FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ladies, how do you like your guys to smell?

JoeFriday
everyone knows women love smelly stuff.. that's why you can't drive 6 blocks without seeing a Bath & Bodyworks store, or walk into a department store without getting sprayed in the eyes by some sadistic woman selling perfume or cologne

this is a question that most guys wonder, I think.. what cologne or other scent drives you women crazy? what would you buy for your guy?

it might help a little if you included the age range of the guys you date, so we can get an idea of whether preferences change with age
hsandhu21
Weird thing i read somewhere that Eternity from Calvin Klein was voted for two years in a row by women as one of the most erotic scents I personally wear Armani Black and get quite a bit of comments
benjmd
Here are the tips I have gotten from girls I know:

(1) Avoid feminine scents

(2) Avoid smelling too strong (i.e. less than half the bottle of cologne)

(3) Every girl gets jollies from different groupings of scent types

(4) Being clean with decent breath is #1 good scent

(5) Dude, that Axe and Tag stuff really does work...
maclui
Quote:

really, how can you tell?
indeedwrestling
maclui wrote:
Quote:

i bought someone online and almost immediately hot women from around the world began IMing me.. at least, they SAID they were women.. hmmmm
Nexchin
Yeah yeah Razz! Axe is good but it smells too strong... My opinion! Very Happy
jharsika
Axe and Tag do smell good! BUT guys always spray a disgusting amount, or use it as a replacement for deodorant. This is not good. Use actual pit stick, one spritz of that shit, and you're good to go. Yes good breath is good too...... One thing I noticed is that my friends and I really like the smell of just a normal clean guy, not his perfume. Like natural smell, pheromones or something. Maybe we're just freaks.

** Girls also like guys who smell like their fathers.....eheh
em0o
i like personally like the cartier scent and the art of shaving. lol, it's such a manly scent! i have guys who smell of bo or look sweaty. Its only hot if the guy has nice skin and is fit.
secret_soul
I must say that my friends and I were discussing this very topic just the other day and we all came to the conclusion that Lynx deodorant is our favourite smell for a guy. Most girls I know own one themselves, just because they love it so much.
JoeFriday
apparently Lynx is sold as Axe in the US.. so this seems to be a popular scent
Lviter
I cant stand Axe smell. Better not using strong things like that.

Most of all, you should take more than one bath a day if you sweat too much. The best perfume is the scent of cleaning.
HoboPelican
Hmm, my wife falls into the "get that stuff off and throw it away" group in regards to Axe. She has a VERY sensitive nose and Ive spent literally 100s of bucks trying to find a scent she likes. Finally started dragging her along when I shopped and she decided on some stuff from Guess. But, of course, I have to go with an unscented deordorant or else the clash destroys the effect.
So I have one scented deordorant for normal days when I need to smell pleasant for the world and another unscented to use with the Guess for Men that my sweetie likes! Sheesh.

This probably seems obvious to the ladies (and some men, I'm sure) but Im a simple soul and am not used to having multiple things for basically the same purpose. Smile Needless to say, it IS worth the effort. Wink
meet in rio
I just like people in general to smell really clean rather than be drenched in perfumed substances. Lots of showers, fabric softener, antiperspirant and toothpaste!
happypeso
I'm not smoking, never did, and never will. I think it's fairly disgusting. I just hate it when I'm eating something somewhere, and there's someone smoking next to me. Luckily, the government has prohibited that in my country now.

I'm just wondering, is it really that hard to quit smoking? I mean, there are a lot of ways to stop smoking, I see advertisements of it every day everywhere.

Well, in my case, I wouldn't even think about starting to smoke, it costs too much money

Perhaps a good idea would be to have your partner put away the money, so you can't buy any cigarrettes anymore

By the way, I'm not personally attacking people here, just giving my opinion on smoking.
HoboPelican
happypeso wrote:
By the way, I'm not personally attacking people here, just giving my opinion on smoking.

That's fine, but you should be posting that in a topic about smoking, not one on how ladies like a guy to smell. You didn't even address it in terms of of smell. Please, be careful to keep your posts on topic.
brilliantbeauty
jharsika wrote:
Axe and Tag do smell good! BUT guys always spray a disgusting amount, or use it as a replacement for deodorant. This is not good. Use actual pit stick, one spritz of that |censored|, and you're good to go. Yes good breath is good too...... One thing I noticed is that my friends and I really like the smell of just a normal clean guy, not his perfume. Like natural smell, pheromones or something. Maybe we're just freaks.

Agreed. I know this one guy who has the perfect amount and I could just stand there in his arms sniffing it all day. Rolling Eyes But in general guys BATHE in it. DON"T do that.

But I really love?
-Black (by Kenneth Cole? Or is it Armani? I don't remember)
-Ralph Lauren Blue (when I'm thinking clean-cut)
-Fahrenheit by Dior

But the biggest thing with all of these is you CANNOT bathe in it. A small dab will do jsut fine. Smile
meet in rio
HoboPelican wrote:
happypeso wrote:

That's fine, but you should be posting that in a topic about smoking, not one on how ladies like a guy to smell. You didn't even address it in terms of of smell. Please, be careful to keep your posts on topic.

I think it was probably accidental - there's a 'Do you smoke?' topic on this board and he probably just wrote in the wrong window. =/
gufan
This sounds like a terrorist, I rarely and women out to buy things
benjmd
gufan wrote:
This sounds like a terrorist, I rarely and women out to buy things

This sentence is grammatically incorrect. It has no meaning as far as I can tell. And so, to address the tone of this thread, it stinks!
mialynavahy
yeah Axe is too strong, Hugo Boss (all) very good Smile
JoeFriday
my girlfriend and I were walking through a department store the other day and I saw a display for AXE.. I asked her if she liked it.. she took a wiff and gave it a solid thumbs down

I believe AXE and TAG are popular with younger people who are attracted to strong 'primary' sensual experiences.. younger people favor basic tastes such as 'sweet' or 'sour' without much interplay between the two.. it's with age and experience that a person's sensual preferences become more sophisticated, and a person seeks out more subtle scents and tastes

I'd venture to guess that AXE/TAG are very popular among the under-30 crowd.. and it would be fairly unpopular among those who are older

as for my girlfriend.. she told me the Eternity I normally wear suits me very well
bonestorm74
Doesn't seem like there's a lot of females on this forum... Smile
JoseRizal
hsandhu21 wrote:
Weird thing i read somewhere that Eternity from Calvin Klein was voted for two years in a row by women as one of the most erotic scents ...

hey, i've been wearing Eternity the past couple of years.
coincidence? i think not Very Happy
darvit
I like clean smelling guys. As long as they don't disguise their b.o. with perfume, and if they smell clean and look clean, then they're fine. Smile
Kerosan
I heard lot's of people hate the smell of Axe. You know, just because it smells nice to guys doesn't mean it'll smell good to girls. You know what you should do, go shopping with your girl (if you have one) and go to a cologne store. Both of you test out which one smells nice and you can get her opinion! Very Happy Very Happy

That's a good way to know the type or kind of cologne that a women might like. Better yet, you'll know what your girl likes! Very Happy
holly.rebecca
I actually prefer that a guy DOESN'T smell like anything. I don't wear any perfumes or scents myself, and I don't like it when guys do. It seems very artificial to me (and no, I'm not a hippie or anything like that). I like for a guy to be clean and well-dressed and well-groomed, but no cologne please! Oh, BTW I'm in my early 30s and guys I date tend to be in their 30s also.

Probably wasn't the kind of answer you wanted, but that's my opinion!
arkebuzer
indeedwrestling wrote:
maclui wrote:
Quote:

i bought someone online and almost immediately hot women from around the world began IMing me.. at least, they SAID they were women.. hmmmm

its so great it even smells over the internet? Shocked

Women like masculine men, and masculine men smell sweat! Showering more than once a week is totally over rated, you are what you smell Wink

Seriously though, I have no idea what women like, I personally just use a deodorant that does not smell much at all, it just eliminates sweat smell. I cant say its working wery good though, lol. But I dont think smell is the problem, doing success with women is probably more about having a good personality than smelling good... at least I hope (or I will have to spend more cash on cologne, lol)
benjmd
Axe is not one smell... They have a whole line of scents... and I have asked several girls if they like it and they do... So unless you have tried every scent and gotten a poor reaction to every single scent in their product line, prolly good to be more specific than just "Axe is horrible." You just have to be smart enough to not drown yourself in it. Put on too much of any cologne and most people won't like it. I've heard it recommended that you should put on just enough that when someone comes close for a hug or something they can smell it but if they are standing at a friendly distance from you it is barely or not at all detectable.
Serafina
Axe and Tag, when used sparingly, smells really good on a guy. However they are not replacements for deodorant and no one wants to smell it in a huge cloud in the air.
JoeFriday
holly.rebecca wrote:
I actually prefer that a guy DOESN'T smell like anything. I don't wear any perfumes or scents myself, and I don't like it when guys do. It seems very artificial to me (and no, I'm not a hippie or anything like that). I like for a guy to be clean and well-dressed and well-groomed, but no cologne please! Oh, BTW I'm in my early 30s and guys I date tend to be in their 30s also.

Probably wasn't the kind of answer you wanted, but that's my opinion!

actually, that's the best answer I've read so far.. I mostly feel the same way.. I do like a woman who wears perfume.. but only for special occasions.. the majority of the time, I don't want to be distracted by the way she smells.. I'd rather enjoy her for who and what she naturally is
fbcompany
lynx (or axe and tag in states). Yuck!

Its such a 13yr old boy thing.

When ever i smell it, it makes me feel so ill inside.

Its probably just my reaction to past experiences with people using it.

Wrank as BO covered up with litres of lynx, is one of the foulist smells around.

So whenever I smell lynx i subconsiously imagine smelly dirty 13yr olds who havent washed in years.
m-m-w
I think the best smell (for us guyz) should be just the smell of a nice clean shower with just a sprincle of any good sent... that's my oppinion.. I mean if you gotta use lots than ..ummmm .. I think your tryin to hide somethin Razz
furtasacra
jharsika wrote:
Axe and Tag do smell good! BUT guys always spray a disgusting amount, or use it as a replacement for deodorant. This is not good. Use actual pit stick, one spritz of that shit, and you're good to go. Yes good breath is good too...... One thing I noticed is that my friends and I really like the smell of just a normal clean guy, not his perfume. Like natural smell, pheromones or something. Maybe we're just freaks.

I agree with most of this except that last statement - my guy bought a little grab-bag type deal with three different Axe scents, and one of them smells like the Right Guard underarm deodorant that my elderly father used. MAJOR turnoff.

I think men tend to use too much cologne because their sense of smell is less acute than women's. By the time THEY think it's enough to smell good, the potted plants are shriveling up, the paint is coming off the walls, and their girlfriend staggered out of the house with a nosebleed and collapsed on the lawn ten minutes ago. Laughing
BowDownToAna
I hate when guys smell bad. There is a boy who has a locker above mine at school, and he smells SO BAD! but one day, he wore cologne. just the littlest bit, and he smelled really good!

Don't wear a lot, but do wear some. I do this with my perfume: Spray whatever you have on your shirt the night BEFORE work or school.
filet
I like guys who smell fresh and clean..something like peppermint . He gives the impression of a person who takes care of his appearance, hygiene and personal care, energetic... I came across this guy in a lift..hmm smell so fresh, and helps too that he is good looking!!!
amicalindia
My sweat has the same smell as Axe and Tag. I m planning to bottle it and sell it online on internet. Anyone interested?

maclui wrote:
Quote:

sopetite
Smell like he just took a bath, which is asking too much for some men
ssthanapati
So round up the things we can say that according 2 women :

1) Men smell best when they are clean and smell fresh, like just after taking a bath

2) Watever perfume or deo u use, use just a lil bit of it.

3) Best idea wud be to take ur grl with u for shopping wen hunting for deo's or perfumes

Thats it i guess.... So did i miss nething?
ssthanapati
BTW wat do guys like me do who sweat a lot and even AXE isint even strong enough.

Try using BRUT. It does the trick. Wink
sopetite
ssthanapati wrote:
So round up the things we can say that according 2 women :

1) Men smell best when they are clean and smell fresh, like just after taking a bath

2) Watever perfume or deo u use, use just a lil bit of it.

3) Best idea wud be to take ur grl with u for shopping wen hunting for deo's or perfumes

Thats it i guess.... So did i miss nething?

Don't use women's perfume. Man that sucks big time when i smell feminine perfume on men
russel26
well i cant say any more.. all thats already say this..topic.. LoL
Daisie
Nothing will beat the smell of soap!

If that dont work Le Male from Jean-Paul Gautier will do for me Wink