mediating force between them. Preferably Wilson-shaped. Razz

But I am speaking only as someone who's seen to the end of season two. There could be something you know that I don't...
Ivooo
I like House M.D. very much, I've seen all episodes (I think) and I liked them all. I just saw the last two episodes of season 4 (episode 15 house's head and episode 16 wilson's heart), what a wonderfull episodes, when I watched the first one, I couldn't wait to watch te second episode. I think these are one of the best episodes of house until now.

By the way, it is strange that season 4 has only 16 episodes, the other three seasons had about 20 episodes each. Why should they have done that?

Ivooo
lastelement0
i enjoy this show as well. however, i havent really been an avid watcher. that is i havent really made the effort to watch every episode. but if i do happen to come across it flpping through the channels more often than not i find myself watching it, and laughing at houses demeanor to all.
roxys_art
House is probably my favorite show on the TV right now. The show has solid characters. Obviously at the forefront is the character of Gregory House. Even though he is the main character, I don't think the show would be as interesting.

I am no medical genious and really only know the basics about medicine. I would imagine that the medicine on the show is average, at best. However, to me, that doesn't take away from the story or the process House goes through to figure out what it wrong. Oh, and there are so many great lines in every single episode, that you almost need a DVR so that you can rewatch each episode.

I think my favorite episode of House would have to be Three Stories or the two part finale last season.
scary
Well, this thread has already been reborn after more than 2 years, so don't be mad at me at reborning it again Very Happy

House M.D. is my favourite TV show, no doubt.It combines medicine with a lot of funny moments, but there are a lot of extremely strong, extremely...well...unforgetable Shocked

Seriously, for example, the end of the 5th season...how dramatic was that :/ It taught me a lot, especially about drugs...

Also, the end of the 4th season was really dramatic...

Well, all the seasons are great.But I have some doubts about the 6th season - on one hand I want to watch as much House as hell ( Very Happy ), but on the other hand it's bad to ruin a great TV series with a lot of seasons...

And other thing - House was sent in a hospital in the end of the 5th season, I don't think it's appropriate to start another season...I think that the series can surely be called "Finished." ...

But time will tell Smile
Enterprise
I've always been bothered by the unrealistic factor of this show. And that's saying something, because I watch a ton of sci-fi. But the difference I think is this is pretending to be mimic'ing real life, when it isn't. The characters are too dynamic, the problems, too often, and everything taken far too dramatically. Remind you of anything? Try watching a soap, and comparing the two. You may find the only difference is the viewer count. No thanks, I'd rather watch Scrubs, it, at least, never takes itself too seriously.
scary
So...in other words - you don't like the show?

Lol ;] It has won a lot of awards...best drama series and stuff...
Magicman
I think House is a pretty good show. To the average, non-doctor viewer, it seems real enough. I know very little about rare diseases and medical conditions so the show's situations are real enough for me. It's just a TV show anyway so there needs to be a suspension of disbelief when watching it anyway.
bigt
Insanity wrote:
What! There's no House topic yet? I find that disturbing. House is the best show out there with the great Hugh Laurie.

The best show with Hugh Laurie, yes Smile But really, it is a great show. It and NCIS (& other shows) get recorded, but they usually get watched pretty quick.
silverdown
I like house, I mean if you don't like house.... your a doctor and is JEALOUS!.. I just find it funny they made a show about a pill pop-in doctor.... what if it is true? Yikes!
Enterprise
Suspension of belief is one thing, like I said, I watch sci-fi, but this show is the type that shouldn't require it. It's supposed to be believable and it's not, and that's really bothersome for me. And awards don't mean much, like I said, viewer count. It pulls a lot of people in, but that doesn't make it a good show. That's like saying Twilight is a good book because it's ensnared thousands of preteen girls. Ha.
Insanity
I think there have been quite a few House topics, but that was probably back when the show was actually running and people had things to talk about such as the current episode.

Anyways, I find House's wit and sarcasm to be its main selling point. In this way, it really distinguishes itself from the other medical dramas you find so pervasive. I really wonder how the cliffhanger ending is going to resolve itself though.
menino
House M.D. is one of my favourite shows.

I love the way House plays his part as obnoxious, and manipulative to get what he wants done his way, and yet in a lot of pain, and uses his frustration to get at people

I love the way Cuddy is catching up to him and dodging most of his goofs.

Can't wait for season 6. Hope its as good.
missdixy
Let's hope Hugh Laurie gets the emmy this year! He's nominated again.
deanhills
missdixy wrote:
I didn't know that. I would wish for him to get it as well. Smile
Vladalf
missdixy wrote:

He'd really deserve it.
~Vlad
Vladalf
Has anyone seen episode one from season six? Had a lot of great lines in it and the acting was nice too. It's great that he's back to his old stuff again, I don't know how they'll pull off this season with this situation change.
~Vladk
deanhills
Looks as though House didn't get the Emmy. I was rather disappointed with that.
Enterprise
So, I watched the 2 hour season premier on a whim. Not entirely sure why, as I'm not a fan of the show by any means, but I guess I was bored. Anyway, it only served to further prove to myself that I am entirely justified in not watching or liking this show. The whole depiction of mental illness and the long term care ward were completely stereotypical and insulting. Seriously, it's sad.
[FuN]goku
I'm actually watching the third episode in the season as we speak, and I've seen the other 2 as well. I only started watching it about last season some time, and in all the episodes I've seen , I have to say, it's a pretty good show.
guggs
Oh dear ! I didnt realise that some people actually liked House. It's one of the most annoying TV dramas I've ever had the misfortune to see, and at my age I've suffered quite a few bad ones, believe me. It also squanders the talents of the otherwise excellent Hugh Laurie ( shame not everyone on here can be bothered to spell his name correctly ) - watch some Blackadder if you don't understand why I think he is wasted on House. The very, very fake accent he uses grates on my ears and is simply appalling. As for all the other generic American actors / actresses, well it's probably the best they can do.

To sum it up, even my girlfriend won't watch it and that speaks volumes for how awful it is.
brokenadvice
To those who dislike house: The new season is amazing. There has been more character development in the first three episodes than in the rest of the series. There is still the drugs/cancer/sarcoidosis/lupis/patient lied/rare tropical disease/final disease cycle, but it is at least toned down a bit. Give it another shot.
Vladalf
I agree Hugh Laurie's talent is hugely larger than what the other actors in this show can do. I really miss the great english humour in Blackadder, nowadays only english movies kind of have any barable humour.
~Vlad
kriszara
House just kinda grows on you. I started watching reruns when there was nothing else on. We joked it should be a drinking game where you had to drink a shot every time a staff member suggested vasculitis as the problem.
Is it great - no
Is it realistic - no
but there is some well written dialogue and no laugh track so that puts it above half of the other shows out there.
biljap
After watching a lot of episodes it may become a little boring and hard to stay focused because there are similarities in episodes… But I adore House; I adore just the way he is. I admit I would be afraid to be his patient but I definitely like watching him resolving problem. Wink
sheedatali
biljap wrote:
After watching a lot of episodes it may become a little boring and hard to stay focused because there are similarities in episodes… But I adore House; I adore just the way he is. I admit I would be afraid to be his patient but I definitely like watching him resolving problem. Wink

I agree, the fix patient part is just boring, just plain old story of someone getting sick and doctors fixing it. The real charm of the show is House character, his absolute confidence of being much better than others, making them look ordinary. Flirtations with Cutty, and humiliations of Wilson. That is what I watch it for, I normally put it on and do my work when they are fixing patients and watch when house is upto his tricks. I love it.
deanhills
I agree. It is the dialogue from House that is the best part for me of the show, and I don't mind seeing repeats, as they always feel different every day. This guy really has a great gift.
nokeywordphrase
Ya I like the show alot also drug addicted doctor I love it haha!
john18soo
I Love this show hope it never ends.
Insanity
I really like House, and I've been watching all the seasons from the beginning. Some of the episodes are really interesting and intriguing, but I feel that recently, it has become too formulaic. Which basically means that the format of the show has become more and more predictable. For example, every time I see House enter that epiphany phase where he blanks out and the music changes while the camera zooms into his face, I die a little bit inside. It's become too predictable because it has been repeated ad nauseum. Also, there's always some scene where the patient either goes into cardiac arrest or stops breathing and needs to have his throat cut into. I'm glad they only had to show the gruesome part only once in the show, otherwise it would be too much to handle and not to mention a bit stupid.

Anyways, it's a good show, but I wish they would mix it up a bit. I'm not saying that I hate this predictability, but I just wish it would get a bit more original. The novelty has worn off.
poopooface
When House first aired on TV, I didn't think much of it. But recently because I was bored, I started watching from the very beginning and find it extremely interesting. House is a total genius!
johnvander29
I just love the show. I can watch even old episodes over and over.
joemann29
I hope this show never goes off the air. The cast is just great together.
bloodrider
I'm also a big fan of House...
I've seen all the episodes and always looking forward to seeing the next one =P
joeshoe29
Love the show. Its funny how the cast interacts with eachother. Dont you think?
degreeinfo29
It sucks but eventualy House will end. Even the best of shows in the past come to an end sometime.
joemoe49
Yep that is true. Like I loved MASH remember that old show. Its to bad they stop good shows like that.
trthdy
Loved the last episode on Cuddy (5 to 9). We got to see an entirely different side of her personality. I always used to think that all she ever does is babysit House.
harrysmoe32
Yes that was a good episode. I liked how she showed another side of herself also.
joemaxx29
I liked the show also. But latley seems like its getting tired and overdone. Just my opinion.
menino
The season 6 is a little different than the others, but I like it.

I liked season 5, where he names all the new potential recruits as numbers, and then slowly dismisses them.
deanhills
I really like Hugh Laurie very much, but wish Hollywood can come up for something better to use his skills in. Better yet, wish BBC can make him an offer for a comedy series that he cannot refuse!

ficaralawfirm
Ya but now were going into the newest season. Would be good to see what the writers come up with for each episode to keep it fresh. Sometimes a show thats been on as long as House tends to get boring and same stuff over and over again.
menino
Yes, House does most times seem to be quite predictable, but I love his characters sense of humur and also now how he is teaching Wilson the tricks of the trade.
I loved season 5, and am currently on season 6, which is ok.
deanhills
With the series we are having in the Middle East, it started with him having had an operation and his leg was fixed, and then it started going bad again. Ironic that someone who is suffering so much pain, can be the source of healing so many others of pain. Maybe they relate much better?
kutekitten
I once spent an entire weekend (2 days) watching house with one of my best friends, we watched just over two seasons, we ate, slept and spent all of our time in from of the tv. Doing so, I must admit that I love house and think it is very addicting, so far I haven't missed and episode and I don't plan on it, although some are a bit predictable, they're still hilarious and quite witty.
mackcolen
Ya I love the show. I am collecting all the DVD's for all the episodes as they come out.
menino
Yes, house M.D. is good, although some episodes are predictable and some are downright boring.
But I love House's witty and sarcastic comments.
timconel29
Me also I love when House does his wise cracks.
QrafTee
kriszara wrote:
House just kinda grows on you. I started watching reruns when there was nothing else on. We joked it should be a drinking game where you had to drink a shot every time a staff member suggested vasculitis as the problem.
Is it great - no
Is it realistic - no
but there is some well written dialogue and no laugh track so that puts it above half of the other shows out there.
Vasculitis or Scoilodosis, you'll be drinking like at least two times an episode.
joshash29
Ya House is not the greates show. But for me its just funny and interesting enough to keep me watching it.
dcolex7
House MD is one of the best show I have ever seen. The story and the characters of the show are just outstanding. And I love to watch this show online.

Download Big Shots Episodes, , Download Jericho Episodes
aficaralaw
Cant say enough good things about the show. I hope it never ends.
jackross29
Ya I love this show alot also. Hope it never goes off the air.
johnclay29
I to love the show. I hope they keep it going for a long long time.
markstone29
Yes I also hope it stays on. But like alot of other shows even though there still good and alot of fans they sometimes cancell them. I hate when they do that.
jackhue29
I agree with you. They cancelled so many good shows like MASH, The A Team, I hate it when they do that!
parcinfo
House is my favorite tv show !
Nameless
I used the love House. The scripting, acting, sets and whatever else you cared to name were excellent and in many ways they still are, but ... Seven seasons is way too long for this kind of show. I watched up to season 6 and although there were a few episodes with a different POV or whatever, the vast majority were the same increasingly tired formula. The soap opera aspect is getting old as well - I mean, I was one of those who liked the arc where House recruited new lackeys, but some of the relationships are drawn out to the point of ridiculousness and the end of season 6 was such a blatant deus ex machina that I gave up at the point.

It's probably still a good show, but it needs to die now. :/
loyal
House is one of the few programmes that I still regularly watch. Its first three seasons were arguably the best and the same; the later ones had alot more drama in. Especially this latest season where I feel the medicine is underemphasised and the drama has been increased even more. I don't know if that's a good thing...hopefully the show won't deteriorate, until they've killed it by milking the show too much. There's nothing wrong with ending on a high.

Peace.
menino
Yeah, I agree, House isn't as interesting as he used to be in the beginning, but I don't hope that they kill it.. I hope they can make it better, and I think that is possible.

Right now, with Season 7, they have shown House and Cuddy trying to build a relationship, including the baby, which House has some reluctance about.

Still, some episodes really look interesting, and I hope they do makeit better.

We can only wait, watch, and see. Smile
ficaralawfirmny
me too, I also love the show. I am collecting all the DVD's for all the episodes as they come out.

long island law firm
jackhue029
thumbs up for HOUSE! keep it up!

NJ Lose Weight
joeshoe44
i LOVE HOUSE!
NJ Stop Smoking
ms_j
oh I love House. Can't wait for Monday. LOL But I agree that it's not as good and dynamic as it used to be. This season is a bit better then the last one. Although, nothing tops the "Broken"episode. Hugh's performance was to die for in that one. Should have won an Emmy for it.
joestuck29
this season 6 ..i love it!
ato784
house is a very good show. i always enjoy it, however for some reason the latest season seems to be very predictable to me... but it is still good.
a1webshopping
The only issue I have with House is the inconsistency of new shows. WTF do I want to watch repeats every third week?
ricardo22
house is an intelligent program, its not for all people
ms_j
Maybe he's talking about the gaps between new episodes. If not, sorry.
But the gaps drive me crazy! All shows are doing it now, IDK why, but House is the worst among the ones I watch.
The last two episodes were great.

Hey did anyone notice how Cuddy (Lisa) is getting, how should I put it.... uglier? Laughing The makeup sucks! She has some redness under her eyes that wast there before. They should just fire their makeup artist. Not that this matters at all to the quality of the show, but I just noticed it.
harrymoe29
yeah! ilove this show!
jackbshp17
I love house so much! I am sad if Charlie Sheen dont return to 2 and a half men.
ms_j
jackbshp17 wrote:
I love house so much! I am sad if Charlie Sheen dont return to 2 and a half men.

WTF? Eh?
Insanity
I have no idea how that is related.

Anyways, House is awesome. I wish they would keep the episodes comingl.
timkurt29
Yeah, i like the show also..
ms_j
Lisa Edelstein is leaving the show! How will that look like?!

Code:
http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-shocker-lisa-edelstein-quits/
annstuck29
hi everyone! im new to this page glad to meet you all!
loyal
ms_j wrote:
Lisa Edelstein is leaving the show! How will that look like?!

Code:
http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/house-shocker-lisa-edelstein-quits/

OMG!!!! For God's sake, put a spoiler warning or something!!!!!!
Tesa323
I really can't beleive their was no house M.D topics I started watching house a couple years ago got addicted since the first episodes I love ally he drama that happens and all the wired deseases I learn alot from house. I think i've wathed every house episode their is to watch and I'll watch any more that comes out.' another good tv show is Bones i've way he'd bones and house ever since they came out. I don't think I've ever missed a show.
menino
I love House M.D. as well. And eagerly waiting for season 8, after a couple of months. Hopefully they will have something new int he drama, and some new medical diagnoses which will be more interesting.
Hopefully some more interesting characters as well.

I've heard good reveiws about Bones, but have not yet started watching it... but probably will soon. I have the first 2 seasons lying around somewhere.
rickmoss29
i like that show =)
ricardo22
Like Insanity said "House is the best show out there with the great Hugh Laurie."
I simply LOVE HOUSE! LOVEEEE ALL THE SERIE!
timmoss29
love it so mmmuuchhhh....
deanhills
If we get House on Nilesat in the UAE - MBC4 - it used to be once a week, BUT for some or other reason it's become once a day. And some of the episodes I have not seen before. Ankle clicking stuff! Very Happy
LostOverThere
Just started watching Season 4 (my first introduction to House) and I must say, I've been quite impressed. It seems a very nicely put together little series. Some great characters too!
loyal
deanhills wrote:
If we get House on Nilesat in the UAE - MBC4 - it used to be once a week, BUT for some or other reason it's become once a day. And some of the episodes I have not seen before. Ankle clicking stuff! Very Happy

You should try to watch it online if you're in a country where it doesn't come on TV. No-one should be deprived of this great TV show :p
richmoss29
Yes, i also like this show. House entertaining somehow.
Insanity
I'm disappointed that it's going to take another month or so for the season to start back up! I miss the show and I'm wondering where it's going to go with that cliffhanger ending.
ms_j
Well Lisa left the show, so.....there are not that many options. Boo for her Mad
deanhills
loyal wrote:
deanhills wrote:

You should try to watch it online if you're in a country where it doesn't come on TV. No-one should be deprived of this great TV show :p
I was unaware that I could. Do you have a link for online shows? I have been able to get some of the Turkish TV series on YouTube, but have not succeeded yet with the shows from the US .... yet ....
Very Happy
ms_j
Insanity wrote:
I'm disappointed that it's going to take another month or so for the season to start back up! I miss the show and I'm wondering where it's going to go with that cliffhanger ending.

Want some spoilers? Smile
http://www.tvline.com/2011/07/house-season-premiere-shocker-spoiler/
http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/house-spoiler-new-dean-lisa-edelstein-successor/
mazito
i love the show, i was with the Cuddy and House Romance, i liked that part of the season where they were couple, and think the young dr Masters could be more time, i think her caracter had some more to give....

well sitting waiting
ms_j
mazito wrote:
and think the young dr Masters could be more time, i think her caracter had some more to give....

oh, I really didn't like her.
tommoss67
I love the show cant say enough good things about it.
johnstalk28
I cant wait to see what happens in the new season
johnhuck63
I also cant wait to see the new season when it starts.
johnmoss71
Did you know House can be seen on cable and satelite networks in other countries?
jackmoss96
Wow I did not know that House is shown in other countries that is so cool!
Josso
This thing with Lisa is lame, I'm sure there will be a reappearance of some kind though... they will just throw wads of dollar bills at her whilst kneeling, begging and crying.

Anyone think house will die? Or maybe they will cop out and just have a nice happy ending. I think both would be equally epic. Someone has to die though probably. The show has had a nice long run imo it's a good idea to end it now while they are ahead.
crowjack20
You really think House will die? That will suck!
juliemoss60
If they kill off House that will really suck!
Josso
Saw the first episode of season 8 a couple of days ago, was awesome imo... good kick off for the start of the season.

Don't want to give out any spoilers but I think people will like it.
healthyaging29
i cant wait for the new season!
mazito
Just two weeks more
dude_xyx
I have friend who crazy about this TV show. He always says good things about it so Now I'm thinking about getting the First season.
jackymoss29
yeah! that show is awesome!
LostOverThere
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it begins soon! Is everyone excited? Smile
menino
I think the new season of House should have already been aired by now.
I heard that in this season start, he goes to jail.
This will be interesting to watch. :d
davidv
I saw the first episode of season 8 last night and it was interesting. Disappointed they didn't show any of the other cast members like wilson, lisa or chase. Awesome show. I can't wait till the next episode!
popo4512
Laughing
House M.D. is cool
menino
I just heard it on Jay Leno (and this was no joke), that House was the most watched show in Europe.

Actually, if you see Mentalist... its a bit like House. In fact I remember one scene where was used in House, and they used it in mentalist... (that of someone coming through the door at a moment he said they would).
agingjohn
Hi guys!

Tuvitor
The first episode of this season made me wish they would have kept him in that prison for the duration of the season. I really loved that episode, and that setting had so much potential...
mossjoe67
ficaralongisland
I saw so fell episodes about this show
mayjason21
I love this show the first few new episodes were great
chuckmoss15
House is the best show out there with the great Hugh Laurie.
LostOverThere
I haven't started watching it yet, but what's Season 8 been like so far?
johnmossy97
silverdown
Yea i still watch re-runs, they are funny and make my laugh every time. They picked a great actor to play that role. All thought what they did to the show by breaking up the original team kinda made me stop watching it for awhile.
mosstim89
I love this show the first few new episodes were great I can;t wait until they continue.
jackhue78
junemoss93
oh God i love reading this forum!
dustinmoss44
hi everyone! i love reading this forum!
jackyjones81
smuthersjoe
any topic ??? Smile
davidrand76
Hi people,

johnrand91
I find myself rewinding the DVR all the time to watch some of his lines.
toddrand92
i know,right!
jorgejones67
House M.D. is my favourite TV show, no doubt.It combines medicine with a lot of funny moments, but there are a lot of extremely strong, extremely...well...unforgetable Shocked
jorgejones67
I agree Hugh Laurie's talent is hugely larger than what the other actors in this show can do.
timmymoss88
i know right!!!
timmymoss88
i know right!!!

Song of Songs Commentary
mossjackie18
I must admit, House is pretty addictive
tomymossy
I will agree with you completely!
ujjwalshrestha
Am I the only one who is not a fan of House MD here?
davidrenalds

Doctor Dov Rand
johnthugs29
Actually, if you see Mentalist... its a bit like House. In fact I remember one scene where was used in House, and they used it in mentalist..
Segia
Just started watching it, and it quite lives up to the hype. Hugh Laurie is amazing.
Josso
Can someone from American tell me the time when house starts/finishes? I looked on the fox site and it said "8/7c" - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Does this mean 7-8pm or... like is one EST and one EST-1 or something?

Also if anyone watches Castle on ABC same question.
thugsrandy
mossesrandy
I have to say, it's a pretty good show.
jackruth45
heyyyy!! wazzuppp! everybody!
hughestony10
House is the best show!!!
timothygrants
There are always such interesting cases.
jackruths
new episodes were great
ujjwalshrestha
Can't believe so much interest on a TV series? I stop watching TV since I went to college and never missed anything about it.
Josso
ujjwalshrestha wrote:
Can't believe so much interest on a TV series? I stop watching TV since I went to college and never missed anything about it.

It is a particually popular TV Series... also good for you, hope your getting your healthy dosage propaganda from elsewhere.

I watch lots of TV programs but never TV lol
stutterjames
The very, very fake accent he uses grates on my ears and is simply appalling
johnjackson2410
I'm a big fan of house
timhouser62
I didnt realise that some people actually liked House.
ewardsgene
House is the best show.
seedsowers28
Hugh Laurie is great!
jackmash29
nguyenvulong
Do you know where this story belongs ?

he second season begins with Rick and his group of survivors escaping the CDC. They decide that Fort Benning would be their next destination. Along the way, they come across a traffic jam of abandoned vehicles on I-85. The group loots several vehicles and, as a large horde of walkers approach, are forced to hide under the vehicles. Sophia runs off into the woods to escape a walker. Carl is accidentally shot during the initial search. The remaining group deals with interpersonal relationships while various searches for Sophia are performed. Otis, the man who shot Carl, leads Rick and Shane to a large, isolated farm owned by a veterinarian named Hershel Greene. The survivors move to the farm while Carl recovers. Rick's group tries to co-exist alongside Hershel's family, but dangerous secrets and disagreements over leadership cause tensions to rise. Glenn builds a romantic relationship with one of Hershel's daughters. He also discovers that Hershel's barn is full of walkers, some of which are Hershel´s family members. When Shane forces the walkers out of the barn and the group open fire, Sophia appears as a walker and is shot by Rick.
Hershel, reacting to what has happened, orders Rick and his group to leave immediately, before disappearing to grieve for his family. Daryl begins to withdraw from the group. Rick and Glenn go searching for Hershel and discover him drinking heavily in a local tavern. After trying to persuade Hershel to return, two other men enter the bar: survivors from another group. The situation rapidly turns sour and there is a brief but bloody gunfight which leaves the two new survivors dead. The dead men's former group quickly finds and opens fire on Rick, Hershel, and Glenn at the bar. The noise of the firefight attracts a large horde of walkers, and in their desperation to get away, the other group of survivors leave one of their members, Randall, behind. Rick cannot stand the thought of leaving him to be killed by walkers, so the three blindfold him and take him to the farm. However, once they get him there, they realize that he could lead the remainder of his former group to the farm. Rick decides to drive Randall into the countryside to abandon him but is attacked by walkers during a disagreement with Shane. Shortly before the walkers arrival, Randall confessed that he had previously been to Hershel's farm. With the secrecy of the farm's location compromised, Rick decides to bring Randall back for possible execution. Hershel's daughter Beth tries to kill herself in order to escape a seemingly hopeless situation. The group deliberates over the fate of Randall and, despite Dale's protests, decide to execute him. Carl begins experimenting in danger, and is found watching Rick as he prepares to execute Randall. Dale is fatally wounded by a walker, and as a result is killed by Daryl as an act of mercy. After Dale's funeral, the group decides that they need to rediscover their humanity. The group conducts a search for Randall, whom Shane secretly released and killed nearby. Daryl and Glenn come to the realization that the dead can come back without previous exposure to walkers. Shane uses the search for Randall as a ploy to silence Rick, but the plan backfires and Rick is faced with killing Shane. Just minutes later, Shane reanimates as a walker and Carl shoots him.
timmoss78
House is pretty addictive
lancemisser
toddmoss15
Hugh Laurie is very good and verry funny
beckyturner82
I love the show so much I can watch old episodes over and over again.
Insanity
The only thing I don't like about House is that it sometimes take a while for new episodes to air. Or maybe it's just because I rely on Hulu and don't see anything up for long periods of time.
timmychuck
I find that disturbing. House is the best show
jackruth29
johanmercer
the great Hugh Laurie.
deanhills
REALLY happy. After an absence of almost a year, not only is House back, but instead of one show every week, we're getting one every morning. So am taping all of those. Nice to have Hugh Laurie back again.
lucascoelho
For me the best thing about House himself is that he does no magic at all! He just knows a lot about his stuff (medicine), pays attention to what is going on (with his patients, colleagues, whatever) and keep cool to take the best decisions (I mean, the more probably accurate ones, not necessarily the safer or nicer ones) and that's it.
As far as I'm concerned, we can all do the same. Just gotta know the most we can about our work or field of study, pay attention to the minimum detail of what matters and be not afraid to take the decision you feel is the one!
What if it's not? Give a damn and move on! After all, like the philosopher Jagger once said: "You can't always get what you want"! Cool
deanhills
lucascoelho wrote:
For me the best thing about House himself is that he does no magic at all! He just knows a lot about his stuff (medicine), pays attention to what is going on (with his patients, colleagues, whatever) and keep cool to take the best decisions (I mean, the more probably accurate ones, not necessarily the safer or nicer ones) and that's it.
As far as I'm concerned, we can all do the same. Just gotta know the most we can about our work or field of study, pay attention to the minimum detail of what matters and be not afraid to take the decision you feel is the one!
What if it's not? Give a damn and move on! After all, like the philosopher Jagger once said: "You can't always get what you want"! Cool
I'm mostly entertained by his interactions with his colleagues and patients and how he manages to cut through all of the BS with his unorthodox approaches. For me the magic also lies in how he manages to find clues in the reactions of his coworkers and patients to his unorthodox approaches that gets him to arrive at his diagnoses. Most of the time anyway.
lucascoelho
deanhills wrote:
lucascoelho wrote:
I'm mostly entertained by his interactions with his colleagues and patients and how he manages to cut through all of the BS with his unorthodox approaches. For me the magic also lies in how he manages to find clues in the reactions of his coworkers and patients to his unorthodox approaches that gets him to arrive at his diagnoses. Most of the time anyway.

That's right. He's actually experimenting with them all the time, to get to his results.
Not that I agree with all his methods, but the whole idea behind it is what matters...
georgemoss29
lucascoelho
georgemoss29 wrote:

Well, I'm biased to talk about it, but I guess you should see more, and so should everybody else!

Just to mention, I hate medical stuff, but even though I love seeing House for that "magic" he does. It's inspiring, I think, because what he does all of us can. As deanhills said we just gotta cut the BS and go to the point of what you need to do. It's that simple! Very Happy
deanhills
Just heard today that the House series came to an end yesterday. Sad in a way, but perhaps Hugh Laurie is too gifted to be doing the same thing over and over again for so long. Hope we will be seeing him in some serious comedies.
Josso
Yep hope so - was a fitting end I think.
rogue_skydragon
I can't believe the show is over! After 8 incredible seasons, Hugh Laurie has definitely established himself as an acting legend. I'm very curious to see what this man does next.
menino
I'm a bit sad to see house MD finished, after 8 seasons.
In a way it is good, I guess. The story seemed to be the same of him solving cases, although some of them seemed to be challenging and new cases revolved around his personal life in some ways.
Still I loved House's character.
johnhumphy
how are you doing everyone,is there any new topic?
deanhills
menino wrote:
Still I loved House's character.
Me too. Not much else on the circuit I like either. Hope Hugh Laurie will find another show soon.
Tuvitor
I'm gonna miss this show. Yeah, all the episodes have their similarities and tropes, but it's always entertaining. Dr. Gregory House is an awesome character. I hope to see more Hugh Laurie in the future.
blarchitect
Should have ended a couple of seasons ago when he hooked up with Cuddy. Went downhill after that.
Iceaxe0410
That's how many tv shows end up. After so many seasons, it only seems to go downhill at some point. Kind of see that with long running series. I suppose there's only so many episodes that one could do to keep it fresh. I really loved House. It's too bad it ended, but that's how it is with most shows. There are some exceptions like Doctor Who, but that keeps it fresh by changing the personality and actor of the Doctor. Other shows, you don't really get that option because a change in cast usually results in a loss of viewers. Take for instance what happened with the x-files when Mulder dropped off the radar.

In any case, I hope Hugh Laurie finds another interesting role to act in. I still get amused because I remember his earlier work as Wooster. I saw a few episodes before House ever started. It's such a difference in character it's almost shocking.