FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

President defiant at Iran-EU talks

TeamCrisus
Quote:
"Iran's president vowed on Wednesday not to give up the right to nuclear technology, just as EU and Iranian diplomats met to see if Tehran might suspend uranium enrichment and avoid the threat of sanctions.

The United States, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China have offered Tehran economic and political incentives if it suspends uranium enrichment, which the West believes is part of a nuclear weapons programme.

Tehran says its nuclear enrichment activities are aimed at generating electricity and has refused to halt them.

"Today, Western countries want us to suspend our nuclear technology, but we say to them that we will never give it up," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, told a seminar in Tehran according to the semi-official Mehr news agency.

But other Iranian news agency gave different accounts of what Ahmadinejad said.

"In negotiations they tell us to suspend uranium enrichment for one day on the pretext of some technical problem and let us continue negotiations," the IRNA state news agency reported.

"Our answer to them, is no one has the right to abandon the rights of the Iranian nation and the Iranian nation will not give up its right," he was quoted as saying.

Ahmadinejad's comments came as European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana began a meeting with Iran's chief nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani. Larijani was to have met Solana at the U.N. General Assembly in New York last week but never showed up.

The Washington Times reported this week that Iran was close to a deal that would include a temporary, 90-day suspension of uranium enrichment and clear the way for talks on incentives.

But Iran dismissed the report as propaganda.

"As no new talks have taken place, such news is baseless, cannot be correct and is creating negative propaganda against Iran," Mohammad Saeedi, deputy head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation, told Reuters in Tehran."(CNN President)

Every thing you see above is by CNN.com
Visit the site below for more information about this topic.
Source:[url]CNN.com[/url]
joshumu
An article i just read explors the possability of the USA nuking Iran. Scary yet its possable. And if it does happen, chances are it will be within the next 2 years.

here is the article
http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts09252006.html
ahamed
And I think US wants this aggresively ... may be they won't care what world says .. just as like did in iraq ...
James007
Added quote-tags. Please use them in the future.
Soulfire
Here's the situation:

We don't want Iran to nuke us before we nuke them.

But I wouldn't look too much into nuclear war. If we do nuke Iran, why not just finish off the entire middle east? It's the source of all of the world's problems.
truespeed
Who are the USA to say who can and who cant have nuclear energy in the world,ok iran may of not been the USA's biggest ally in the past but who is to say they cant be in the future,acting as aggressively as the USA are ,i mean what are they trying to do,piss off the whole of the arab world.
S3nd K3ys
The US should NOT nuke Iran, we don't want to spoil all the oil before we invade them, rape their women, pilliage and plunder then leave in a shambles with no future and no economy like we did in Iraq, Germany, Japan and everywhere else we've conquered.
JoeFriday
truespeed wrote:
Who are the USA to say who can and who cant have nuclear energy in the world,ok iran may of not been the USA's biggest ally in the past but who is to say they cant be in the future,acting as aggressively as the USA are ,i mean what are they trying to do,piss off the whole of the arab world.

I don't think it's a matter of how nice Iran has been to the US, altho there is the allegation that the current Iranian president was the thug in charge of the Iran hostage crisis during Carter's pathetic administration.. I know the vast majority of members here weren't born at the time, but that was when a student revolution overran the US embassy in Iran and took over a dozen embassy workers hostage and held them for 444 days, regularly releasing videos of them in shackles and blindfolds.. while the Iranian president disavows any connection, several of those hostages have independently identified him as the man in charge back then

but almost certainly the reason the US doesn't think Iran should be allowed nuclear weapons is because of comments like this:

Quote:
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has openly called for Israel to be wiped off the map.

"The establishment of the Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world," the president told a conference in Tehran on Wednesday, entitled The World without Zionism.

"The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land," he said.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary leader Ayat Allah Khomeini.

His comments were the first time in years that such a high-ranking Iranian official has called for Israel's eradication, even though such slogans are still regularly used at government
rallies.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/15E6BF77-6F91-46EE-A4B5-A3CE0E9957EA.htm
truespeed
Yes but this is a leader preaching to the masses telling them what they want to hear,a bit like george bush saying he wants osama bin laden dead or alive.. john wayne style.. seriously though,the USA has adopted itself as the world police .. and rarely if ever has their intervention into local conflicts benefited either the situation or themselves. the middle east has had conflicts for years,only since the discovery of oil there has these conflicts become important to the USA and the rest of the world,when saddam invaded kuwait,the USAs motives for removing him from there were probably more for the oil than any social responsibilty,as they never got involved in yugoslavia or rwanda.
HoboPelican
joshumu wrote:
An article i just read explors the possability of the USA nuking Iran. Scary yet its possable. And if it does happen, chances are it will be within the next 2 years.

here is the article
http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts09252006.html

Since people seem to love quoting blogs...here what another blog says about Counterpunch, the source quoted above.
Quote:
Out of Bounds Magazine (whatever it is, since it has no online presence that Google can discern) may describe CounterPunch as "America's best political newsletter" but if contributors like Elson E. Boles are indicative of its content, one can only hope Out of Bounds is wrong. For otherwise, the state of political thought in the United States is in lamentable condition.

Take a dekko at Boles' piece "Helping Iraq Kill with Chemical Weapons" to get an idea of what I mean. Boles may be at the far end of the political spectrum from Dennis Prager (see below), but neither seems to have mastered the art of reading a newspaper at any time.

(http://home.blarg.net/~minsq/NCArchive/00000006.htm)

LOL. Why do people quote these blogs like they are respectable sources? Some might be valid, but they usually are so biased as to make them a joke (on either side of an issue). Just my opinion, of course, but it scares me that people are treating blogs like a valid source for confirming a postion.