FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guild Wars : Nightfall

Timonator
Arena net is realeasing its third campaign, named Nightfall. The them is meditterean/ southern Africa. It has a lot of new features compared to the previous versions now you can control and equip your henchmens and Hero's
There will also be a feature to make own templates for pvp play. Something i am waiting for a long time Smile The release date is planned for 27 october but you can get pre order kits now. I myself will buy the collectors edition i was to late with factions but now i will camp at the doors of the gameshop Cool
Nitro15
I played I think it is cool how they are adding more and more I just wish they would release a free new class. Or something like you can play all calsses to like 10 or someting before you had to buy the game. Because now i dont know what I want to get Factions or Nightfall because i am not getting both.
Tasa
Nitro15 wrote:
I played I think it is cool how they are adding more and more I just wish they would release a free new class. Or something like you can play all calsses to like 10 or someting before you had to buy the game. Because now i dont know what I want to get Factions or Nightfall because i am not getting both.

Get Nightfall, it is better or at least the preview was more fun for me.

Like Timonator said the ability to customize heros. Not so much the equipment although you will be able to upgrade with runes. But more about skills and weapons.

The pace the game sets is nice with factions you were rushed to lvl 20 this is just a nice pace. The new class are fun and differant. The holy warrior dervish who realys on the gods to protect them and the Paragons chants to make you stronger.

I also know a lot of people plan to leave Cantha behind when Nightfall comes out. It was hard enough do things like alliance battles waiting for enough people to join in. It will be that much hard when a lot of people never set foot on Cantha again.

Also I feel the I should restate some of the stuff Timonator has said to make them more clear.

You can customize Heros which are advanced henchmen, but you can NOT do any customization to normal henchies. Like I said before you can not change your Heros armour, but you can upgrade the armour with runes and such.

The templates are not just PvP templates, but just skill/attributes templates. Making it quick and easy to switch from like a trapper ranger build to a barrage/pet ranger build. Which is one of the most asked about features in the game. Many players sang the praise of Anet when that news was released.

Also Nitro15 if you want to play GW I do have a 14 day 10 hour trail pack so you can try it out. just PM me.
Saryon
Ye it probably is very nice.
I've enjoyed playing the first campaign, and then the new one with previous expansion. And now they're releasing another expansion.

I really can't wait to play it, especially a new class Very Happy
Any new/special features in it, haven't read everything yet?
Tasa
Saryon wrote:
Ye it probably is very nice.
I've enjoyed playing the first campaign, and then the new one with previous expansion. And now they're releasing another expansion.

I really can't wait to play it, especially a new class Very Happy
Any new/special features in it, haven't read everything yet?

The big thing is the Heros. You can have up to 3 heros with you at a time they are like advanced henchies. You pick the skills/weapons and can even add runes to the armour they wear.

You can also set the Heros skill bar off to the side and get them to cast the skills you want them to cast. Meaning if you want to you can have 4 skill bars open and play 4 characters at a time. I didn't try this, but some people in my alliance did and they said it was nice.
roach831
i heard of this game but never actually played it my friends say its a good game but i think its just another simple and plain game
Timonator
roach831 wrote:
i heard of this game but never actually played it my friends say its a good game but i think its just another simple and plain game

Well i think you should try it Smile
And ask if someone can give you a 14day/10 hours trial key. I will take myself as an example, I played over 1,000 hours over 15 months and I am still not bored of the game. As for most games i get tired playing them for 2 weeks. It's a unique game and I think you need to expirience it for yourself and judge if the game suits you.
Darkfall
I tried Nightfall and it was _REALLY_ good.

Classes are pretty boring but heck, its new.
Tasa
Darkfall wrote:
I tried Nightfall and it was _REALLY_ good.

Classes are pretty boring but heck, its new.

I loved the new classes. Once I got use it it. Funy thing is I though for sure that I would like the dervish more, but after finishing the 2nd mission I created a Paragon and was loving it...took her all over the island made her a sunspear commander and had a lot of fun using her chants to make my ranger hero really affective. A barrage that sets everyone on fire is just too cool.
Darkfall
Yeah, the paragon was pretty cool but I still prefer Assassin over the Dervish.
Tasa
Darkfall wrote:
Yeah, the paragon was pretty cool but I still prefer Assassin over the Dervish.

I was not a big fan of the assassin. I figured out that I really don't like the front line fighter class. My fist character that I played all the way through chapter 1 was a necro. And then my ranger who has finished chapter 2 also. I created a warrior for factions and she is still on Shin jin island. I just like sitting on the back lines causing trouble. Which I had lots of fun doing with a paragon. That skill they had (sorry I forget the name) that made it so that anyone with in earshot the next wepon attack cause burning for so many seconds based on your leadership. You then have a ranger do barrage and you have the whole group on badies on fire.

Man it was great.
Ghost900
I played the World Preview just this last weekend and I am defenitly going to get it. I really liked how you can customize the heros to your liking and how you can tell them where to go and to be aggressive or b passive but also the fact that you can give your hero any skills that you have unlocked. However I used a trial account because my main account is full so I didn't have any skills unlocked but I am very exited for the release so I can use the skills Very Happy
Egmond
I played the preview too; the Heroes are just a great addition, it makes the game much less boring if you play four charracters. And of course you're no more dependent on the (hopeless) AI of your henchmen...

I haven't seen anything of that 'build-store' function, suppose that's because i was playing with a trial account too (also full main account ^^)??
nathanuk
I'm a guild wars freak. Every day i sit in the collage libary on the computers reasearching stuff like armour,skills and location. I played the preview for nightfall and factions when it was new. I originaly thought the previews where very restricted. I did not enjoy them as much as the full realise.

I now spend alot of time on guild wars and im on my way to making my third lvl 20. Im going for a whole collection of level 20's hopefully two from each campaign. I've been playing guild wars since the realise of the originall campaign a.k.a. Prophercies. Compared to factions it was very very hard but all the more rewarding.

MMORPG are more rewarding the more you progress becuase you have somthing you can show of to other people, not saying im arrogant but it feels good to be one of the only high levels around.Very Happy

I would recommend buying this game to anybody. It is great for what you get. First of all it has no monthly subscriptions fee's for once, which is very good. If your not a sociable person do NOT get this game as it require alot of team work. Over all the missions are fun to play the quests are good and the story is allways very interesting. Also do not hope to get rich on this game if you get bored very easily it will happen.

Over all i find MMORPG's to be alot of fun to play but becarefull. If you really get into this game you could find your sociallife suffering as it does take along time. But if your sad like me Very Happy you could find your self spending hours of fun on the game...
When you finish the role playing side of the game and you dont feel like making another PvE(play vs enemy)char there is the pvp side of the game whitch is very amusing. I mean who wouldnt find smashing someone's virtual head in with a hammer (i know i enjoy it).

There is alot of competition in PvP such as hall of heroes where you can battle people from all around the world to keep the favour of the gods for your country/continent. With guild wars factions there is allience battles where you can win faction points for your guild wich grants access to towns for your guild factions, wether that is luxon or kurzick. There is also just normall team battles, without the stress of competition.

Over all i recomend this game to any MMORPG gamer and i look forward to playing night fall. Which is realised on 27th of october. I hope any body looking to buy this game found it helpfull and anybody who allready plays guild wars just enjoyed reading this post.

When/if i get my website i will probably post my acounts progress on the forums and will be publishing free player guids. If anybody would like to talk to me in guild wars my name is ilya maulus.
Tasa
Wow nathanuk do you work for Anet? Laughing

That was a great review of the guildwars games and you really hit the nail on the head so to speak with all the features.

Although I have do have to disagree a little with Egmond. Frankly I think the hero AI is just a small step above the henchmen AI. It will take a lot of time to get them set up the way you want. It seem it is very much like the dobblerganger from chapter one. Any anyone who has played a necro can tell you it is real easy to get him to kill him self.

But I did have fun this weekend and I will spend countless hours adjusting my Heros skills to make them do what I want them to do.

If you have been thinking about getting nightfall this is the chapter to do it.
nathanuk
Wow thanks tasa i wish you worked for frihost mabye then i get my site
Quote:
Wow nathanuk do you work for Anet? Laughing

That was a great review of the guildwars games and you really hit the nail on the head so to speak with all the features.
Actualy made me smile that i gave some one usefull infomation. Thanks for that comment
Yantaal
i have a necro and fought my dopplegangr not long ago, i wiped the loser out.

wait, does that make me a loser?

i like rangers and necros mostly, ooh i couod be a ranger neco and have a ranger with minions, and a pet, and a flesh golum. Best ability in the game? i think so, ibought factions just to gtet that skill
Rebzie
I've only played the original guild wars, have they improved the ai very much in in expansions becasue when i played the henchmen were useless and i often ended up having henchmen and normally a few player because it was near impoosibleto get a group together in story mode.
Egmond
Quote:
I now spend alot of time on guild wars and im on my way to making my third lvl 20. Im going for a whole collection of level 20's hopefully two from each campaign. I've been playing guild wars since the realise of the originall campaign a.k.a. Prophercies. Compared to factions it was very very hard but all the more rewarding.

MMORPG are more rewarding the more you progress becuase you have somthing you can show of to other people, not saying im arrogant but it feels good to be one of the only high levels around.

In guildwars it isnīt that hard to reach lvl 20 (especialy not in Factions) so i donīt see what you mean with being the high level... From half of the game on everyone is lever 20, so thereīs nothing to show off with your level... (Though special and expesive armor is a good way)

You can even say itīs more of a 3rd person strategy game then an RPG, because you need to create a good build, and match it with the build of you group. The role-playing and improving your charracter is definitely not the main challange of the game, so i donīt see why everybody calls it a mmoRPG. (but i shouldnīt know hoiw they should call it then :S)
Timonator
Egmond wrote:
Quote:

MMORPG are more rewarding the more you progress becuase you have somthing you can show of to other people, not saying im arrogant but it feels good to be one of the only high levels around.

In guildwars it isnīt that hard to reach lvl 20 (especialy not in Factions) so i donīt see what you mean with being the high level... From half of the game on everyone is lever 20, so thereīs nothing to show off with your level... (Though special and expesive armor is a good way)

You can even say itīs more of a 3rd person strategy game then an RPG, because you need to create a good build, and match it with the build of you group. The role-playing and improving your charracter is definitely not the main challange of the game, so i donīt see why everybody calls it a mmoRPG. (but i shouldnīt know hoiw they should call it then :S)

I agree to that it is quite a unique type of gameplay. But because it is online they call it MMORPG. Guess I also dont know another way to bescribe the gameplay
Tasa
Timonator wrote:
Egmond wrote:
Quote:

I agree to that it is quite a unique type of gameplay. But because it is online they call it MMORPG. Guess I also dont know another way to bescribe the gameplay

Didn't Anet describe as somethng like a CMMORPG with the C standing for corpapertive or something like. It is not like youtypical MMORP that is for sure. It is always funny to see people compare games like WoW to GW. Personal I enjoy both games just prefer GW.
Egmond
I think just action game is the best way to describe it, you just get right into the action unlike in RPGs where you have walk for ages before you get to you fight. In adition, it's like in most action games a 'closed' world, you just can't fall off anywhere, it's a straight line you have to follow.

So i'd propose to call it an CMMOAG :p