FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Sort Of Website Content?

Vanquish
I want to make a website for teens all around the world to go on. I don't want it to be something like a piczo website about myself, I want it to be something useful. I was thinking along the lines of a music website where people can listen to tracks on the site, or a website with pictures of modified cars and maybe even videos of drag races etc? I'm really undecided, but deffinately want to make a website about something, and it would be a bonus if my friends really liked it, and people found it useful or good. I've thought of things like rave sites, but i'm not that into rave, and I don't go to any raves, so it would be pointless. I've also thought about doing funny videos, even though there is so many out there! What are your views on these? All advice is appreciated!
Kind Regards,

Neal
TheSpaniard
Quote:
I want to make a website for teens all around the world to go on. I don't want it to be something like a piczo website about myself, I want it to be something useful. I was thinking along the lines of a music website where people can listen to tracks on the site, or a website with pictures of modified cars and maybe even videos of drag races etc? I'm really undecided, but deffinately want to make a website about something, and it would be a bonus if my friends really liked it, and people found it useful or good. I've thought of things like rave sites, but i'm not that into rave, and I don't go to any raves, so it would be pointless. I've also thought about doing funny videos, even though there is so many out there! What are your views on these? All advice is appreciated!

Fill your site with things that interest yourself, yet navigatable by those that share those interests. All of those things that you posted are good to offer on the site. You're a teen, you know what teens like.
RT Cunningham
Whoa! Horsey, whoa!

You have to decide what kind of content you want to provide before you start anything at all. There are way too many options, even once you decide, to skip that first step.

You have weblogs, forums, chat rooms, and many other website applications (and many freely available) for whichever direction you choose.

The best thing, regardless of what you use, is to try to be original and just be yourself. A blog is a good first step for many people. Feel your way around and have fun while you're doing it, or you won't be doing it for very long.

That was the best advice I could give, and I've been doing this for YEARS.
Vanquish
I wouldn't really like a blog, as I don't want to give out much information on myself, and my life isn't exactly interesting. Thanks for your input, I think I may go with music videos on my site.

Neal
deStructuralized
I think the key to a successful website is your own personal interest in the subject. If you're directly involved, and you're passionate about the network you're building or subject you're discussing, it'll be a lot easier to make the site friendly to people who share your passions.

Music videos is an interesting concept, just make sure your page layout is media friendly and uncluttered, and you have solid bandwidth for fast access. You've got sites like Youtube & Google Video to contend with.
Vanquish
Also, cars interest me alot, I could just stick to one type of car or something like that, and put pictures of them on a site? Maybe that will be interesting for people to see.

Neal
Vanilla Crazy
Teens love animated violence. Just saying...
Vanquish
I still haven't created a website 'nor have I got an idea what to make one about.

Neal
Muslim4life
lol just make a site of wat u think is the best to u or your favourite stuff, and pictures on it so others could see and share.
Drastic
Vanquish wrote:
I still haven't created a website 'nor have I got an idea what to make one about.

Neal

Read this thread and felt rather surprised, as I'd assumed the main reason for people joining Frihost was that they needed hosting space, yet I see you have posted 298 times and yet haven't created a site....

Perhaps your life is more interesting than you think! There must have been something to write 298 posts about!

You could take one of two approaches to the problem:

1. Decide as it is your first site it will be experimental. So it doesn't have to be exactly right or even something you are passionate about, just whatever you feel you want to set up as a way of finding out what works for you. In the process of designing something you may discover what you want the site to be about - though it may mean more work changing things later as your ideas develop.

2. Discuss the concept with friends and decide upon a theme that you feel really enthusiastic about. Getting input from others may help you come up with ideas and talk through what you would enjoy. And getting other people involved will also help the site take off in the early days. It is discouraging to put a lot of work in then have a site no one visits...

Hope an inspiration comes to you!

Drastic