FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox 2 RC1 is Ready

jwellsy
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/all-rc.html
For the adventurists out there you can try the new
Firefox 2 Release Canidate 1
it looks like it has some good features
but your favorite extensions or plugins may not work yet.
kristi_rey619
Thanks i didn't know bout this....

I'm using Firefox 2 Beta 2

Will surely check this new release
Eyre
sweet thanks for the link! still might wait for final release though...
{name here}
Eyre wrote:
sweet thanks for the link! still might wait for final release though...

Unless you have a dial up connection there's no reason you couldn't try it now if you wanted to.
saurabh.sauron
it still doesnt support many extensions and themes. unless most of these extensions are supported, i might not try it. i am happy with FF 1.5.07 right now. unless the final is released, it is better to wait.
ammonkc
I gotta say that I'm liking the new tweeks to the UI. it did break some of my themes, but thats not a biggie.
S3nd K3ys
Looks like many of the improvements came from popular past extensions.
hrtorrent
I use Firefox but I will wait final stable release.
Cool
rayx
Ialso like to use Firefox but I don't liketo use beta version of FF2, maybe i'll wait for the final release.
Xcelerate
I've been waiting for this... Very Happy

I know there were a few quirks with Firefox on my computer (it would sometimes randomly freeze when checking for updates on loading), and there were a few other odd things.
Darkfall
It's cool, got it today and I'd have to say it was worth the download! Smile
ammonkc
yeah, this build is a huge improvement over that last one. a lot of the bugs and quirks that kinda irritated me about the last release is pretty much non-existent in this one. its looking pretty slick.

and all of my extentions work fine when I installed the nightly build tester tool
pozzler
Hello,

I noticed a strange behaviour of firefox recently. Could you verify that it is general firefox problem?
When user clicks on a link to local pdf file (like, I have a webpage with some sort of list of pdf files on my box), the PDF wont get loaded.
The links on that page are in file:// protocol (like file://C:/A.pdf).
IE seems to accept that URI, and loads the pdf properly.

I verified this to be bad in FF1.5 - do FF2.0RC1 users have the same experience?

Cheers
Pozzler
{name here}
saurabh.sauron wrote:
it still doesnt support many extensions and themes. unless most of these extensions are supported, i might not try it. i am happy with FF 1.5.07 right now. unless the final is released, it is better to wait.

The only single extension I have found of any real redeeming value is adblock & Noscript. The rest I can find no purpose for.
WickedGravity
I have always done the bleeding edge Firefox builds and, where it may break some of the themes and extensions, it is a vast improvement if looked at from a standards compliant, security driven web browser.

I have used it since it was Firebird so I think that if more people supported it by beta testing, it would become a much better product.

Don't just download and use! If you see an issue more than once, please file a Bug Report.