FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Many links and no high pagerank?

bnbrown
I have a site and that is registered for more than 3 months to sites and there are backlinks to mine. The interesting point is that pagerank shows 0 sitescore says I have no backlinks and I have no interactivity on my websites such as forms of email or guestbook or email subscription to mailing list. But in fact I have one email sender form and a guestbook. It is very astonishing how is it going.

I'm thinking of this: I had the site with .com domain for 1 year but then I lost my domain and a reseller bought it unfortunatelly. Now I use . net for more than a half a year. I don't know if it's the problem.

Google search find all my backlinks, anyhow.
niranvv
Google search is taking lot more time to find the backlinks!
I dont know why its like that! Wink
But link exchange is now considered as a drawback by Google bot!
Now, they wont increase your page rank!
So, try to avoid link exchange services!
I got some newsletter regarding this from some webmasters site!! Laughing
They are saying that, the links from link exchange pages wont count now a days and link to bad sites also decrease your page ranks!
But the inline links on othersites refering to your pages will increase your page rank!
That means,
if your site is giving some tutorials, say: some photoshop tutorials,
and some other related sites is saying like this:

some large tutorial...
you can find more details about photoshop tricks here

If that inline link refers to your site, then it will defenitly increase your page rank!
Laughing

Note: If two sites are having same contents then the second one wont be indexed correctly and also will be banned from indexing!
bnbrown
These links are inline links to my site, and I have a link back to them. Should I not have the links back? As far as I know I did not apply any link exchange service with my site. Rolling Eyes
dude_xyx
Do you have back links from web sites with Google PR ? if not find as many as you can, higher PRs links are better. i had a site with PR0 which had 2 PR5 back links in 3 months when the Google updete happned they jumped to PR3.
Ratman2050
bnbrown wrote:
I have a site and that is registered for more than 3 months to sites and there are backlinks to mine. The interesting point is that pagerank shows 0 sitescore says I have no backlinks and I have no interactivity on my websites such as forms of email or guestbook or email subscription to mailing list. But in fact I have one email sender form and a guestbook. It is very astonishing how is it going.

I'm thinking of this: I had the site with .com domain for 1 year but then I lost my domain and a reseller bought it unfortunatelly. Now I use . net for more than a half a year. I don't know if it's the problem.

Google search find all my backlinks, anyhow.

Sitescore is not a very useful tool. It is worhtless to me too.

I have a site that is 3 months old as well www.fantasy-pc.com

I used Iwebtool and did a lookup:

Baclinks: 817
Links to my site: 1060
Predicted PR: 5
Index on Google: 174
Index on Yahoo: 672
---

But sitescore doesnt show any links to me either, about a few weeks ago it said I had 18 quality links, now it says 0.

Although I am linked to over 10 PR4+ quality sites susch as www.halo3xbox.com , www.qesign.com , www.top92.net , www.cmforums.net etc. etc.

Thing is I dont like sitescore.
SoftStag
Google is notoriously bad for not showing any/all of the backlinks when you do a backlink search. Don't worry about it. You can see where your traffic comes from from you stats, this is far more important as it drives direct traffic.

People get overly concerned about PR; it is an indication of a site's importance, and nothing more. You can still have good SERPs with a low PR. Concentrate on your SERPs and driving traffic to your site. That is what SEO is about, not having a high PR and a big list of backlinks in Google.
loon
ya i agree... i use iwebtool to search as well

having quality link is very important as if you link it to a non related website it won't help at all
loosu
Since , many commercial crap sites , are up ,trading for LINK EXCHANGEs , google nowadays , puts a -1 for link exchanges .

Actually , these link farms , are being shown to people , using , tutorials .

Yeah , my friend got some , paid SEO , tutorials . They write about these link exchange sites , and get money advertising .

This is how they do a buisness . But it is no longer worth it .

one such site is www.linkmetro.com
Dragonfly
Useless links count for nothing.. they are just useless this is how I came to know from one of my sites that has so many links in many website guestbooks... google doesn't know even the homepage later on... that's about it..