FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Keyword elite

SteveoSupremo
Has anyone actually used Keyword elite to work on the SEO keyword section of their site? if so what do you you think of it?

if you use something else what is it and what do you like about it?

are there any free programs out there for good SE Optomizing?

thanks

Steve
LukeakaDanish
Its pointless, seen as all major searchengines dont even look at your keyword tag!

If you dont believe me check out this page from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_tag wrote:
Currently, Google does not use meta elements to index web sites; however Google will sometimes use text from the meta description in search results pages as the snippet of text that it displays, if terms queried appear in that description.

Spend time writing good title and description tags, and adding to your content instead
SteveoSupremo
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Its pointless, seen as all major searchengines dont even look at your keyword tag!

If you dont believe me check out this page from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_tag wrote:
Currently, Google does not use meta elements to index web sites; however Google will sometimes use text from the meta description in search results pages as the snippet of text that it displays, if terms queried appear in that description.

Spend time writing good title and description tags, and adding to your content instead

I think your missing the point of keyword elite.

its all about picking good keywords so that when someone searches for your Key Word they find your site and not your competitors site.

yes it may say that you want to put your keyword in the keyword tag just for thoes other search engines but that is NOT the main point of the software.

thanks though for your post to the wiki post that will help me find some more info about the topic of SEO.

so I restate my question. has anyone used Keyword elite or know of a similar program thats free?

steve
LukeakaDanish
hm...ok...sorry about that.

I just assumed it was a program for picking keywords for your meta keywords tag.

I looked at the page now and...

Their (KeywordsElite) site looks like the kind of thing i would NEVER pay a penny to:

Quote:

Dear Friend,...

...This Is Going To Disturb You...

...The reason I've decided to release the Keyword Elite software to the public is... because if War is going to be waged then you deserve to know and "ARM Yourself With Precision Weapons!"

NO REAL DOCUMENTS start with "dear friend" - professional services write in a formal tone - or at least a semi-formal tone - NO EXCEPTIONS!

"This is going to disturb you" - more like "this is going to make you laugh" - also notice how loads of the text is formatted like quotes to make it seem more real, although its obviously nothing like a quote...

FINALLY: The reason you've released this software is DEFINATELY because you want to make money...

Dont even give this kind of page your email - its gonna send you a kilo of spam a day...

Thats my "review" anyway Smile