FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fallout

drag0n
Fallout is a computer role-playing game produced by Tim Cain and published by Interplay in 1997. Although set in the late 22nd century, its story and artwork are heavily influenced by the post-World War II nuclear paranoia of the 1950s. The game is sometimes considered to be an unofficial sequel to Wasteland, but it could not use that title as Electronic Arts held the rights to it, and, except for minor references, the games are set in separate universes. It was also intended to use Steve Jackson Games's GURPS system, but for unknown reasons, that deal fell through.

Fallout was one of the first RPG-s I ever played. Well it was Fallout 2 but still Fallout Wink I kept playing and playing it... diferent charcaters, diferent stories... low requirements Wink

Do you play Fallout? Did you ever play 'Iron Man Fallout' ? Write and enjoy Wink
SilverDogg
i played and finished fallout. darn good game!
i played, but have not finished fallout 2. still a fscking great game!
i have played fallout tactics or whatever the name is, and that is pretty lame. didnt like it at all.

hopefully, fallout 3 will be sweeeeeeet!

however, wth is iron man fallout? doesnt ring a bell at all O_O
drag0n
Iron Man refers to playing with no saving, you can only save if you go to sleep or something. When you die you start playing again from scratch Wink

And yes, Fallout Tactics was pretty lame, no tactics there...
SilverDogg
oooh, you mean hardcore =D
havent done that, i dont think i will either ^^
im not THAT good with the games ;D
photographerguy
I loved Wasteland.

Never got around to trying Fallout, was it as good?

Wow, memories, I remember playing this on an EGA 16-color monitor with a computer that was decent (for the time period) but nothing by todays technologies. I was in my early teens and wish I could remember the specs on my parents computer at that time.

Don't give me illegal links, but is this abandonware or floating around somewhere to download (without breaking any law/copyright)?
drag0n
it's abandonware, and it can be found basicly everywhere, try http://www.abandonia.com
Ghengis
Wasteland was fantastic -- pretty much my first taste of CRPGs. Fallout was a worthy followup. I had basically a little Fallout shrine (OK, a few posters and the boxes) in my college dorm. Obscure but fun: find the Fallout mod for the first Half-Life, and you can play deathmatch games set in the Fallout universe, with fairly involved weaponry taken from the first two games. I really enjoyed it -- not sure it's still played by anybody, but could be fun at a LAN party.
agente_naranja
Back to the times when i played fallout, my computer has like 3Gb (or even less) of capacity and was a 333Mhz CPU.
How do things change! And im still loving this game, i mean in this game you can actually do anything you want, kill, pickpocket anibody, be the bad guy, anything!
And yeah, i have to agree: Tactics was a lame. When i first played Fallout, I hated the Brotherhood, and then in Tactics i have to work for 'em!! No way!!
darth_revan
Fallout.... After i say that Diablo is hack'n slash, not RPG, they ask what RPG is, and i just say FALLOUT!

It is a shame that fallout3 will be 3d. It'd be like oblivion (Bethesda, creators of The Elder Scrools series are designing this game, it wouldn't be strange if there are similarities between TES games and Fallout3). But fallout's magic is going to be spoiled! When i kill my foe from far away, hitting the eyes with a critical shot, i see the person dividing into many parts. But that animation is not detailed. That's why Fallout is good.

Fallout made me create a wasteland in my brain. Things occur in my brain, not in game. When I make someone angry, the game doesnt say -he gets angry-, i see him/her getting angry in my brain. Fallout makes us think. But if it was 3d, what would we think? We can see everything. There is going to be ONE wasteland in Fallout3. But in fallout 1 and 2, everyone has their own wastelands lying within their brains, their thoughts, their lifes...

Fallout is good, fallout is the way...
Ghengis
I wouldn't rush to judgement just 'cause it's 3D. See Zelda and Metroid for 2D that went 3D without losing its "magic".

That said, when Fallout 2 came out, there was a lot of discussion about what a hypothetical 3 would be like, and I was among those worried that they'd ruin it. I'm hoping for something like BioShock -- if you haven't looked at TGS trailers on the internet, try to find the ~15 minute one of the guys introducing BioShock (from some of the same people that brought out the inimitable System Shock). If Fallout 3 is like what BioShock looks like, I'll be *ecstatic*.
SilverDogg
where can i find more info about fallout 3? are there any pics of it yet?
traxion
SilverDogg wrote:
where can i find more info about fallout 3? are there any pics of it yet?

all the info u can find here
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=fallout++3&btnG=Google+zoeken&meta=
SilverDogg
hmm

i followed that link, and read up a bit at gamespot, and according to them its been cancelled =/.

its been picked up again since?
darth_revan
"After being canceled at Interplay, this sequel to the cult post-apocalyptic role-playing game was resurrected by Bethesda, where it is currently in development."

Bethesta, creators of The Elder Scrolls series (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion), is developing the game currently. I hope they dont change the dialogue system in Fallout3. Morrowind's dialogues suck! They were monologue! But in Fallout, according to your character's Int, you can see different types of speeches, and... I can't explain it, dialogues make Fallout. And without dialogues, there is no fallout

(there is no spoon Razz )
SilverDogg
darth_revan wrote:
"After being canceled at Interplay, this sequel to the cult post-apocalyptic role-playing game was resurrected by Bethesda, where it is currently in development."

Bethesta, creators of The Elder Scrolls series (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion), is developing the game currently. I hope they dont change the dialogue system in Fallout3. Morrowind's dialogues suck! They were monologue! But in Fallout, according to your character's Int, you can see different types of speeches, and... I can't explain it, dialogues make Fallout. And without dialogues, there is no fallout

(there is no spoon Razz )

ah ok. was a bit worried there ^^;.
hope they dont ****** this up >_>
achowles
I've actually just bought the trilogy for a couple of quid. I haven't had the time to really start playing them, but so far they're living up to my expectations. Very nice, imaginative intros too.