FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

broken harts

blue77
I think sometimes people fail to take love seriously just because they may be in a relationship with someone, fallen out of love with them and not realised it, or they have been single for so long that they have forgotten what it feels like to find that special someone.

What I want to know is, which of you have ever loved and lost someone you truly would have done anything for, what did it feel like to have your heart broken and how did you get over it?
true_friend
Thank God.
i did not experienced yet such a horrible thing.
Stlstg
Quote:
what did it feel like to have your heart broken and how did you get over it?

Stick a spoon in your chest and then twist it around a few times. Once that stops hurting, remove the spoon and dump in a liberal amount of salt. Once you can see again, cover yourself in gasoline and light a match.

Yep, I think that about sums it up. Laughing
askchris
This has happened to me recently and am just getting over things. I had my heart broken by the mother of my child. It really felt like I could not eat for about a week, all I wanted to do was comfort eat, chocolate, snacks and felt like massive revenge attacks just to make myself feel better. Although I saw reason in the end and realised that revenge gets you nowhere apart from a little cheap self satisfaction.

All in all it is probably one of the worst experiences I have had in my life and am still getting over this weeks on. It will probably take months.
Vrythramax
My wife passed away recently, she was the most important thing in my life. I was/am still heartbroken over it, and I don't think the hurt will ever go away.
kcthomas44
My X ended up sleeping with a guy on a random night, and totaly supprised me by not being faithful, and it broke my heart. I was in hard core depression for a few weeks, and thought I would never be able to get over it. I thought my life was pointless and it would be better to be dead (although I did not act upon this beliefe). I knew I had to get over her somehow, and as hard as it was, I cut her out of my life for good. I deleted her phone number and didn't look at any pictures of her. Not having her in my life for about a month and a half now has helped alot, and I don't even think about her but for a few moments out of the day anymore. When I do things that we used to do together, it's still hard and I remember how much fun it was, but I know I will eventually do all those things with someone else one day and I will look back on this terrible experiance as a time of growth and learning.
Vrythramax
@kcthomas44

Glad you didn't act on your suicide thoughts, she would not have only broken your heart but stole your life as well. Things do get easier, but it takes time.

Happy your still with us Smile

BTW...Living well is the best revenge for this kind of thing...show her what she could have had if she had been faithful Wink
Mrs_Robota
i fall in love of a man by internet, in the past i make many jokes and laught a lot about it, because i thought was lie, but despiste i never was searching, it happened, i really was loving him too much, and he said that love me too, but now, we lost the contact, I think was false love, anyway i have my heart broken, and I think i never will love again, love is only for stupid people.
Vrythramax
Mrs_Robota wrote:
i fall in love of a man by internet, in the past i make many jokes and laught a lot about it, because i thought was lie, but despiste i never was searching, it happened, i really was loving him too much, and he said that love me too, but now, we lost the contact, I think was false love, anyway i have my heart broken, and I think i never will love again, love is only for stupid people.

I am sorry for your loss, but I don't think what you were experiencing was real love but more infatuation. True love does indeed exist and it will find you even when your not really looking for it.

I honestly hope it finds you. Love is not just for stupid people, but it will make us do some pretty dumb things if we are not careful.
JoeFriday
Vrythramax wrote:
My wife passed away recently, she was the most important thing in my life. I was/am still heartbroken over it, and I don't think the hurt will ever go away.

my condolences on your loss, Max

I can't imagine losing someone when you're both still very much in love

my story isn't tragic like that.. I was a sophomore in college and fell madly in love with a girl about my age.. she was the epitome of 'drop dead gorgeous'.. whenever she was in a room, all the men would turn and watch her.. and she had quite a playful spirit to go along with her looks

unfortunately, she also was so used to the attention from many men that apparently dating me wasn't enough for her.. she broke up with me after 4 months, giving no particular reason.. I lost about 10 pounds in the next two weeks because food turned to ash in my mouth.. I ate maybe two actual meals in that time.. a few dormmates were so concerned about me that they took me out drinking one night.. and these were guys that had never been in a bar before in their life

it probably took me 6 months to start feeling reasonably normal again.. but it was years later that I could finally hear her name and not wince in pain

it has now been over a decade since, and I can barely remember what she looked like.. and I think about how she commanded the attention of every male within 100 yards, and I'm so glad not to be in that situation any more

my fiance now is 10 times the woman that she was, and while I might not have the emotional ecstacy that came from being 19 and madly in love, I'm much happier and more secure now than I ever was
Vrythramax
@ JoeFriday

Thank you for you sentiments. I know exactly what you felt during that time....I am afraid I am experiaencing them now. I have not made it public until now, but I lost my wife and 6 year old daughter to a drunk driver not 2 months ago. There are time when I feel the pain and loss will never stop. All I can say is to anyone who cares to read this is that true love does exist, and having tasted it even once....you will know it's true, and you won't want to let it go. You will cry and rail against the wind, but you will also wish for it to happen to you again. It's not just for for fools as some have said. Anyone who says something like that is bitter over the loss of someone they may have been in love with. Anger and loss are just as passionate as true love, they only seek differant forms of release.

I am alive today because I know I would have done my wife and daughter an injustice to end everything. I live, and I hope to love again. I will never stop loving my family, but I pray for love. Love can either fill your heart, or empty your soul....but I for one wish to experience it again.

Rest well my loved ones...you will always live within me.
Mrs_Robota
Dear Vrythramax thanks a lot for what you said me, and I feel really sorry for what happened to you, I think my english is not enough for say what i would like but I hope live bring to us better times, my sincere condolences.
Vrythramax
Mrs_Robota wrote:
Dear Vrythramax thanks a lot for what you said me, and I feel really sorry for what happened to you, I think my english is not enough for say what i would like but I hope live bring to us better times, my sincere condolences.

Life will treat us as it will, it is what we make of it that makes it worth living. If my loss would help you to see that love exists, then in a (very) small way my girls helped you, and I know tht's what they would have tried to do in life. Please don't close your heart, the future holds pleasure, and sometimes pain for us, but we must experience these things as a part of life.

I honestly wish you only the best, and if you need a friendly ear, PM me.
JoeFriday
yes, true love definitely exists.. the key to finding it is to be open to it when it comes

and hang in there, Max.. embrace the hurt instead of avoiding it.. that will lessen the pain over time.. when I'm emotionally battered, I have a drink and put some lounge music on the stereo.. Etta James, Diana Krall, Sinatra.. it might take a few days, but I eventually feel better

just remember to take a shower and brush your teeth once in a while Wink
Vrythramax
JoeFriday wrote:
...just remember to take a shower and brush your teeth once in a while Wink

BWAHAHHAHAHAA! Thanks for the laugh JF, your too cool to rule!
bluefossil
if you take life or love to seriously, you will die early. live and be free
molif
we all fall one day, just need to pick ourselves up again when we do. don't do anything that will make our family and loved ones more worried for us. even if you lost someone through death, you have others around for you. my condolences though... Smile