FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamweaver scripting question

chrismen
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I guess so. I like dreamweaver and have been recently using it fo my php editing as well. I was wondering if there is any feature like microsoft word's increase/decrease indent. That would help me organize my coding a lot more. Thanks!
cambridge
use tab, luke;-)
chrismen
Well yes tab would be great if it would work for multiple lines but it does not. Is there not something like ms word's increase/decrease indent?
sonam
In dreamweaver you can create CSS and there you will find differrent options for text formating.

Sonam
chrismen
Thanks but I don't think you guys are understanding what I am talking about. In word there is a button on the top right corner that is called increase indent and once you press it everything you have selected will be increased in indent (i.e. it looks like there is a tab in front of everything). What I curently do to organize my code is click in front of everything and then hit tab. This takes WAY too long and there has to be an easier way to put a tab in front of a lot of lines at once. Same thing for removing a tab.
mathiaus
Higlight the lines you want to indent (click and drag down/up on the left [numbered side] or click one then shift+ctrl to the next line) then click ctrl+shift and either < or > depending on the direction to go.
> Indent
< Outdent
Or you can highlight the lines, right click them -> Selection -> Indent/Outdent
chrismen
mathiaus wrote:
Higlight the lines you want to indent (click and drag down/up on the left [numbered side] or click one then shift+ctrl to the next line) then click ctrl+shift and either < or > depending on the direction to go.
> Indent
< Outdent
Or you can highlight the lines, right click them -> Selection -> Indent/Outdent

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you SO much!!!