FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music on my website?

Ghost900
I read that I can't have music on my website somwhere but now I can't find it and it is not in your rules that I saw anyway(I May have missed it) so I am asking if I can have music on my website?

I am asking this because I don't want to get in trouble with FRIHOST and get banned.
rafifaisal
Well you actually can't have music on stored on their servers.
I had the same problem.
So I tell you NO no music I am afraid.
Ghost900
Ok thats too bad Crying or Very sad Not that I need it or anything but it would be nice.

Thanks rafifaisal
tidruG
Actually, it depends on what kind of music you want to have on your website. If you want to upload music that you have no copyright over, it's definitely not allowed.
However, if you want to upload music to promote your band and your own music (songs that you have complete copyright over), then you can make an official request in the "Request an account change" forum, and if accepted, you can host music files.
Ghost900
I am guessing it is not allowed because I think it is copyrighted, and it is not made by me.

Although you can get the music free from there site it is more than likely still copyrighted.

Thanks for the fast answer though.
neji
Ghost900 wrote:
I am guessing it is not allowed because I think it is copyrighted, and it is not made by me.

Although you can get the music free from there site it is more than likely still copyrighted.

Still, as long the music isn't yours, you have to ask the producer if you can put there music on the server...

That is the best way to avoid problemes with IFPI Wink

And don't even think about it if you downloaded the music from p2p networks e.d like kazaa or limewire! Surprised
Ghost900
ya I don't use P2P downloading because that is considered stealing im my oppinion.

The music is from GuildWars and if I did get permission do you think I could have a chance to have it on my website?
tidruG
Ghost900 wrote:

Well, if the music is freely available and allowed to be distributed by the people who DO have the copyright, then I guess you can host it...
you could try asking for the permission, you'll probably need to prove that this music is freely available for downloading, and whether it's freely available for distributing...
Ghost900
I wrote AreaNet(GuildWars) and they sent me this link.

http://www.guildwars.com/support/legal/termsofuse.php

Quote:
I am interested in creating a Guild Wars or ArenaNet fansite. What is your policy regarding copyrights and trademarks? May I use ArenaNet and/or Guild Wars content, i.e., images, text, animations or sound files, on my web page?

Yes, you may use our content that is images, text, and video or audio files within the following parameters:
The content must be used in a noncommercial context for private, personal use only

You must include all copyright and other notices associated with the content

You acknowledge and agree that no title nor any other form of ownership to the content has been or will be transferred to you from ArenaNet nor from anyone else

You agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or in any other way modify the content

You agree that ArenaNet has the right to request removal of our content at any time, for any reason
tidruG
Ghost900 wrote:
I wrote AreaNet(GuildWars) and they sent me this link.

http://www.guildwars.com/support/legal/termsofuse.php

Quote:
I am interested in creating a Guild Wars or ArenaNet fansite. What is your policy regarding copyrights and trademarks? May I use ArenaNet and/or Guild Wars content, i.e., images, text, animations or sound files, on my web page?

Yes, you may use our content that is images, text, and video or audio files within the following parameters:
The content must be used in a noncommercial context for private, personal use only

You must include all copyright and other notices associated with the content

You acknowledge and agree that no title nor any other form of ownership to the content has been or will be transferred to you from ArenaNet nor from anyone else

You agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or in any other way modify the content

You agree that ArenaNet has the right to request removal of our content at any time, for any reason

Well, I guess that's good enough.
I think you should make an official request in the "Request an account change forum" (create a new thread).
You could link to this thread and/or quote what you just quoted above.
Also remember to obey the guidelines that ArenaNet lined out.
Ghost900
yes I will obey the rules and I will post in the "Request an account change forum" Thanks