FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPbb

From what I understand, I make 5 posts in these forums, get a free website on the grounds I have to continue using these forums?

How much control do I have over my website? Can I use a PHPbb forum on it while still having total access to the run files (Using PHPbb 2.1)?
Animal
Yes, you have virtually total control. It's up to you to use your site as you want it... you can run a forum, add mods, run scripts etc. As long as the site conforms to the TOS and your posts conform to the forum rules then it's yours to do what you like with!

Please note that your hosting request may take between 2 and 4 days to be accepted after you apply.
Thanks. That sounds fairly easy... and this one guy said you were awesome, so I may do this...
Nexchin
Thanks! I didn't knew that either, I was kind of confused with that topic... But we've to keep checking the forums?

Thanks
Vanilla Crazy
Hey, I'm '...' and I think I'll do this thing. I post at forums alot, what's one more?

Although, there may be times, sometimes a week or so, where I won't be capable of posting on these forums. Will I still be able to keep my site up if I click on some banner ads and take some surveys?
Bondings
Vanilla Crazy wrote:
Although, there may be times, sometimes a week or so, where I won't be capable of posting on these forums. Will I still be able to keep my site up if I click on some banner ads and take some surveys?

You don't need to click on banners or fill in any surveys. Just be active from time to time. We measure this by points. You get between 1 and 4 points per post (depending on its length) and 1 point per day is substracted. You need to keep them positive. So you definately should have enough time.
Vanilla Crazy
Ok. I assumed you made your money through advertising, and thought you'd appreciate some extra 5 cents per click.
Bondings
Vanilla Crazy wrote:
Ok. I assumed you made your money through advertising, and thought you'd appreciate some extra 5 cents per click.

It's not fair for the advertisers and without conversions the rates per click go down anyway.

I'll -lock- this thread now as the original question is answered. If you have any other questions, please pose them in either the Frihost support and hosting support forums, this forum is for guests only.