FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Heroes

sonicj
I half expected to find a topic posted on this already. The show premiered last night. I missed the first 20 minutes of it but what i caught was very interesting. Fortunately for me it airs again tonight. Did anyone else catch it? What are your thoughts?
Osprey
I was hoping it was going to be a bit more subtle, like "Unbreakable". It is moving a bit too fast for my liking (them getting their powers so quickly), but it was only the first show so I'm going to stick with it a while and see where it ends up.
gr3gg3r
I can't believe I missed the premiere. I've been quite intrigued about this idea for a show and wanted to see how it would play out.

Looks like I'll have to catch the next episode whenever it comes on. I'm looking forward to it.
jenice
I rather liked it. I think I'll have to watch more episodes to get the full effect, but yeah.

I liked the way the characters interconnect throughout the development of their powers. I didn't necessarily think they weren't subtle enough, so I don't agree there. The way they're showing their powers worked well for me.

What I didn't like was that I feel like I sat down to watch it in the middle of it. I was quite lost at the beginning. Then again, that quite hooked me that I watched it avidly so I could pick up all the clues I needed to understand what was happening.

Overall, I'm rather looking forward to the next episode.
HoboPelican
Osprey wrote:
... It is moving a bit too fast for my liking (them getting their powers so quickly),...

I guess I was glad to see that things moved along quickly...I was afraid they might go the "lost" route and not move at all! Wink

In general, I thought it was a good opening episode. Definitely gonna keep up with it for a while. I need something to replace "Surface" and "Invasion". And I will not watch one more episode of "Lost". That show just makes me want to throttle every survivor on that island...Dumb, dumb, dumb.
talonsmallville
Hi Peolpe,

Here Brazil, this show is inedited yet - but I take the first episode on internet.

I liked - this kind of subjects are my favorites.

I hear that USA Br will take this show for us (Brazilians).
Nigeria
Why would they show someone with those kinda powers this show is not meant to be like spiderman or superman.

The show is great just the way it is in my opinon. I can't wait to see the new episode tonight. I know it will be amazing!!
snowboardalliance
My dad and brother started watching it, I'll probably start with our DVR copies of the first episodes and might watch the show.
sonicj
well here we are at the end of episode 3...you guys still watching?

to answer another posters speculation...yes there is a bad guy. as a matter of fact some of what he has done is a bit too graphic for my taste, reminiscent of silence of the lamb.

anyway i am still here watching, cliff hangers always keep me watching.
VidE
I'm enjoying it also. An interesting mix of graphic novel sensibility, sci-fi & drama. i like the japanese character as comic relief. It's elements are occasionally jarring, the cheerleader's last scene was certainly something...

I'm really looking forward to how it develops...
jenice
Still watching and enjoying the show. I think my favorite by far is the Japanese guy. He just cracks me up.
sonicj
jenice wrote:
Still watching and enjoying the show. I think my favorite by far is the Japanese guy. He just cracks me up.

Last nights ending was very cool with the Japanese guy.
Osprey
Yeah I'm still watching, it's getting better every episode! Does anyone remember what picture Peter Petrelli drew that came true? I don't remember this at all... perhaps something in a notebook?
jenice
sonicj wrote:
jenice wrote:

Last nights ending was very cool with the Japanese guy.

Man, that was cool. Such a flip from what he came in as. I can't wait to see how he got to that point.
sonicj
Osprey wrote:
Yeah I'm still watching, it's getting better every episode! Does anyone remember what picture Peter Petrelli drew that came true? I don't remember this at all... perhaps something in a notebook?

I was trying to remember that as well...I must have missed that. It seems his powers will be similar to Rogue's from x-men.
zanzou
I'm so glad this has been posted. :D I'm so in love with this show. *bounce*

Does anybody else find them not liking Peter? I liked him better this last episode, but before last Monday, I was really starting to get pissed off by him, but people on the internet (re: lj) seem to be in love with him. D:
sonicj
Yeah kinda hard thinking of him as a hero...pretty self-centered. He would have been kicked off of the first episode of "who wants to be a super-hero" Razz
zanzou
Osprey wrote:

He drew stick figures of either himself or his brother flying... it was pretty sad.
VidE
Petrelli seems hard to nail down because he absorbs eveybody else's talents and seems to chage a bit accordingly.

I like the fact that his brother is such a jerk...
zanzou
VidE wrote:
Petrelli seems hard to nail down because he absorbs eveybody else's talents and seems to chage a bit accordingly.

I like the fact that his brother is such a jerk...

He's an empath type thing-- like Rogue in the X-Men, he absorbs powers, but by mere presence instead of by touch.

I loved Nathan in episode 5. XD
Indyan
The previous episode was definitely the best so far. And you gotta love Hiro Laughing .
deStructuralized
The stick figure picture Peter drew depicted himself walking on air and his brother standing nearby. It was a prediction of the scene where they're both standing on the roof, arguing.

zanzou wrote:
Does anybody else find them not liking Peter? I liked him better this last episode, but before last Monday, I was really starting to get pissed off by him, but people on the internet (re: lj) seem to be in love with him. D:

Are you sure you don't mean Nathan? What don't you like about Peter? I think he's the most mature character on the show thus far, and his story arc is the most interesting since he's now met Isaac, Suresh, and Hiro...3 other protagonists.

Nathan (the politician) is plain selfish and doesn't seem to have any set of moral principles though. He's probably my least favorite character at this point.

zanzou wrote:
He's an empath type thing-- like Rogue in the X-Men, he absorbs powers, but by mere presence instead of by touch.

Peter isn't quite like Rogue in that he doesn't drain powers; he simply copies them...I liken him more to a mutant named Mimic from the original X-Men comic. He would adopt the perfected powers of nearby mutants, so if he was around Cyclops he'd be able to shoot eyebeams, but unlike Cyc he'd actually be able to control their activation. Similarly, Peter seems able to see the future without taking drugs, unlike Isaac. So he'll be pretty powerful around other heroes, but probably a bit useless without them.

I'm kind of wondering if Simone is going to develop any powers or if she'll just be there to perpetuate the love triangle...also, the little girl probably has powers of some sort if Sylar is trying to kill her off. I still have no idea how the cheerleader's father fits into the equation.
Osprey
I have a feeling that the girl hanging out with Mohinder Suresh is working for the other side. She just showed up at a coincidental time, and hangs around too much. She creeps me out.

Also I think Micah, Niki's kid, is going to have some powers, perhaps like his fathers. He seems to have an intuition about things, like knowing what his mother is up to without even seeing her.

All in all, this is the best new show on TV this year... hope it lasts.
zanzou
deStructuralized wrote:

Are you sure you don't mean Nathan? What don't you like about Peter? I think he's the most mature character on the show thus far, and his story arc is the most interesting since he's now met Isaac, Suresh, and Hiro...3 other protagonists.

Nathan (the politician) is plain selfish and doesn't seem to have any set of moral principles though. He's probably my least favorite character at this point.

Nope, I meant Peter-- I find his character really unengaging, I find that before the last episode, he did nothing but whine about his powers/lack of them to his brother (/anyone who would listen), and when faced with an inability to prove himself, he just went back to saying "it's the truth, it's the truth" without backing it up at all.

I also found his relationship with Simone to be suuuuper annoying.... but that was mostly because I really, really don't like Simone.

And while Peter has encountered 3 of the protagonists, and I think he's an important character, doesn't mean I LIKE him. He really doesn't seem to have a story beyond "convince people I have powers/that powers are real". All of the other characters have REAL plot lines-- save the world, Claire's mysterious family/save the cheerleader, solve the riddle, become a congressman, be safe from mob/crazy husband.... everyone but him is actively doing something. :/ It just drives me crazy-- until the latest episode, where he FINALLY got off his ass to contribute.

Anyway. Going off of Peter.... Nathan I find to be getting more awesome. He reminds me of season1 Sawyer from Lost-- a jerk, but one who you grow to love anyway. Nathan is very focused, but deals well with stressful situations-- he's got a great sense of humour, and knows how to work what happens to him to his advantage. He may not be NICE, but he's cool. :D

For me, my least liked character would have to be Simone, followed by Peter unless he keeps on getting better. (One can hope.)

deStructuralized wrote:
zanzou wrote:

Peter isn't quite like Rogue in that he doesn't drain powers; he simply copies them...I liken him more to a mutant named Mimic from the original X-Men comic. He would adopt the perfected powers of nearby mutants, so if he was around Cyclops he'd be able to shoot eyebeams, but unlike Cyc he'd actually be able to control their activation. Similarly, Peter seems able to see the future without taking drugs, unlike Isaac. So he'll be pretty powerful around other heroes, but probably a bit useless without them.

I disagree-- I'd say Peter actually steals the powers, rather than mimicing them-- when he was trying to fly and his brother caught him, Nathan lost the ability temporarily (which is what caused them to fall). As we've seen, Nathan has excellent control over his flight... the only thing likely to throw him off to that extent was the fact that it was cutting in and out as Nathan stole it.
deStructuralized
zanzou wrote:
I find that before the last episode, he did nothing but whine about his powers/lack of them to his brother (/anyone who would listen), and when faced with an inability to prove himself, he just went back to saying "it's the truth, it's the truth" without backing it up at all.

lol I guess, but I mean...

He's his brother. Family's supposed to be there for eachother; I don't find Peter's attempts to find a confidant in Nathan to be unnatural.

If I had superpowers and told somebody I'm sure they wouldn't believe me. And you have to admit it must be kind of difficult to prove or "back up" your having powers when you need other people around you with powers before you can do anything. He took the initiative to prove his powers existed to Suresh when he took him to visit Isaac, Isaac just happened to be high at the time.

Quote:
He really doesn't seem to have a story beyond "convince people I have powers/that powers are real". All of the other characters have REAL plot lines-- save the world, Claire's mysterious family/save the cheerleader, solve the riddle, become a congressman, be safe from mob/crazy husband.... everyone but him is actively doing something. :/ It just drives me crazy-- until the latest episode, where he FINALLY got off his ****** to contribute.

Well, we've got differing opinions and I respect that. Personally, though, I think "Gotta win the election! Shut up, don't care what's going on with your life! Win the election! Mmm, sex! Election!" is a much more one-dimensional storyline Laughing

Isaac, Hiro, and Peter are the only 3 protagonists that are "contributing" toward fixing the problem at this point in time. Nathan could care less, Claire is busy being a sad teenager, the cop's trying to fix his marriage, and Niki's been trying to get out of debt.

Quote:
He reminds me of season1 Sawyer from Lost-- a jerk, but one who you grow to love anyway. Nathan is very focused, but deals well with stressful situations-- he's got a great sense of humour, and knows how to work what happens to him to his advantage. He may not be NICE, but he's cool. Very Happy

He most definitely knows how to work things to his advantage, but I don't really see any redeeming qualities in him beyond that. He cheats on his wife and betrays his brother for political ends. He's ready to lie to the public for the sake of boosting the polls, and we never even get an understanding of what his stances on political issues might be. To top it off, he's very open about accepting bribe money.

Quote:
For me, my least liked character would have to be Simone

Yeah she's pretty useless, lol

Quote:
I disagree-- I'd say Peter actually steals the powers, rather than mimicing them-- when he was trying to fly and his brother caught him, Nathan lost the ability temporarily (which is what caused them to fall). As we've seen, Nathan has excellent control over his flight... the only thing likely to throw him off to that extent was the fact that it was cutting in and out as Nathan stole it.

Nah, I attribute that to bad grip. If you look at the clip, Nathan didn't fall, he kept on floating/flying. He might be able to fly really well, but holding up a person of your weight with one arm midair is an issue of finger/forearm strength, not flight. Both their fingers slipped.

Besides--I'd say Peter was able to keep moving in the frozen train because he absorbed the ability to move through altered space/time fabric from Hiro. If he'd stolen the ability instead, Hiro would've been stuck in suspended animation.

New episode today!
Eyre
I love this show so much. I didn't think it was that great the first time i saw it, but it's grown on me Very Happy
VidE
Seems to me that Peter's lack of confidence/seeming formlessness is part of the story line. Peter has always been living in his older brother's shadow and in that 'hero's journey' thing something tells me Peter's big scene will include walking out of his brother's shadow by opposing him, teaching him about morals/ethics, etc.

I like Hiro too, he's the 'every-man/geek that exists inside so many sc-fi fans. It was good to see the cheerleader apologize for her role in the auto accident. She's been tough, self-centered, typically teenaged, heroic and her experimental 'suicide' attempts make her one of the most varied and interesting characters in the show
deStructuralized
I didn't really like this last episode. We find out who the person attacking the cheerleader is, but...

**spoiler spoiler spoiler**

...frankly, Niki just doesn't impress me very much. OOH, YOU'RE SCHIZOPHRENIC! GREAT POWER! I think the main problem I have with her is the fact that her main self is willing to follow her aggressive self without even putting up a fight.

I'd like to see what her motivation is for killing off the cheerleader, and how that ends up causing the missile to launch.
zanzou
deStructuralized wrote:
I didn't really like this last episode. We find out who the person attacking the cheerleader is, but...

When did we find out who killed Claire? *payed no attention, apparently* >_>

::POSSIBLE SPOILERS???:::

I really agree, though.... Niki so didn't do it for me this episode. I'd been totally liking her, too. D:

::No more spoilers????:::

Who else keeps loving on Claire's Dad? He's so evil... yet so good at being evil! And also, protective!! It's good times, let me say that. :D
deStructuralized
Well, this is all speculation on my part...we weren't told outright, but the signs point towards...
Niki. We find out that Niki was the one who betrayed and killed DL's crew, and she's killed 7+ people since his incarceration. In addition, she's agreed to submit to her darker half from this point forward.

The biggest clue, imo, is we see a short scene of Isaac finishing what appears to be (again, speculation) the final panel of the giant "comic" foretelling the cheerleader's death. The woman in the painting is Niki, with a pretty wicked smile on her face.

I'm kind of torn over Claire's dad. He's got some redeeming qualities (like how he dealt with Brody) so I like him to a certain extent, but he also seems manipulative as hell. I'm gonna have to wait and see what the intent is behind all of his involvement.
zanzou
deStructuralized wrote:
Well, this is all speculation on my part...we weren't told outright, but the signs point towards...
Niki. We find out that Niki was the one who betrayed and killed DL's crew, and she's killed 7+ people since his incarceration. In addition, she's agreed to submit to her darker half from this point forward.

The biggest clue, imo, is we see a short scene of Isaac finishing what appears to be (again, speculation) the final panel of the giant "comic" foretelling the cheerleader's death. The woman in the painting is Niki, with a pretty wicked smile on her face.

I'm kind of torn over Claire's dad. He's got some redeeming qualities (like how he dealt with Brody) so I like him to a certain extent, but he also seems manipulative as hell. I'm gonna have to wait and see what the intent is behind all of his involvement.

I'd have to disagree with you-- I'd say the last panel was more of a death scene for Niki, because she was bleeding out of her nose at the time.... I'm not even sure it was from the same sequence... I have to check back for that. I got the feeling, instead, that it was more of a 'what was happening to Niki right then' thing. (Because of the nosebleed, and the fact that I was seeing the picture of her as her being on the floor.)

No matter who's right though, I'm really excited. :] Fun stuff
Karrde
Seen the first four eps of this series and yeah, I'm loving it. Captured my interest much more than Jericho did in its first ep.

Looking forward to see how it progresses - fingers crossed that it doesn't get canned like most other great shows (*cough* FIREFLY *cough).
ryanh2006
Hey guys. Heroes kicks a$$ plain and simple!! I was blown away with the pilot. I went in with low expectations thinking that it was going to be a lame version of X-Men or a cheesy TV series like Mutant-X! I was blown away with the writing and cast. I love how all the bits and pieces are coming together. In fact in this regard, as well as the fact that it has an actor who isn't good in English! and not to mention a Sayid wannabe!!, it is similar to Lost. I can't wait to see what happens in the future, and how they are going to take this show. Also I wonder why the pilot had Volume 1 listed in the beginning. Will each volume be a season ?
Indyan
Ausiello says that 2oth Nov, will be the big episode : "Save the cheerleader".

Btw, I find the slogan they are using Save the cheerleader, Save the world lame.
deStructuralized
^
I agree, it's a bit corny

Aside from this last episode and that "slogan" in general though, I really like the series.

I just hope they start picking things up a bit in speed.
sonicj
Is it just me, or have they started showing more commercials during this show? I swear, I sit down and 1 minute later it is a commercial.... was driving me mad last night.
Indyan
Its just you. I live in India. Here heroes is not aired, so I get it off the net. I can vouch that the total length of all episodes (apart from e1) is almost same (42mins).

I found this episode a bit dissapointing though. Thats because I see the show mainly becoz of Hiro. This time he didn really have a significant role.
sonicj
Sure he did...he saved 2 people from death. But I know what you mean. That is the problem when you have so many characters and each is in need of exploration. I noticed the Indian guy(forget his name) was absent completely from this episode. I thought that strange, since it seems he will be the one to pull them together at least via being able to explain to them why they are all different.
Indyan
[quote="sonicj" I noticed the Indian guy(forget his name) was absent completely from this episode. I thought that strange, since it seems he will be the one to pull them together at least via being able to explain to them why they are all different.[/quote]
His name is Mohinder Suresh.
Btw, they got his name wrong. AFAIK both Mohinder and Suresh are first names. So technically I think putting Suresh as last name is a mistake.
His fathers name is Chandra Suresh. Rather, Chandra is a fairly common last name (and sometimes used as first name too).

sonicj wrote:
Sure he did...he saved 2 people from death.

Yup. And that was the best scene of the episode. Hiro poking his fingers into the tyre
sonicj
[quote="Indyan"]
His name is Mohinder Suresh.
Btw, they got his name wrong. AFAIK both Mohinder and Suresh are first names. So technically I think putting Suresh as last name is a mistake.
His fathers name is Chandra Suresh. Rather, Chandra is a fairly common last name (and sometimes used as first name too).

/quote]

That is interesting...in the old days of movies you would see a gun that shoots six bullets shooting non-stop. In todays world you would think they would have better fact checkers in place.
driftingfe3s
I'm liking Heroes as well. My friend told me about it about 5 episodes in and from his description I thought it would be stupid. After watching the first episode, I was hooked. The storyline is quite interesting and was very compelling. Too bad some of the effects look lame.

My favorite character has got to be Hiro, he's so damn funny.
jenice
I'm rather torn about Nikki at the moment. She seems less of a Hero and more of a villain. I suppose it's her darker side that bothers me the most.

I had the Cheerleader's dad pegged as a bad guy from the start, but now I'm not so sure. Some of what he does involving his daughter makes me wonder what's really going on with him. I guess I'm just wondering what his agenda truly is in all this.
Jayfarer
I really want to see this show.

But It's 7 episodes in and i'll be lost. That's the problem with all these great, continuity-heavy shows. I have to wait for them to go on DVD before I can get into it.
SGbilder
i love heroes!
i love the idea behind it... though it might at times remind me too much of the X-Men(the wole special powers based on genetic mutation) but it shows it from a completly different angle. in other superheroes you often see the heroes in full control of their power from the beginning or almost directly. in this show on the other hand you see the heroes struggle with their power and not always getting it right... it is a interresting viewpoint.
i hope it continues to air and that it keeps up the great work. waiting for the next episode!
VidE
Obviously, in a series like this with an overall story arc, different episodes are going to have different purposes. Early ones will have more character exposition, later ones will move the plot forward by answering questions then throwing in a few new questions to keep us going.

Heroes has done a pretty good job of mixing these attributes in each episode as well as mixing/balancing the characters. But I do expect some episodes, especially in the middle of the arc, to be less exciting/fun and more confusing than the ones at the very beginning and the ones at the end of the series. But overall, this is continuing to be a fun ride.

Nikki's whole family, including her ex and her son, big question mark. And the cheerleaders' father and the girl who befriended the Indian Geneticists' son and has now moved on to new friendships ... Some episodes jsut like to leave lots of threads dangling, uncomfortably.
Osprey
Jayfarer wrote:
I really want to see this show.

But It's 7 episodes in and i'll be lost. That's the problem with all these great, continuity-heavy shows. I have to wait for them to go on DVD before I can get into it.

I know someone who started watching it just last week, he said there is a video on the website that gets you up to date. He just had a few questions for me but other than that he was good to go and really liked it. I'm sure it will help to go back later and watch the DVDs.

I can't wait for this show every week, just one more day to the next episode!
sonicj
Interesting episode...will hiro be able to save the waitress? and her ability is interesting...not your typical super hero power. Next episode the cheerleader is saved...
simenstene
sonicj wrote:
I half expected to find a topic posted on this already. The show premiered last night. I missed the first 20 minutes of it but what i caught was very interesting. Fortunately for me it airs again tonight. Did anyone else catch it? What are your thoughts?

I Think Heroes is bad
Keran
I luv the show, but i hate one thing about most of this kind of shows. Why the hell half of these people think that their "gift" is some "Curse" and will only do them bad.
Hiro Nakamura(or whatever his name was) is the best character out there cause he can atleast enjoy the "Gift" he has and not question it...
sonicj
So was the world saved?
Scaramanga
sonicj wrote:
So was the world saved?

No.... they JUST saved the cheerleader. Remember, the nuclear dude is still out there and he's the one that's going to be the risk I think.

Although let me just say this: I think after the end of this most recent episode, it's pretty obvious IMO that Claire's dad isn't necessarily a good guy (why else does he have them keep Sylar ALIVE?) Bad people still have people they care about and may want to protect (in his case Claire,) that doesn't make them any less bad or manipulative.

I AM interested to see how Peter's going to get out of this one. Of course if the cops test his clothes they'll find that ALL the blood on him is his own and not the dead cheerleader's.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the waitress is dead for good? I don't think Hiro's going to be able to save her.
zanzou
Because I had a test today, I just saw Monday's episode now...... I was SO into it.

I thought the last few episodes hadn't been as good, but this one more than made up for it.

Peter? Totally liking him. Liking even Simone more, hah. Girl whose name I don't remember + black guy working for Mr. Bennet? Totally awesome. Compulsion Powers FTW. XD

Having Sylar in their custory... with Issaac... aaaaah, I have so much love.

One of the best things about it is that they resolved the StCStW plot line within 9 episodes.... and wrapping up trailing plots threads is AWESOME (also, where Lost went wrong).

Anyway. I'm done. Just very excited. :D
VidE
Now that they have "Saved the cheerleader to save the World", can they come up with a new tag line for this next dramatic arc that is just as good.

I also like the mix of humor, drama, kindness and meaness, etc. that the characters embody. It's that mix that Spielberg/Lucas were so good at with the Indiana Jones movies.
zanzou
VidE wrote:
Now that they have "Saved the cheerleader to save the World", can they come up with a new tag line for this next dramatic arc that is just as good.

Hmmm, well, I would think so-- especially since not everybody liked that tagline. Managing a tagline that only some people like isn't nearly so hard as one that's universally thought of as awesome. :]
RT Cunningham
Scaramanga wrote:
Although let me just say this: I think after the end of this most recent episode, it's pretty obvious IMO that Claire's dad isn't necessarily a good guy (why else does he have them keep Sylar ALIVE?) Bad people still have people they care about and may want to protect (in his case Claire,) that doesn't make them any less bad or manipulative..

I think you misunderstood. Claire's dad told the girl to "neutralize" and "take out" Sylar. She didn't do that... so she has a different agenda. Her dad is still a questionable figure.

I absolutely love this show. I just hope it doesn't get axed like many good ones do. "Dead Like Me" was canceled just when it was getting good...
sonicj
OK did I miss something before or did they just show for the first time that Sylar gets his powers from those he kills? I imagine he is pretty powerful at this point.
jenice
sonicj wrote:
OK did I miss something before or did they just show for the first time that Sylar gets his powers from those he kills? I imagine he is pretty powerful at this point.

Nope this is the first we see of his powers. I guess they took Hiro's trip back to fit in a couple answer filling flashbacks (for which I'm entirely grateful).

Now onto another tidbit that had me boggling over not noticing before. Did anyone happen to catch that the son stealing husband of the lady with the split personality is none other than Buffy the Vampire Slayer alumni Forrest (from the episodes involving the Initiative)?
Scaramanga
RT Cunningham wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:
Although let me just say this: I think after the end of this most recent episode, it's pretty obvious IMO that Claire's dad isn't necessarily a good guy (why else does he have them keep Sylar ALIVE?) Bad people still have people they care about and may want to protect (in his case Claire,) that doesn't make them any less bad or manipulative..

I think you misunderstood. Claire's dad told the girl to "neutralize" and "take out" Sylar. She didn't do that... so she has a different agenda. Her dad is still a questionable figure.
I don't think the girl is running rogue from Claire's dad, if that's what you're implying. The black dude was there as well, so it seems more like this was their intention. Also "neutralize" is a pretty ambiguous verb.

RT Cunningham wrote:
I absolutely love this show. I just hope it doesn't get axed like many good ones do. "Dead Like Me" was canceled just when it was getting good...

Dead Like Me was already on its second season though when it was cancelled IIRC. Lets hope it doesn't fall victim the same way Wonder Falls did (now THERE was a good, quirky show that was cut down before it even had a chance.) Although I don't think Heroes is in any danger of that happening really. According to NBC: "Heroes delivered NBC's highest 18-49 rating for ANY fall drama debut in FIVE years!"
RT Cunningham
Scaramanga wrote:
Dead Like Me was already on its second season though when it was cancelled IIRC. Lets hope it doesn't fall victim the same way Wonder Falls did (now THERE was a good, quirky show that was cut down before it even had a chance.) Although I don't think Heroes is in any danger of that happening really. According to NBC: "Heroes delivered NBC's highest 18-49 rating for ANY fall drama debut in FIVE years!"

Well, there you are... I never even heard of "Wonder Falls".
malomeat
Hiro had a Sgt. Keroro head on his desk at work.

that's lvl.50 ownage right there.
zanzou
Haitian guy went up about 200% in coolness as soon as he opened his mouth.... I was reminded of Mr. Echo from Lost and when he finally spoke.

I like that the writers haven't gone completely backwards and made Mr. Beckette ttlykool+nice*hearts* or anything like that... his bastardly way of doing things (even if only on the gov't's order) is what makes me love him.

I really wonder if what's wrong with Peter has to do with incomplete healing... though how that would give him (possibly incorrect???) visions of the future I don't know. Perhaps he absorbed Sylar's ability to KEEP powers...?

:D Episode rating A++.
orno
i think he keeps accumulating all these powers from all the other "heroes" he encounters albeit only in little bits and pieces....
i also think that peter is eventually gonna become a bad guy ...dont ask me why, theres just something about his character that seems misplaced...

that being said, i still havent seen yesterdays episode but from what i hear, its an absolute cracker!
zanzou
orno wrote:
i think he keeps accumulating all these powers from all the other "heroes" he encounters albeit only in little bits and pieces....
i also think that peter is eventually gonna become a bad guy ...dont ask me why, theres just something about his character that seems misplaced...

That seems to be what quite a few people think-- I remember when people were convinced that he was Sylar.

Personally, I don't think he's going to turn bad, partially because he's been set up to be one of the main protagonists... it just doesn't seem like something a show would do to that sort of character, especially when they already have dubious Niki/Jessica to work with.
bluefossil
Damn I hate these Winter Hiatuses. Just as the show hooks me I have to wait till January or something for the next episode. anyone know if NBC is gonna do anything to hold us over til the next episode?
Esch
From what I've been hearing this show is awesome! I'm going to download all the episodes that are out and have a Heroes marathon and watch a bunch of them straight.
TheMasterCheaif
I love heroes along with smallvile, The charecter I like the most is the time traviling japenese dude.(i cant remember there names Wink )But the newest suprise that the've unvealed is that the guy who can mimic other peaples powers(peter i think) is the guy who exploads Which the japenese dude finds that new york will expload in the near future and travles back to were he was previously.I think he come to close to the other hero who is like a walking nucluar bomb and he cant control his powers so he exploads.

†TheMaster†
chrismen
^^^ Dude, don't give away spoilers like this. Especially since many people from other countries haven't seen it yet.

About the show though: I love it, then think it's boring, then love it again. The last episode was awesome. Hope it keeps exciting plot lines coming.
mialynavahy
I'm still watching, yes it's getting better every episode, great show...
sonicj
Mondays episode came right back in stride. The more I watch it the more Hiro is becoming my favorite character. I like his sense of doing good and most of all his character is just humorous. You want Nikki to be good, but I just don't see how they can make that happen, unless it is like a hulk kinda of scenario. Anyway good stuff.
zanzou
I love that, in last night's episode, you get Hiro-with-the-dinosaur, which means we won't have a cheesy "Hiro stuck in the time of the Dinos for no reason" episode.

:D Such love.
RT Cunningham
Wow, thanks for the spoiler. Jeeze! I haven't seen it yet.
sonicj
1 hour episode a week...is this enough for you? It drives me mad. There are so many characters with their own stories that you get to see each one about 5 minutes per episode. Maybe it is time for me to stop watching and wait on them to come to dvd. At least then I can watch them all back to back. I imagine if they ever all get together then they can deal with one story at a time. I can think of a lot of junk tv they can take off the air and replace it with more of this Smile
bluecradle
sonicj wrote:
1 hour episode a week...is this enough for you? It drives me mad. There are so many characters with their own stories that you get to see each one about 5 minutes per episode. Maybe it is time for me to stop watching and wait on them to come to dvd. At least then I can watch them all back to back. I imagine if they ever all get together then they can deal with one story at a time. I can think of a lot of junk tv they can take off the air and replace it with more of this Smile

same here i guess, i've watched the latest episode and it seems that i can't wait for next week Shocked , must get it out of my system first then watch it when it reaches episode 24. i'll be watching prison break at the mean time.
RT Cunningham
On TV.com, Heroes is rated as one of the top two television series. I think Smallville was the other one.
sonicj
I must have a small imagination. I was thinking the other day where they could go with this next, and I never imagined they would go with Claire's dad being who he was. This is starting to remind me of Lost in how all the characters are somehow intertwined.

Quote:
On TV.com, Heroes is rated as one of the top two television series. I think Smallville was the other one.

Lost and Battlestar Galactica are the only other 2 that are worthy to be in that list. My personal opinion of course. Smile
squeakypants
Wow, I'm surprised. On another forum I frequent, ZogDog.com, there's a new thread every episode.

I'm admittedly a fan, but it's definitely a weird style. I just like it because someone is finally doing it (a live action super hero show), but the way they go about a lot is kind of disappointing.

For me anyway, it seems like EVERY time they're going to unveil a twist, I figure it out seconds beforehand. It just killed the suspense. A TV show that's going to have twists you make you go "No way!", not "Yup..."

The last episode did catch me offguard at one point. When the British guy pushes Peter off the building and he doesn't fly, but he regenerates. That got me Smile

However, it seems the British guy has dealt with people like that before. Maybe there's an underground group already, and that's why Claire's father's organization is so...organized. Every day the show turns more into X-men Smile
magneto_ms
I just saw a promotional preview of this recently and thought this would be something X-men ish... but they are airing it today over here. Hope to watch it...
RT Cunningham
Ha! I have the episode on my hard drive. I'm just waiting for my son to get done with his college assignment so we both can watch.
deneb.star
Laughing I was just saying on the Favorite series film that Heroes was my favorite, and only then do I think to look out for a thread about it Laughing

Seems like I shouldn't follow this thread as there is spoilers all the time.

One thing that would be nice though is to recapitulate all the powers that the heroes have because with so many characters, it can be difficult and confusing !

By the way, Niki's son has a power. He seems to be able to repair things. We saw him calling from a Out of Order public phone in one of the episode.

As for Peter, it's funny that some people doesn't like him. I think his power is empathy indead. After all, one early tips is the fact that he was a nurse, which is viewed as a empathic job... As for Nathan, even though he doesn't seem very nice, I would say that he is just ambitious and he doesn't appear nice only because he doesn't want to believe in the power things... but when we understand how his father died, it becomes more understandable.
Tom7
heroes is sick, i'm up to episode 9, i've been downloading it.
RT Cunningham
Sick?
Captain Fertile
Not being one to watch a lot of TV these days I haven’t heard of this show but I will keep an eye open for it when it becomes available here because it sound pretty good.
RT Cunningham
It's really good. You won't be disappointed.
Tom7
RT Cunningham wrote:
Sick?
yes, sick, meaning good
RT Cunningham
I'm sorry, I just never heard "sick" substituted for "good". I've heard "phat", but that was in a different lifetime.
zanzou
RT Cunningham wrote:
I'm sorry, I just never heard "sick" substituted for "good". I've heard "phat", but that was in a different lifetime.

I've heard "sick" "ill" "illin'" "phat" "bad" .... Sick I've usually heard in context such as "s/he's got a SICK bod".

On topic, as we obviously are: >_> I'm going to get to watch Monday's episode.... thursday night or later. D: Boo.
Guyon
Did anyone see the license place on Hiro's Father's car? WOW what a great plate! Although word has it that you can not request that plate in real life because it had 3 letter a space and then 4 numbers. Which would turn up in a normal rotation of license place creation.

Not to spoil it for those that have not seen it, but wasn't the actor that piced for Hiro's Father perfect! I thought he was going to be a bad guy! LOL
sonicj
Stan Lee cameo?!?! Did I miss something? Is this tied to Marvel Comics? Don't get me wrong, I love Stan Lee but had no idea he had anything to do with this series. What makes it even stranger is that this weekend I went to see the Ghost Rider premiere. If Stan Lee made his cameo appearance in that, I just totally missed it. Maybe he was busy filming a cameo for Heroes at the same time he would have to be doing Ghost Rider... Laughing

Anyway another good episode. Glad to see the characters pulling together in what appears to be teamwork.
engeland
Oh don't worry about the spoilers man, other countries have just begun airing it but it's not getting this 'fever' everyone here's getting. I'm getting it on download, and man, im hooked
sbel
How many heroes more do you think will show up?
bonestorm74
This is a good series. Hope they can keep up the quality.
sonicj
Last nights episode was good. Not sure if I missed this before or not, but I thought I remembered someone saying Hiro's dad knew about his mission...which gave me the impression that he was somehow involved...but I think they dismissed it somehow....I need to pay more attention. Anyway he most definitely is. Glad they finally gave us some background on Claire's fathers past.

This episode "seemed" longer I think because they didn't spend 5 minutes on each character.
Star Wars Fanatic
sonicj wrote:
Last nights episode was good. Not sure if I missed this before or not, but I thought I remembered someone saying Hiro's dad knew about his mission...which gave me the impression that he was somehow involved...but I think they dismissed it somehow....I need to pay more attention. Anyway he most definitely is. Glad they finally gave us some background on Claire's fathers past.

This episode "seemed" longer I think because they didn't spend 5 minutes on each character.

I haven't seen it yet, lol, I have it on TiVo...

But yes, you are correct in that Hiro's dad knows his mission. In a previous episode, Distractions, Hiro and his friend were "kidnapped" by some people, and they took him to Hiro's dad. Pops (played by George Takei) then told Hiro to stop this foolish quest and come home because he needs him to take over his company eventually. (The very company Hiro was working in as a paper pusher in the very beginning of the show). Hiro manages to convince him that he isn't suited to be a company excecutive, even after his father tells him that he will make him Vice President of the company.

I won't tell the whole storyline, like how Hiro convinces his father, you can watch the episode youself Wink
zanzou
Claire (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

(THIS IS SPOILER SPACE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO DISCUSS CLAIRE IN RECENT EPISODES)

(SPACE SPACE SPACE)

(MORE SPACE)

Anyway. I've really found myself going up and down on Claire in this series. I was kinda 'meh' at her in the beginning, and then I thought she rocked a lot of ass (around episode 4), but recently I've found myself disliking her again.

While I find some of her reactions understandable (ie, suspicion and anger towards her father) what I couldn't understand was her obsessive need for her real parents, to the point of rejecting the ones who raised her. I can also understand that she felt alienated from her parents because she thought they didn't know what was going on, and that her parents would provide this blissful understanding and explanation for who she is... but I still don't understand why, from the moment she found out, she was like "You're not my real parents."

She's said "You're not my father" quite a few times now-- and it brings to mind children whose parents remary (after divorce, death, whatever) and don't want to accept a new person in place of someone they already loved. But since she had been with, and loved, and even thought her adopted parents were her biological parents-- I don't undestand her rejection.

:( I'm sure this isn't helped by the fact that I've been loving MrBenette for most of the series, and seeing him upset by her makes me go "evil WHOOR".

Of course, after the end of the last episode, I was back to feeling for her, but that period in between was very unfun.

(END OF SPOILER SPACE, OKAY???)
sonicj
I don't think Claire's actions have been all that unusual. I think most children who find out later in life that they are adopted are curious about their parents. I am sure alot of them wonder about what they got from their biological parents that made them the way they are. And in Claire's case, she has an even more compelling reason for curiosity. I mean she can't die. I would want to find my biological parent if I found out I could not die Smile And on top of it all her adopted Dad is erasing her memory and her mothers.....I don't think I would have even stayed in the same house after finding that out.
engeland
episode 17 opens up to the whole 'SAVE the cheerleader, SAVE the world' catch phrase again. I wonder what happened to the radioactive guy (forgot his name) and what happens when the haitian shoots mr benett upon request. Really interesting stuff
zanzou
sonicj wrote:
I don't think Claire's actions have been all that unusual. I think most children who find out later in life that they are adopted are curious about their parents. I am sure alot of them wonder about what they got from their biological parents that made them the way they are. And in Claire's case, she has an even more compelling reason for curiosity. I mean she can't die. I would want to find my biological parent if I found out I could not die :) And on top of it all her adopted Dad is erasing her memory and her mothers.....I don't think I would have even stayed in the same house after finding that out.

Yeah, but my problems with her actions started before she knew every one was getting her memories erased... (I think. I'd have to go back and watch the last 10 episodes or so to be sure where her attitude starts pissing me off.)

I think part of the problem (the emphasis of it in my mind, at least) came from the flashbacky episode where we see her first finding out she's adopted.... :/ I dunno. She's just been pissing me off lately.

In other, spoilery-er news:
I believe Granny might be more evil than HRG. Thoughts?
Star Wars Fanatic
Actually, after watching the latest episode, it is pretty clear that she isn't...
zanzou
Star Wars Fanatic wrote:
Actually, after watching the latest episode, it is pretty clear that she isn't...

You mean for the Granny? I think it's super suspicious that she
a) pits her sons against each other
b) knew about this whole time

Aaaand, since everybody is connected to Linderman somehow, my first thought when I saw that was that there was a connection there. :/
sonicj
We may find out that the grandmother and Linderman are in cahoots....and maybe even lovers Shocked
molif
i cant wait for the next episode after this long hiatus..!!!!!!!

showdown between peter and sylar..!!!
carlokes
Hi there,

I've found out only yesterday that Heroes will only come back on April...oh Lord and it ended in such a way....that shouldn't be allowed...now i'm all anxious to see what happens and they make us wait almost a month...not fair buaahhhhh..... Confused

I'm really loving the serie and although i dont usually watch american series (well, actually i only watch anime), this one in particullar caught my eye and i can't have enough of it.

Looking foward for episode 19...

Stay cool!
tiboo211
23rd April is too long... Sad They stop this tv show at the wrong time!!
All we can do is waiting because I don't know where to find the episode 19#...
good luck! Rolling Eyes
sonicj
I had actually forgotten that the next episode was not till April. So on Monday night, I cleared my schedule and was ready with some popcorn at 9pm. And to my dismay, deal or no deal was on. I thought, wait ....I am sure I set my clock for day light savings time. Then it dawned on me...there would be no episode this week. I would have to wait. Sighhh Crying or Very sad
Indyan
tiboo211 wrote:
23rd April is too long... Sad They stop this tv show at the wrong time!!
All we can do is waiting because I don't know where to find the episode 19#...
good luck! Rolling Eyes

Related info :

Why are there gaps between episodes?

Quote:
Mostly it’s a math problem- like one of those seventh grade “word problems” that you thought would never matter. In July of last year we began filming HEROES. It takes eight days to complete filming of every episode (actually it takes much longer - more like ten to twelve days - but any episode which shoots over eight days we complete with simultaneous units – meaning, most of the time, we have two complete film crews shooting at the same time.)

Now that means eight “working days” so depending on how the weekends fall it takes 10 to 12 calendar days to complete filming of an episode. It also takes a minimum of 4 weeks to complete post production of each episode – including picture editing, visual effects, music, sound mixing and color timing.

On September 25th we aired the first episode. At that time we already had 5 and a half episodes in the can. But from that point on, every 7 days a new episode airs. The math of 7 days between airings and twelve days between completing episodes catches up to us pretty quickly. By November we were in a situation where we couldn’t get any more episodes on the air.

Combine that with the fact that, from a network point of view, December is a slow TV-watching month. We design in a hiatus in December. Because the cast and crew take a two week break around Christmas (so we don’t die of exhaustion) the same phenomenon happens now, in early March.

Some shows like “24" and “Alias” (and “Lost” halfway this year) have opted to not begin showing their first episode until January and then run them continuously. They also start filming in July, but don’t air anything ‘til the new year. For many reasons NBC and HEROES did not want to do that in season one. Maybe in another year.

Source : http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/
Ennex
I love this series

did any of you notice that Hiro's father who way played by Star Trek's Mr. Sulu, George Takei's limo's cars number plate was "ENTERPRISE", i didnt pick it up but i read it up on a website and i found it funny because they sometimes link sci-fi with another sci-fi joke Smile

The series in general i think has been really good so far, you dont find everything out at once but you also dont spend 5 episodes waiting for something to happen, i think they've done a great job writing this series
Indyan
Ennex wrote:
I love this series

did any of you notice that Hiro's father who way played by Star Trek's Mr. Sulu, George Takei's limo's cars number plate was "ENTERPRISE", i didnt pick it up but i read it up on a website and i found it funny because they sometimes link sci-fi with another sci-fi joke Smile

The series in general i think has been really good so far, you dont find everything out at once but you also dont spend 5 episodes waiting for something to happen, i think they've done a great job writing this series

Check out the link I provided in my last post.
You would find this :

Quote:
12. I had a good laugh when I looked at the license plate of Mr. Nakamura's car (episode I like those little jokes. Did you place it deliberately or was it just someone from the equipment staff having fun?

Believe it or not, none of the writers, directors or production team planned that. It was the idea of one of our prop people – a great, hard working guy named James Clark.
tiboo211
Ok, Thanks for the info... I understand now. I know, it's like a kind of selfishness but before, I thought it was only for keeping the suspense and letting people talk more of Heroes for ads...but I didn't thought of problems of math!!! It's the first time I've noticed a first season cut like this Crying or Very sad, maybe because it's the first tv shows which I was really interested of... Rolling Eyes
Kelcey
Argh, we have to wait until april 23rd for the next episode! I can't wait for it Sad
Mordane
I hate american scheduals! they always take breaks midway through the season!!!!
sonicj
Mordane wrote:
I hate american scheduals! they always take breaks midway through the season!!!!

It did not use to be like this. Once upon a time a series would start in the fall and run until it ended, then pick up with the next season in the fall again.

I think it is another rung in the ladder of complicating our lives. You have to have a freaking secretary to keep up with what series restarts when. It is really retarded if you ask me. I don't watch that much tv. I have about 3 or 4 shows I like to watch. I pity the person who has 10 shows.
KoiboySG1
I just watched the first 2 episodes. I like comic books and i think i will like this serie.
tiboo211
I'm sure you will like the series!!! it is said that it was the most watched series when it was broadcasted. Besides, every episode is surprising and you can't wait to see the next...
Idea Be careful, don't be addicted too fast because you have to wait like us then...
Kelcey
Ahhh. I can't wait for april 23rd. The last episode left us at the biggest cliff hanger!
Erethakbe
Heroes it's one of my vices... with Lost.

Im the leader of the Fanclub of Claude, in the most important foro in spanish of Heroes Very Happy
jenice
zanzou wrote:
Claire (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

(THIS IS SPOILER SPACE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO DISCUSS CLAIRE IN RECENT EPISODES)

(SPACE SPACE SPACE)

(MORE SPACE)

Anyway. I've really found myself going up and down on Claire in this series. I was kinda 'meh' at her in the beginning, and then I thought she rocked a lot of ass (around episode 4), but recently I've found myself disliking her again.

While I find some of her reactions understandable (ie, suspicion and anger towards her father) what I couldn't understand was her obsessive need for her real parents, to the point of rejecting the ones who raised her. I can also understand that she felt alienated from her parents because she thought they didn't know what was going on, and that her parents would provide this blissful understanding and explanation for who she is... but I still don't understand why, from the moment she found out, she was like "You're not my real parents."<snip>

I think the reactions are pretty fair for Claire. One minute she's found out her Dad is lying to her, and the next she's got a fantasy built-up of her biological parents who can come in and save the day. It'll naturally be up and down for her, especially for her age and what she's going through.

I'm also not surprised by how she clung closer to her adopted Dad in the later episodes. It's one thing to hate him for lying to her, but it's quite another to keep it up when she thinks his life is in danger.

She's just growing up. I can imagine it'll be back and forth still for awhile, especially if she actually meets up with her real dad. That'll be something to see.
dickyzin
I reckon there will be many more heroes turning up in the series. Some will perish and new ones will emerge, obviously. Very Happy
orno
i think micah is gonna play a big role in the next season
i hope atleast...and gimme some more niki action!!!
bigdan
I love it! Very Happy We're up to the the ep where Peter saves Claire at homecoming.
jenice
That one was cool. I remembered that interaction distinctly in later episodes. It really brings it back into sharp focus.
engeland
Did anything happen to the series? It stopped at chapter 18! Is there a seasonal break or something? Confused
tiboo211
No, we've talked about it. Because of maths, the episode 19# will be broadcasted on 23rd April.
Have a look at Indyan's answer:
Quote:
Mostly it’s a math problem- like one of those seventh grade “word problems” that you thought would never matter. In July of last year we began filming HEROES. It takes eight days to complete filming of every episode (actually it takes much longer - more like ten to twelve days - but any episode which shoots over eight days we complete with simultaneous units – meaning, most of the time, we have two complete film crews shooting at the same time.)

Now that means eight “working days” so depending on how the weekends fall it takes 10 to 12 calendar days to complete filming of an episode. It also takes a minimum of 4 weeks to complete post production of each episode – including picture editing, visual effects, music, sound mixing and color timing.

Kelcey
Just a little bit more time until it comes back... I can't wait.
tiboo211
I know it will be broadcasted as previews on 22nd April in the great cinema Rex in Paris. Besides, there will be Peter and Nikki!!
Arrow Can you fly to Paris to watch the next episode?! Cool
jenice
I *know* when it's coming back, but I still can't help but check my show preview status just in case it says "New" by the summary.

Wishful thinking...
bluefossil
Math or not, I don't think it's coincidence that the last 5 episodes of the season lands on the May Sweeps.
I can't wait till it is back I wonder what they are going to reveal. You think they might resolve the whole nuclear Explosion in NYC? and keep Sylar as the prime Badguy in the series? How much do you think, they are gonna keep unexplained for the next few seasons?
orno
i dont think they are gonna bring the explosion into this season...they will probably carry it into next season and this season will end with sylar dying....should be a kickass fight between sylar and peter though....
next season will be micah-centric i hope!

anyways, just 2 weeks to go...cant wait!!
soldeinvierno
I don't know if I can wait 2 more weeks!!

From what I read, next season(s) will have completely new characters and stories and the characters in this season may appear, but in the background
jenice
soldeinvierno wrote:

From what I read, next season(s) will have completely new characters and stories and the characters in this season may appear, but in the background

Oh, that would suck. I've grown rather attached to this season's heroes. *flails* I guess in a way then I'm looking forward to it just to see what changes are brought about.
KoiboySG1
I just watched episode 18 and the serie is now one of my favorites at this time. I love the caracters en the way the powers are being ussed. cant wait for episode 19.
gh0stface
jenice wrote:
soldeinvierno wrote:

Oh, that would suck. I've grown rather attached to this season's heroes. *flails* I guess in a way then I'm looking forward to it just to see what changes are brought about.

I think it's a good thing. You can only go so far with these current super heroes and the storyline... Bringing in new heroes will bring in new fresh story line and plots!

But don't worry, supposedly the writers will have "guest heroes" from the previous season popping up here and there in the following seasons. So alls not totally lost Wink
Kelcey
I actually saw a preview of heroes on tv. It kinda spoiled some of where the last episode stopped...
classical_c
I don't know about you guys but i'm in australia and were a bit over the first half of the first season. but this show is just so cool and different the only thing I can compare it to is lost but lost get annoying because it takes so long to get a story out but in heros there is so much going on at the same time the characters are really thought through and the look of the show is outragous my boyfriend is an artist and he said some of those picture the drug user guy draws are so skilled.
soulman
is it 18 episodes in Season 1? I cannot wait to see the battle between the two most powerful man.
soccerplaya2090
I love this show. The first time i watched it i was hooked. The first two seasons are great. I cant wait to see what they have coming this season. Do you guys think the boy cant think of his name will use his powers more?
One of the commercials shows Linderman asking the little boy if hed like to save the world. Its only a week before the third season airs right?
sonicj
Yup, one week from today. Argghhh all these breaks on series are annoying. Oh well not long now.
deStructuralized
Monday!

Very Happy

I can sort of guess what's going to happen, but I'm still very, very excited.

Not looking forward to seeing new Heroes next season though. Feels like a step backwards for story progression.
sonicj
woot an hour and a half....can't wait
Gabriela
I love love love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's great did ya'll see last night's episode? omg i cant wait until next monday. I hope they bring this show back for a second season.
Guyon
There is no doubt that there will be a second season, though I hope I like it as much with the new cast.

Mondays show was awesome and I really would hate to discuss it and spoil it for anyone that has not seen it yet. But what can I say about the ending besides WOW!

By the was anyone that missed it can see the full episode on-line.
sonicj
Guyon wrote:
There is no doubt that there will be a second season, though I hope I like it as much with the new cast.

New cast? Have I missed something here? Surely you are just talking about the new characters being added and not that the current characters are being replaced.....I hope anyway.
Guyon
I thought I read somewhere that each season will have a new cast with only a few from the old cast to help the transistion. I cold be wrong but that is what I remember.

Also about Hiro:
What makes him think he change change time? When he tried to do it with the girl form the dinner he failed again and again until he gave up.
sonicj
That's a good point, I had forgotten about that. Maybe it is because he has the sword now or maybe because his future self keeps coming back to try to change or warn. Could be he has just not developed that power yet.
gh0stface
Guyon wrote:
I thought I read somewhere that each season will have a new cast with only a few from the old cast to help the transistion. I cold be wrong but that is what I remember.

Also about Hiro:
What makes him think he change change time? When he tried to do it with the girl form the dinner he failed again and again until he gave up.

I think he, Hiro, himself wouldn't be able to change the future. He has to go through other people in order to change history. Such as how he got Peter Petrelli to save Claire, the cheerleader. When Hiro tries to change the history himself, it won't work.

On a side note, has anybody been keeping up with the comic books that are published on the Heroes website? Gives a lot of a great background information that goes hand and hand with this show.
deStructuralized
The graphic novels are great

Regarding the new season, it'll involve the parents and relatives of the current heroes...so it shouldn't be too bad.
dfi-systems
Heroes is the the Best!!! Im a fansince 1st episode. Im sure a second season are in progress in the head of producers.

I remember in last episode when Petrelli dead and the chearleader left the glass of their head Very Happy nice momment.

I wait impatient the next episode
soldeinvierno
We have a new episode airing TONIGHT!!

I hope it's better than the last one, didn't like it very much...
Indyan
Its gonna be good.
I spoiled a lot of it for myself though, by watching the 3 promo clips.
zanzou
SPOILERS FOR 1X20

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

MORE SPOILER SPACE

SPPPPAAACE

FOOOOOR

SPOOOOOOOOOILLEEEEEEEERSSS

HOW MUCH DO I LOVE THAT NATHAN IS SYLAR??? BECAUSE IT'S A LOT. I LOVE NATHAN. I LOVE SYLAR. I OBVIOUSLY HAVE A NEW WORLD OF SYLAR!NATHAN/MOHINDER TO EXPLORE. LIFE IS GOOD.

D: I kept expecting the Hatian to end up good? I dunno.

Also, I lovelovelove Peter/Niki. Though I have to admit, it kinda gives me Petrellicest vibes that Peter is with Nathan's ex. :x

zomgSylarILU,BB. :D :D :D

Where are all the older characters? Linderman and Grandma. D:

This is almost directly c/p from my livejournal. :x

END OF SPOILERS

END END END

EEEND

END

SPOILERS

~END~
sonicj
Very good episode...reminded me of the old "What If" comics of Marvel. I would love to see what happened with Sylar and Peter after Hiro left, of course that day will come I am sure.
Indyan
Best episode of the season.
Revvion
I really liked the last episode, there getting more fun as the season passes. Really liked * the fact that sylar posed as peters brother i but i still dont get why he wanted to kill all does special people*
molif
he is a craver.. he crave for powers.. at least, peter doesnt have to kill ppl to get their powers.. but just wondeirng..

before sylar got gabriele powers(which is laser), how did he manage to the power out of her..? chop her head..?
soccerplaya2090
idk i didnt really like this episode as much it confused me but it helped me with some of the things going on.
zanzou
soccerplaya2090 wrote:
idk i didnt really like this episode as much it confused me but it helped me with some of the things going on.

What was confusing? :o
gh0stface
molif wrote:
he is a craver.. he crave for powers.. at least, peter doesnt have to kill ppl to get their powers.. but just wondeirng..

before sylar got gabriele powers(which is laser), how did he manage to the power out of her..? chop her head..?

Gabriel IS Sylar. Sylar was just the pseudonym that he took up derived from a brand of watch he was working on. I believe Sylar's power is the ability to detect others with abilities along with seeing how things work. So when he consumes other people with special abilities, he is able to absorb their powers and use them as well.
srujanlive
THE HARD PART PREMIERE'S TOMORROW. IN THE PREVIEWS THEY AVE SHOWN HIRO FINALLY MEETING SYLAR. SINCE ONLY ONE CAN SURVIVE THAT FIGHT, WATS IT GONNA BE. I AM BETTING ON HIRO BUT CONSIDERING IT WOULD LEAD TO A PREMATURE END, MAYBE PETER WOULD COME IN BETWEEN. OR MAYBE NATHAN.
dickyzin
Hiro plays such a good part. I like it when he met himself in the future. I don't know what happens next but I'm very eager to find out.
sonicj
dickyzin wrote:
Hiro plays such a good part. I like it when he met himself in the future. I don't know what happens next but I'm very eager to find out.

He is a good actor...he is so believable as both the innocent, idealistic, happy-go-lucky Japanese guy and the hardened veteran hero. Two extremes suits that he wears comfortably.
dickyzin
I find Peter's acting a bit weird, being the lead actor in the show. Not as convincing as Hiro.
sonicj
I was thinking about Linderman healing things and people, wondering if he could heal himself, which got me to thinking about the little girl who is the monitor. Why did Linderman not just heal her?
mansonivan
interesting series of coz. very good.
srujanlive
sonicj wrote:
I was thinking about Linderman healing things and people, wondering if he could heal himself, which got me to thinking about the little girl who is the monitor. Why did Linderman not just heal her?

Now that you said it, I too am wondering about that. I don't think Linderman would heal himself though. But 5 years gone had me thinking.
Sylar has to kill the shapeshifting woman and Nathan Petrelli. And If he din't get killed by Hiro's sword and he din't kill Claire , how did he survive.

The last episode has to reveal a lot.
dickyzin
Quote:
And If he din't get killed by Hiro's sword and he din't kill Claire , how did he survive.

You kind of just answered your own question. He survives because he didn't get killed by Hiro. Was Claire still around five years in the future? I don't recall seeing her there. Maybe Sylar did kill Claire.
zanzou
dickyzin wrote:
I find Peter's acting a bit weird, being the lead actor in the show. Not as convincing as Hiro.

I wouldn't say he's THE lead actor-- he's one of the lead actors. There's several main storylines, of which he is the focus of one.

dickyzin wrote:

You kind of just answered your own question. He survives because he didn't get killed by Hiro. Was Claire still around five years in the future? I don't recall seeing her there. Maybe Sylar did kill Claire.

She was in the future-- she had brown hair.
urbanbuddha
dickyzin wrote:

"I Scare Me" --> best part of that episode
chaotikremix
I love Heroes. Besides Lost, it's one of the best shows on TV right now. I can't wait until the season finale. I wonder if they're gonna keep the old characters for the new season. I heard it's gonna be different? I hope not... Confused
ryanh2006
Hey there just wanted to say that the episode before the finale, "Landslide", was INCREDIBLE! It was an amazing piece of art with excellent plot devices, amazing action and an incredible conclusion. It was really well done and it has really opened things up for the finale. Finally all of the pieces are in place for what is sure to be an insanely great Season 1 finale. I can't wait to see that double helping of Heroes goodness on Monday. Yaataaaaaaa!
seeapoko
Love the show, Hiro is def the best happy-go-lucky guy on TV right now. Cant wait for more, get to watch it during school on a friends labtop! Best part of the day.
zanzou
chaotikremix wrote:
...Besides Lost, it's one of the best shows on TV right now. ...

D: I used to like Lost, but it went downhill veeeery quickly. What I like about Heroes is that it actually ANSWERS questions, instead of just making you ask MORE questions.

I saw a comparison of the two earlier in the year... Heroes was the winner. :/ And I have to say it was right.
soccerplaya2090
i liked the last episode it was really good. cant wait for next weeks episode. i think it would be cool if they made a video game from the show i would buy for sure. Smile
dickyzin
sonicj wrote:

Are you talking about the little girl who can locate anyone? I don't think Linderman knows about the little girl and like you said, if he knew, he would just cure her. It's just the others that are concerned about the girl since they want to locate Sylar. Linderman had his own plans I think. This show tends to kill people off very quickly unlike other shows. Maybe all these characters will come back at a later stage - maybe with the help of Hiro.
sonicj
I was pretty sure he knew about her.....they were just one floor below him and they were working for Linderman(the Eric Roberts character) .....maybe I got confused somewhere.
jenice
Yeah, I got the impression Linderman knew about her too. Everyone seems to work for him lately.

As for healing himself, perhaps it wasn't within his realm of abilities? I've seen it in other shows. My mom asked the same question about the cheerleader to. She can heal herself, but not others, right? I figured Linderman could heal others, but not himself.
friuser
I actually don't think that makes sense. Linderman should be able to heal himself because the cheerleader's power is automatic. She can't turn it off and on but linderman could. However it could be he's dead or didn't have the time to heal himself.
rekluzz
I really enjoyed tonights season final episode. I won't give any spoilers here, but I will say that all the cast gave great performances tonight. There were some surprises I wasn't expecting, and I'm looking forward to next seasons shows.
jenice
rekluzz wrote:
I really enjoyed tonights season final episode. I won't give any spoilers here, but I will say that all the cast gave great performances tonight. There were some surprises I wasn't expecting, and I'm looking forward to next seasons shows.

Here, here. Outstanding show, IMHO. Ditto on the surprises. Let me just say? Hiro was the best. Smile
Kelcey
I loved the show. The ending disappointed me slightly... I was hoping Peter would do... well, more. Regardless I can't wait for this to come out on HD-DVD. It's a must-buy for me.
gh0stface
I agree. The ending was slightly anti-climatic. However bits and pieces of the prophecy did come true. Such as how (highlight the quote box to see as this contains some spoiler for the season finale):
Quote:

Hiro actually d"id stab and maybe killed Sylar. As Sylar's left a bloody trail leading to the sewer. Peter did blow up, but not in the prophesied way of destroying the city. Nathan sacrificing himself for the greater good by flying him and Peter out of Earth's atmosphere and not sacrificing Peter for the greater good of the nation.

Although slightly anti-climatic, can't wait for season 2. Looks like Hiro's legendary hero that he looked up to may be his father. At least that's what I think.
sonicj
I was trying to figure a way out for Peter and about 5 minutes before it happened I figured it would happen that way....sorry so cryptic....don't want to spoil. It may have been a little anti-climatic but better than waiting till next season for a cliff hangar explanation that would be even more anti-climatic. All in all a great show. I give it 2 smiley faces Very Happy Very Happy
tiboo211
sonicj wrote:
All in all a great show. I give it 2 smiley faces Very Happy Very Happy

I agree with you, if I could, I woud give more smiley faces than one billion!

It's the best series I've ever seen and that final episode was really unpredictable 'til the last second! So, what can we say about Peter Petrelli, is he dead? I wonder how will be the season two...new story? Do you know if it will be broadcasted next week or we have to wait few months? I haven't seen any trailer yet...

waiting mode on
deStructuralized
A lot of people have said the finale sucked for one reason or another, but I thought it was great. It wasn't particularly climactic in terms of the Peter/Sylar battle...indeed, I was sort of disappointed by how Peter held up in the fight. But the emotions and relationships portrayed were fantastic, and they really redeemed Niki and Nathan during this episode. Everybody came together and collectively used their powers to help each other.

It was great.

Can't wait for next season.
Guyon
I agree the season finale was just as good as the season. Yes there were a few points that disappointed but honestly it was simply because it felt rushed. If they had done a 2hr season finale it would no doubt have been better. But the fight at the end though brief still excited because for the first time, without trying, they were a bit of a team. And the emotions by the actors and relationships all played out so well. This will be a must buy DVD set the second it comes out on August 28th. I look forward to season 2 since most of my fav chars survived. Smile
clydejaw
Oh my god! I can't wait 3 weeks until episode 24 releases over here. Does anyone know where I can *ahem* illegal download this episode Razz? The suspense is killing me cos Ive seen episodes 1-23 already >.<!!!! I wanna see the 2 hour special ~~~ Cool
gh0stface
clydejaw wrote:
Oh my god! I can't wait 3 weeks until episode 24 releases over here. Does anyone know where I can *ahem* illegal download this episode Razz? The suspense is killing me cos Ive seen episodes 1-23 already >.<!!!! I wanna see the 2 hour special ~~~ Cool

Where did you here it was 2 hours?! It was only 1 Smile

There are many torrent related websites where you can acquire the season finale Wink
dickyzin
I also thought the finale was a bit rushed. It could have been better if there were more action. Molly didn't get to do much besides find Sylar.

I like how Nikki smashed Sylar with the parking meter. LOL. Did Peter get Nikki's power just then? Because of the way Peter beat the brains out of Sylar, it looks like he's got her power.

One thing I don't understand is why does Peter need Nathan to fly out into space??? Peter can already fly like Nathan. Or since Peter's been close to Hiro, he should have absorbed the time travel powers. Peter can just travel back into pre-historic time and blow himself up. Very Happy That can be the cause of the extinction of dinosaurs!! I think this is just a way to kill off some Heroes who won't be back in Volume 2.

Can't wait to see Volume 2. Apparently it's a totally new storyline. Anyone know when it'll start? What's this thing about episode 24 being released in 3 weeks time? Is Heroes Volume 2 starting again in 3 weeks?
tiboo211
dickyzin wrote:
One thing I don't understand is why does Peter need Nathan to fly out into space???

I was wondering too and I've read in www.heroesrevealed.com that Peter was full of radioactivity and he couldn't use his another powers at the same time. That's why he needed his brother to fly. Besides, they wanted to let Nathan save the world so that he wasn't as cruel as supposed.

And maybe if they have taken Sylar, there won't be any bad guy anymore...and no heroes as well Rolling Eyes
Revvion
dickyzin wrote:

One thing I don't understand is why does Peter need Nathan to fly out into space???

Wasnt it something like: "I absorbes his powers nathan, i cant control it"
Seems to me that he was just having so much new powers at once from sylar that he coulnt focus anymore.

Other than that i found the first season awsome Very Happy
jenice
Revvion wrote:
dickyzin wrote:

Seems to me that he was just having so much new powers at once from sylar that he coulnt focus anymore.

Yeah, that's the impression I got too. He really couldn't control it anymore. It was the only viable solution they could think of other than killing him outright (which makes me wonder about his role next season).

Honestly, I wasn't really disappointed. I rather expected that either the prophecy would come true as it did in the alternate future, or they would find a way to stop it (which is what they'd been working for all along). Nathan had told his daughter that nothing was written in stone.

I'm looking forward to next season and what will happen to Hiro.
cavey
It's unusual with a season finale with a closure. I was expecting more cliffhangers. But I liked the season finale.

Hope Peter Petrelli survives. He is the best charachter (him and Hiro) in Heroes!
bluefossil
I can't wait to see what Hiro does Next Season. I wonder if the Samurai, I forget his name Kensei?, has Special powers of his own.

The wait is gonna suck but I'll be watching the season again to see if what i missed.
mac_ad
sonicj wrote:
I was trying to figure a way out for Peter and about 5 minutes before it happened I figured it would happen that way....sorry so cryptic....don't want to spoil. It may have been a little anti-climatic but better than waiting till next season for a cliff hangar explanation that would be even more anti-climatic. All in all a great show. I give it 2 smiley faces Very Happy Very Happy

I absolutely agree! Not having to wait through a cliffhanger was the best ending ever. Its not like Lost where every episode is a cliffhanger building upon the next cliffhanger! I LOOOOVE LOST but Heroes is different, and its a good kind of different.
There was a show called 'mutant x' which was around the same basis, but nowhere near as good, I cant wait til next season!
sonicj
I think Peter can only use one power at a time. He was having a hard time controlling that power. I guess it would be no different than learning a skill like playing a guitar...it takes time. And that particular power is extreme.
soccerplaya2090
how did sylar survive that stab? and whos the other villain that can see molly when she tries to find him?
dickyzin
soccerplaya2090 wrote:
how did sylar survive that stab? and whos the other villain that can see molly when she tries to find him?

Did Sylar survive the stab? I thought he died? Getting confused with all these new questions =).

I have the same questions about Molly. Who can see her? And how did Sylar become the Boogie man to Molly? Did I miss something here? I also don't remember how Molly met the mind-reading detective.

Please enlighten me. Smile
soccerplaya2090
dickyzin wrote:
soccerplaya2090 wrote:

Did Sylar survive the stab? I thought he died? Getting confused with all these new questions =).

I have the same questions about Molly. Who can see her? And how did Sylar become the Boogie man to Molly? Did I miss something here? I also don't remember how Molly met the mind-reading detective.

Please enlighten me. Smile

for sylar he may not be dead but he went down that man hole

and molly calls sylar the boogie man because he killed her parents because they had powers and she did to i think it was the first episode. and thats how we found out about the detectives powers because he came to her house and heard her thinking dont let the boogie man get me or something like that. thats how he got the job with the fbi u may want to watch that episode it will help explain some things.
deStructuralized
Revvion wrote:
dickyzin wrote:

You know, I'd never really thought about it that way, but you're right. Claude was right. Peter overloaded from having too many powers, and he overloaded because he encountered Sylar

Nathan and Linderman were correct--either Sylar would blow up New York, or Peter would by trying to stop him. The explosion was inevitable.

I still think that the finale was excellently done, and I can't wait for the new season.
kingtendo
deStructuralized wrote:
Revvion wrote:
dickyzin wrote:

You know, I'd never really thought about it that way, but you're right. Claude was right. Peter overloaded from having too many powers, and he overloaded because he encountered Sylar

Nathan and Linderman were correct--either Sylar would blow up New York, or Peter would by trying to stop him. The explosion was inevitable.

I still think that the finale was excellently done, and I can't wait for the new season.

Totally Agree with you there, this has become indefinitely one of my favourite series by far, i'm actually quite pissed off we have to wait so long for the next series. It really kept me entertained and excited to see each episode for ages.

Anyone know an exact release date of the next Series?
Cheers
tiboo211
kingtendo wrote:

Anyone know an exact release date of the next Series?

I heard that it wiil be on 21st August 2007, the same week as Prison Break...
Can't wait too!! Rolling Eyes
pedrothelion
The best series in recent times in my opinion.. Surprised

It's kept me interested for the entirety of season one, something not even Lost managed. I love all the different characters, and they've managed to keep the suspense and action at an awesome level without to many super fights.. (I mean, there have been showdowns, but no really outrageous ones)!
Guyon
Sylar should have died from that stab. The average person would have.

But my big question is did Peter and Nathan survive? There is a great possibility that both of them are alive.

I have to start to read the comic. I head that is is very well done
soccerplaya2090
i heard that theres going to be 24 new episodes
and then 5 episodes that are called orgins
that talk about where they come from or something like that can anyone confirm that?
scottycrip
It took me awhile to get into the show. My buddy brought the dvds home from blockbuster, and needless to say I went through them in 2 days. What a great show! I can't wait for this season to get going. Great first episode of the new season too!
Zaini711
Heroes is special as its invoke our inner feeling where we all somewhere sometime wish we had some kind of super power and change make a change in our miserable life and ultimately to the world.

Who don't want to be one of X-Men or Spiderman etc. It's always the heroes have a lot to sacrifice that came with the ability and still misunderstood by the people around them. With great power came great responsibilities. This is the premise that make HEROES such a successful series.

I can't wait for the 2nd season....
cosmicx
just started watching Heroes Season 1...
still trying hard to find out who is Sylar Very Happy
edzofcit
Just finished watching its first episode in season 2. It's very entertaining, i love it so much.
I'm waiting for it's episode 2 maybe this week. HAVE you watched its episode 2? I'm very eager waiting for that episode. Wink
driftingfe3s
I've only seen the first episode of season 2 as well and I'm excited to see the next episode. It already aired but I'm going to watch it later with my girlfriend. Hope it is as exciting as the first episode.
bluefossil
Season started off great. I'm really interested on how Hiro's story arc goes. I have a theory on Kesei, and it looked like it was right, until you find out about Kensei. anyway, can't wait till the next episode. I'm gonna be so busy with work. I'm glad i have a dvr to it gets recorded for me. I just hope i have time to watch it.
Kelcey
Hiro's story is hecka funny. Though it seems like the writer is.. once again, just inserting crap in here and there to create suspenseful moments.
sonicj
Kelcey wrote:
Hiro's story is hecka funny. Though it seems like the writer is.. once again, just inserting crap in here and there to create suspenseful moments.

What are some examples of the "crap" you think the writers are inserting?
cosmicx
Sylar is still alive in Season 2, but he lost his power...
Maya and Alejandro are introduced, can't wait to watch Episode 4 now...
but I do not really like the part that Hiro went back to year 1671, is not very exciting... Rolling Eyes
metronome
/me joining Heroes lover's rank:D

ergh
heroes is cool not until the ending of season 1
well the season 2 has a lot of holes too>.<
but anyway I still enjoy watching it.
MYP415
I still haven't got a chance to catch up on the season 2 episodes. I have a 4 day weekend coming up so hopefully I can watch some of them. Do you guys think this season will be better than the first (if thats possible)?
Indyan
Heroes is really kicking ass this season. The endings have been awesome!
cornga56
Some people knock heroes, but I don't care. It's a decent show with a good storyline, and so what if it has some of the same ideals as X-men, the X-universe is created from a vague idea of how powers are manifested in people. Heroes is great, and I hope it continues to do well in the future.
bulek
Heroes is excellent show. I must say that first season was a little bit more interesting because there were many actions, while nothing happens in the second season. Only story and speech. OK, the last episode seems to return to "old Heroes" and producers says that the most interesting episodes will be until 11th episode.
gh0stface
I think it got fairly interesting with the last episode that just aired. Some slight spoilers even though the episode has been aired for about 4 days. At least in the US.

Quote:
- Turns out that Hiro was really the hero, Takezo Kensei, he admired when he was young.
- The original Takeo Kensei is now a deviant villain and is kind of similar to Wolverine where his healing factor tends to not age him as quickly.
- Suresh is now a little confused as to what is right and wrong and the line is starting to blur for him.
- Peter regains some of his memories.

I really hope the WGA strike doesn't last too long ;o
dangerdog
the last episode made me feel more like i was right in not agreeing with everyone else, i think this season could have some good stuff in store!

however, i don't know how i feel if the writer of the show doesn't feel like it's going to be any good. :/

i actually enjoyed the segment of story development with kensei, and i really like the direction they're taking matt as a character.
bluefossil
The Kensei story was great, I guess my initial hunch was right in that Hiro is the actual hero of the stories.

I hope they had enough episodes completed before that whole Writer's Strike. I'm not a 24 fan but i heard they are putting the show on hold until the strike is over.
Kelcey
sonicj wrote:
Kelcey wrote:

What are some examples of the "crap" you think the writers are inserting?

Maybe the ending to the first season? Why did a certain person have to do something for another person... despite the "another person" having the ability to do it himself? That ruined the finale completely.
filet
the show hasnt not been aired here yet ..i think maybe this week or next week..but why so many people are so into this show?
snowboardalliance
Any news of how much of Heroes was written before the strike? I'm sure they have filmed a few episodes ahead and so they must have some more written, but do you think it'll be affected?
Zaini711
Interesting.... Heroes keep going by introducing new characters and by the existing characters re-examine their root and priotities. Just like Hiro going back to ancient Samurai era....

I don't like Sylar been kept alive. Should have more engaging villain and not just plain corporation, with more mysteries and puzzle throw along the way
cosmicx
Zaini711 wrote:
Interesting.... Heroes keep going by introducing new characters and by the existing characters re-examine their root and priotities. Just like Hiro going back to ancient Samurai era....

I don't like Sylar been kept alive. Should have more engaging villain and not just plain corporation, with more mysteries and puzzle throw along the way

Sylar and the brother sisters did not appear for few episodes already...
But you will get to know who is Adam Monroe in Episode 7... Cool
MYP415
The season might get cut short due to the writer's strikes, I hope they reach an agreement soon
sthar
The last episode was great.
When peter tries to remember his past. and then in the end he wakes up from the dream and remembers everything. Smile
gh0stface
sthar wrote:
The last episode was great.
When peter tries to remember his past. and then in the end he wakes up from the dream and remembers everything. Smile

I actually thought the last episode was pretty blah. It was nice to see how everything went down, but it was really slow moving compared to the rest of the aired episodes of this season. The next episode coming up seems pretty interesting.

I really want to see if Monroe still has a vendetta against Hiro or if he actually changed and wants to "save the world" with Peter.
cosmicx
Their relationship and the time line is getting complicated...
I think Adam is trying to influence Peter to "save the world" together Laughing
And the girl, Elle, her background is quite mysterious as well
deStructuralized
Tired of Niki not being able to get a hold of herself. She's screwed DL over time and time again.
Claire is going to do the same to her father, because she's an ungrateful brat.
snowboardalliance
They said 2 episodes left to save the world.
Does that mean the season will end in 2 episodes? Or are they just hyping up an upcoming episode? I really hope the season doesn't end early.
gh0stface
snowboardalliance wrote:
They said 2 episodes left to save the world.
Does that mean the season will end in 2 episodes? Or are they just hyping up an upcoming episode? I really hope the season doesn't end early.

Most likely it's the end of the fall season. Then it will resume for the spring season with the season finale. Then we get fun reruns and wait in suspense for the third season to come out.
blk3
I thoight a season was suppose to run for around 22-24 episodes, why are you guys saying it will be ended soon. Is it because of the writers strike or bec. it was really intended for it to be that way.
bluefossil
This season they are doing two volumes, Story arcs, instead of one big one like season one. it's like having two mini seasons for the show. they supposedly completed the First story. I guess this is right since they have been advertising that the story ends in two more episodes here. I don't know if they have completed any of the second volume or not. But if this writers strike gets all my favorite shows canceled or stalled indefinitely, I'm not gonna give a crap. They timed their strike at the Fall Hiatus for most shows. Their strike coordinators are idiots. That, or they just want to try to scare the networks without doing anymore damage to the shows that isn't done with a hiatus at this time of the year anyway. If no more shows I will spend more time playing Rockband. and just watch Top Gear from the UK.
blk3
Oh , ok I get it now, so its split into 2. So supposedly the first part should be finished by now (hopefully) just that the writers could have probably be done writing those parts.
roxys_art
I am still a huge Heroes fan. Even though many have stopped watching it, I continue to stick with it because I see the potential of the show and I admire what the writer is trying to accomplish. It's unfortunate that this season is being cut short due to the writer's strike, however, I agree with the writer's and wish them the best of luck in hammering out new agreements.

As far as Heroes goes...well, there are two episodes left now in this shortened season. Even though I am a fan, I have many doubts that this season is going to end pretty. It seems like things are being rushed now since a new ending for Episode 11 had to be created. I have always liked the way Heroes builds on itself each episode and I feel that now the ending is going to be really rushed. But.......I guess I will have to just wait and see. The last two episodes have been great (in my opinion), so we will see what the next (and last two) episodes of the season are like.
blk3
So its up to episode 11 only, boy that was quick. But it would still be great if the finale or episode 11 is really good though. I hope the next season starts out real soon.
cosmicx
It is pretty sad as this season is going to end soon...
hopefully, the story will not end in the next episode...
after next week, I have to wait for few weeks for both Prison Break and Heroes Sad
snowboardalliance
cosmicx wrote:
It is pretty sad as this season is going to end soon...
hopefully, the story will not end in the next episode...
after next week, I have to wait for few weeks for both Prison Break and Heroes Sad

Yeah but like a bunch of people said, they are doing a second part to the season, like splitting it in half. That seems like a good solution to avoid random weeks of breaks from the show, much better than lost's 2 more season's in 3 years solution IMO.
QrafTee
The last episode said two of five heroes are going to die. From the preview it showed right after, I think Hiro might be one of the unlucky ones because he's only in one of the preview scenes and the scene is the same one from this week's episode... That sucks because Hiro is one of my favorite characters. I don't see Peter dying anytime soon.
Guyon
@snowboardalliance don't even get me started on LOST. 3 Season's of my life were lost on that program with no real questions answered. I head Heroes produces say that they will not make the same mistake as lost and as far as I am concerned they have delivered. Heroes is a first class show that doedn't keep you dangling for years. I love the pase and just want more, more, more.

If two heroes are going to die one has to be Maya Herrera, Sylar has her marked, and she is not the brightest nail in the box. LOL

Monica Dawson is in trouble too, and I would not miss her

I am so sorry that this is it for the year, Too bad the writers went on strike.
QrafTee
Guyon wrote:
@snowboardalliance don't even get me started on LOST. 3 Season's of my life were lost on that program with no real questions answered. I head Heroes produces say that they will not make the same mistake as lost and as far as I am concerned they have delivered. Heroes is a first class show that doedn't keep you dangling for years. I love the pase and just want more, more, more.

If two heroes are going to die one has to be Maya Herrera, Sylar has her marked, and she is not the brightest nail in the box. LOL

Monica Dawson is in trouble too, and I would not miss her

I am so sorry that this is it for the year, Too bad the writers went on strike.

I think the death candidates were as follows: Hiro Nakamura, Matt Parker, Nathan Petrelli, Elle, and Claire Bennet.
cavey
What!? End of Season? :(
cosmicx
It seems Episode 11 would be the last episode for Season 2...
So sad about that...the next season will be broad casted in September 2008...
not sure about that...
hope it can be shown in January Very Happy
gh0stface
cavey wrote:
What!? End of Season? Sad

End of the fall season. I'm pretty sure that they'll continue with a Spring season. At least I hope so.

The the first chapter for volume 3 is fairly intriguing as well. Titled Villains. Kind of makes you wonder what other bad guys are going to show up in the ranks of villainy along side Sylar as it seems that Sylar has regained his powers as well.
molif
i have to say this season has been so interesting it's a real pity to see it end.. for now.
cosmicx
gh0stface wrote:
cavey wrote:

End of the fall season. I'm pretty sure that they'll continue with a Spring season. At least I hope so.

The the first chapter for volume 3 is fairly intriguing as well. Titled Villains. Kind of makes you wonder what other bad guys are going to show up in the ranks of villainy along side Sylar as it seems that Sylar has regained his powers as well.

Yeah...and Peter's mom answered the call and said that "he has just opened the Pandora's Box"...
sounds like much more evils will come out other than Sylar...
hope the show can be broad casted as soon as possible Laughing
McDucque
This season was a real downer for me, I didnt enjoy it as much as I did season one. It seemed to have no real villian, just a lot of kinda bad guys popping up and then going away as fast as they came.
kk_loke86
I just finished watching the second season of Heroes... Welll, it is my favorite since I watch the first episode of the first season.. Imagine if the theory that was mentioned in the series is truth in our daily life, what kind of the world is going to be created?

Cellular self regeneration is definitely the most exciting "superpower" for me, a biology-student. It is highlighted in the second season where someone of it (Adam) have possessed such a great power that let him remains on the earth for more than 400 years!

Others "superpower" is great but not very applicable for the theory that was in used in the story. Flying, time-traveling, mind reading, and moving objects with mind..... I am not very sure that for human, it is working just by having some mutations on our genes...

After all, it is still my favorite drama... And I hope in future, I might become just like Dr. Suresh, a good scientitst that can save the world... haha...
snowboardalliance
gh0stface wrote:
cavey wrote:

They are definitely supposed to, but the writers strike seems to be holding it off. Damn I hope that strike ends soon.
Daisie
snowboardalliance wrote:
gh0stface wrote:
cavey wrote:

They are definitely supposed to, but the writers strike seems to be holding it off. Damn I hope that strike ends soon.

Darn!! I love that serie, it such a shame that it has to end up like that.
I do understand the writers's strike tho, when you see all the money the channels make but still... s'not fair!
iyepes
Heroes is a series I hate without having seen a chapter of it. A man who used to be my friend, prefered watching to it to talking to me. OK, my friend should have a life, but it hurt me to a point than I don't talk to him anymore.

Fanatics scare and bore me to the most, I don't stand them, TV show fanatics aren't an exception.
cavey
It's not the series Heroes fault that your friend is a fanatic. And Heroes is 45 minutes a week. Can't you talk to your friend when the show isn't on? Or does he record it and watch the weeks episode on repeat 24 hours a day the whole week? Sounds strange :)
iyepes
If you hardly can talk to a person, due mutual schedules. An when free time comes, he prefers watching TV than talking to a friend, it fits to fanaticism to me.
iyepes
By the way, it's not the series fault, but I'm not interested on it.
snowboardalliance
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

No Heroes until season 3 as they "retool" and fix what everyone complained about.
cosmicx
snowboardalliance wrote:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

No Heroes until season 3 as they "retool" and fix what everyone complained about.

Oh...that would be a sad news for all the heroes fans...
It would be a long waiting for us and hopefully they can produce the show as soon as possible Smile
Guyon
WOW I am not complaining at all and I am usially hard on shows.
In the beginning I was expecting more of a traditional super hereo show with epic battles and larger than life villians. I have grown to accept Heroes for what it is and thourly enjoy the show.

I kow that the story line is written to attract more female audence and I am OK with that. But I fond it surprising that I enjoyed the Hiro's time travel back to where he met Adam very much. In fact much more then my wife did.

The seaon ending wiht adam was INCREDABLE and I can not think of anything thaat would have been better.

It is a shame that the writer when on strike and cut the season short. But I will be waiting anxiously for the new season.
Guyon
Has anyone been reading the comic? I have not and am not sure catching up on like is the best way to do it. So I was thinking about buying the hard cover book. Is the comic any good?

Should I buy the book or just read it on line? Or skip the whole thing? LOL
Guyon
One last topic I noticed while I was researching the comic book. It seems that Heroes has a paper back coming out.
Writer Aury Wallington, with the full consultation and cooperation of the Heroes writers, will publish the first Heroes novel. It will be entitled Saving Charlie and will be based on the relationship of Hiro Nakamura and Charlie Andrews, when Hiro went back in time six months to attempt to save her. It will be available on December 26, 2007.

It sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! But guys? what Dec 26? Did marketing miss the idea of Christmas? What a great present that wold have been.

While searching the net I also see that Heroes out Official postage stamps. But each of the characters are on a separate sheet of stamps. So for colloecters that want a full sheet it would cost $22 for each hero making the full set $100! I like heroes but not $100 worth.
Who's idea was it to out them all on separate sheets? Gee DC, Marvel, and Starwars all put all there character on the same sheet. Let get with the program! LOL
Revvion
It was a GREAT season, the fact that hero went back in time made it one of the most fun things yet. But the thing is it ended in almost the same way as season 1. Sure another guy got shot, but the thing that needed prevented was once again seen in the future. Overall keeps being a great show.
Indyan
Guyon wrote:
@snowboardalliance don't even get me started on LOST. 3 Season's of my life were lost on that program with no real questions answered.

A bit surprising considering that s3 did answer a good no. of questions. Of course none of the core questions are going to be answered till the end as otherwise we wont have a reason to glue in.

I think that is what essentially sets lost and heroes a part. Heroes is more the adrenaline rush kind of a show while LOST is solid story telling with very well developed characters and solid story telling.

This season there are a few things I hated about heroes :
i) They wasted so much time back in old age Japan. Hiro used to be the most interesting char in s1. They made him the most boring one in s2.
ii) The introduced characters just for the sake of adding new characters. Alexandro, Maya, micah's cousin (forgot her name). None of them had any part to play in the main story - the virus.

But even then it was entertaining. The last few episodes were awesome.