FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Speech to Text

vignesh_natraj
i want to convert my speech to text in MS word is there any option or software for it please its urgent
sush
Microsoft Word XP (onwards) has built in support for Speech Input. Just choose it from one of the many menus, I think its Tools - Speech or similar. Open up Speech from the Control Panel and train it to suit your voice and tone.
Indyan
If you are not satisfied with the built in support get Dragon naturally speaking (I think the built in one is based on dragon itself)
Arno v. Lumig
I've tried Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8.0 myself, but I didn't really like it. I can type faster then I speak, and it made loads of spelling errors. I spent more time training that thing then I spent using it.

Do note that my mother tongue is Dutch, and I had the English version of the program. Yes I was talking English to it Razz.

Also it's really irritating for other people in the room Razz

Goodluck,
Arno
JamesBond
try Talk It Type It. its quite good and recognizes sound to the best possible abilities. only thing is that its not free. there is a trial and if ur willing to pay for it, u can buy it if u like.
guissmo
Try the Windows Speech Recognition thing. It kinda sucks if English isn't your first language though.
vignesh_natraj
i think my problem is solved because my project is over
i will try some programs you guys mentioned the next time thanks keep posting good programs
ba11inncali
Funny how no one gave you instructions for the program you were asking for. Well here you go.

Speech recognition is installed in all Office programs by initially using the feature in Microsoft Word, or by doing a custom installation. After speech recognition is installed, you can increase speech recognition accuracy by taking a few minutes to train the computer to recognize how you speak by reading aloud prepared training text.

Open Word.
On the Tools menu, click Speech.
You're asked if you want to install the feature. Click Yes.

After the installation is complete, click Next to train speech recognition.

Training begins with help in adjusting your microphone.

After speech recognition is installed, it is available on the Tools menu in all Office programs.