FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to optimize my images for Google images

drag0n
How can i optimize my images so they get better results on Google images search? Some useful advice or links?
LukeakaDanish
drag0n wrote:
How can i optimize my images so they get better results on Google images search? Some useful advice or links?

Short answer: You cant!

however: make sure you have alt tags - that could make a difference.

Longer answer:

Google images sucks.

Whereas google websearch has indexed 19 billions pages when i search for common file extensions:
Quote:
.html OR .htm OR .php OR .php3 OR .asp OR .pdf OR .txt OR.aspx

...google images only finds 20.9 million pictures, when searching for common image filenames:
Quote:
.html OR .htm OR .php OR .php3 OR .asp OR .pdf OR .txt OR.aspx

...therefor the chances of it finding your images are close to 0. (sorry Brick wall)
manumiglani
Name your image similar to your keywords and place a '-' for spaces. place your keywords in image alt text. The images that are linked are less likely to be found on image search results.
swizzy
google indexes with the following specs ALT name, size dimensions etc

avoid large wallpapers, specify dimensions in ALT name and try keywords
redice
I have lots of my personal photo (More than 250M which google provide). These files are JPEG format, its all large in size (1280x1024). I want to resize the photo to small size, eg: 1024x768 and rise the JPEG compress leve. Is there any tools easy to do this?
LukeakaDanish
The GIMP (with which you can view previews of images whilst saving - thereby judging the effect of the compression,

OR

Irfan View, with which you can do batch conversions - ie change the dimensions/quality of all your images at once.

Maybe you could use a combination...anyway...they're both free so give'em a go Smile
loosu
People , i have something to share .

Initially i had , www.Rani-Mukharji.com as my website with lots of rani mukherjee photos .
They never got indexed into google images .

THen slowly ,

i used nice urls , nice image names along with nice content wrapped around .
i think the urls form the main location hold .

Think was useful . please try .
mustaq
only to optimise the image by using proper alt tag and description if you dont use it it will show html error , error can make bot to return in return you get half spindered and dont forget to place robots.txt
andgu
I would like to add that Google also will factor in text surrending the image, ie adding a some descriptive text bellow the image will probably help.
manumiglani
andgu wrote:
I would like to add that Google also will factor in text surrending the image, ie adding a some descriptive text bellow the image will probably help.

You are right. Text around the image certainly helps if it contains your keywords.
manumiglani
here is a great article you guys might be interested in http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3624327