FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Anime club

mrlego9
Im starting an anime club at my schooland was wondering wat might be cool to have at the club. I was thinking watch anime and read mangas but wat else chould we do?
QrafTee
mrlego9 wrote:
Im starting an anime club at my schooland was wondering wat might be cool to have at the club. I was thinking watch anime and read mangas but wat else chould we do?

Play games based on anime like Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. Talk about your favorite animes, the plotline, the characters, etc. There are a lot of things. Also tell them about any conventions around that is heavily based on anime, it doesn't have to be anything big (like how we had RECCAcon, but that's been discontinued).
ashen
Cosplaying, participating on every anime events, learn how to create manga, creating something related to anime and manga (like fanart,fanfic,douinshi,etc.). What do you think?
Scaramanga
I would recommend also getting involved in ADV's Anime ADVocates and Funimation's Operation Anime, both of which provide special incentives and promos for anime clubs (Funimation will actually send you first volume DVDs of shows, and ADV I believe sends out single episode screeners, along with coupons and stuff.)

Also, I highly recommend getting involved in any local anime/comic conventions.

One of the things I do, as one of the officers of our own local anime club (if you're in San Diego, CA and like anime, come check us out,) is, that since I buy a lot of trading figures and gashapons, I often end up with lots of duplicates and extras, and I use those as freebies and prizes for special events (such as last year's anime trivia challenge where the grand prize was the ENTIRE Evengelion series!)

And don't forget to promote your group. The more members you have, the more diversified you'll be (which is better IMO.) But above all, remember to have fun!
xframe
if you can get accesss to your school comouters i would try and start a site together. imagine the amount of content you could make with an entire club working on it.
driftingfe3s
The anime club in my high school had a bunch of torunments. Someone would bring in a PS2 and we would battle for prizes.
urbanbuddha
I'm the president of the anime club in my university.

I suggest that you plan a day every week or every two weeks to meet up and hang out. If you can try to visit your local anime/comic stores and see if you can get a discount or prizes to raffle off.

What we do is:
Anime Nights - our premiere bi-weekly events that show anime on a large projector. Sometimes we have pizza+pop. We usually have a raffle in the intermission.

Anime Day - same as anime nights, but we usually show ovas and movies at this time as these are once a month events.

Anime Library - members borrow unlicensed anime for a deposit of $5 and they can borrow 2 CDs

Manga Exchange - People bring in their own manga to share with others, or read our club's collection

Store Raid - no robbing involved, but basically we have anime store sponsors that give us discounts at their stores if we show our membership cards. We spend a whole day just walking around from shop to shop.

Hope that helps.
justjess
We have an anime club at school and they would have a few Japanese related activities [that doesn't interfere with our Japanese Club] or they would just watch anime. They would first have the members [alot o__o] vote on the anime they would like to see, and they would play it during lunch, or from a projector [like movie night] on friday nights.

They have a few socials, and also have cosplayers or just look at cosplaying pictures. Wink
jasrudin
I'm not sure if its ok to post here but guys go and take alook

Yahoo Japan has opened an official site (http://5cm.yahoo.co.jp/)for Makoto Shinkai's upcoming Byousoku 5 Centimeter, including a high-definition trailer. The film is compilation of short animated movies that premieres next spring in Shibuya theaters.

Link to the high-definition trailer here (http://i.yimg.jp/images/evt/5cm/teaser8000k1280_720.wmv)

Source: Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/)
Scaramanga
jasrudin wrote:
I'm not sure if its ok to post here but guys go and take alook

Yahoo Japan has opened an official site (http://5cm.yahoo.co.jp/)for Makoto Shinkai's upcoming Byousoku 5 Centimeter, including a high-definition trailer. The film is compilation of short animated movies that premieres next spring in Shibuya theaters.

Link to the high-definition trailer here (http://i.yimg.jp/images/evt/5cm/teaser8000k1280_720.wmv)

Source: Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/)

I know you're trying to get your 10 posts, but posting about something that has NOTHING to do with the thread topic, is NOT the way to do it. Evil or Very Mad

Also, regarding anime clubs; something we're doing at my club is creating a podcast. Now this is good if you're an active anime fan (as opposed to someone who just enjoys watching it, which is passive.) But it's certainly a good way to get the word out about your club.
illegalhost
I suggest that in order for your club to do well, there must be interaction amongst your members. Like this forum here, it is successful and fun cuz the members had to interact and keep on posting. Likewise, it would be good if your members could contribute or share videos and books. Also of course would be great if your state has any anime club also and you could join them as well and there would be greater sharing amongst each other. Your network would be wider. Like any other events that are big, tournaments is one of main crowd puller. Let the campus know that there would be competition of a certain anime game and would be great to pull off something big as those. At the same time you would attract more members to your club.
INeedHelp
I wish my school would have had something like this. It is sad that a lot of people that read and watch manga/anime are looked down upon. Personally I find that anime and manga have great stories you can't get anywhere else. Congrats on forming a club, I hope you get a lot of members!
Scaramanga
INeedHelp wrote:
I wish my school would have had something like this. It is sad that a lot of people that read and watch manga/anime are looked down upon. Personally I find that anime and manga have great stories you can't get anywhere else. Congrats on forming a club, I hope you get a lot of members!

If your school doesn't have a club why not get some people together yourself and form a club? Be sure and get a teacher to sponsor you though. Generally English teachers and drama teachers tend to be the best to use, as they're more receptive to the idea.