FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do guys need to shave?

Sadow
Okay, this is a question for all the ladies out there. It's a real serious question and I will probably follow the advice of what the ladies like.
What hair should a guy shave?
I want all details please, also your opinion on armpits, breast hair and pubic hair. Tell us guys how we should shave the filthy stuff.
tom69
Yeah i've been wondering about this too, cmon girls we needz da info Wink

My information or TO DO's would be: shave ur scrotum, no laughing
JoeFriday
first of all, you guys need to narrow down your target audience.. what age group are you asking? if you leave it wide open, you'll get very contrary responses

altho I personally doubt you'll get any women over the age of 24 answering, anyway

and just for the record, I believe the rule should be "do unto yourself as you wish others to do unto themselves".. meaning, if you want them to be smooth, you ought to be willing to do the same

but I think women are much more interested in how you smell as opposed to where you shave.. and every woman has a different preference for shaving practices.. but they all think the same when it comes to showering
Denime
what guys should shave? I totally agree with the reply above, except for the age difference. I think you should maintain some kinda standard of what is acceptable for yourself, and what is wanted by the opposite sex.

Fact is, that in a few decades we are all supposed to remove all bodyhair, to fit in the needs of women. Men have set increasingly higher standards to the womens beauty, and so will they when emancipation increases in western society.

So for as long as you are able to enjoy the joys of having hair on your chin , chest and legs do it!

What i do?

Trim my head and beard, i don't care about girls that dont like that..
I like it, and that is most important.
-Shave my <removed by wumingsden>
-Always trim my bush, cause you don't want her to have a bush, so it makes sense she thinks the same thing. (or do you?)
-Trim armpits, especially if you like to wear tanktops. Many girls think it looks pretty "unfresh" when you have armpits with long hair. Trimming or even shaving will also help against sweating, because deodorant works better without hair.

Hope you find this info a bit usefull..
hsandhu21
I think it's all about personal preference I personally shave just about everything and that just because i'm and athletic guy and i have this weird hair phobia it makes me sweat more as well which i do not like.
m00tmuffin
I think face when needed, otherwise nothing else. I have some guy friends that shave their armpits and legs and I think that's just beyond creepy. Sometimes facial hair is good, othertimes it's nice to see a clean-shaven guy...and sometimes facial hair just doesn't look good on some guys, so they should keep it off all the time. Pubic hair sometimes, maybe, but I don't really care...some girls are super freaky about that.
Vanilla
JoeFriday wrote:
but I think women are much more interested in how you smell as opposed to where you shave.. and every woman has a different preference for shaving practices.. but they all think the same when it comes to showering

Yep, that's right. I don't really care about guys that shave, I just want a guy that don't spend more time shaving himself than being with me. Laughing
marcmgeronimo
I just use a disposable gillette shaver and some non foaming face soap to serve as my shaving lubricant. It works well for me. =)
secret_soul
If you don't want to shave then make sure you wash a lot. It's not the hair I mind but the dirt it collects.
Mezza
Sadow wrote:
Okay, this is a question for all the ladies out there. It's a real serious question and I will probably follow the advice of what the ladies like.
I want all details please, also your opinion on armpits, breast hair and pubic hair. Tell us guys how we should shave the filthy stuff.

Haha! Shave the places you want to <removed by wumingsden>!
Hair in the armpits are okay, but not loooong hair!.. haha
wumingsden
Note: FriHost should be a child-friendly site. For this reason some posts have been edited. Please leave some things to the imagination for the sake of the children Wink Thank you

On a personal note I don't mind hair, as long as theres not a lot. As long as the person is clean, that is all that matters.
On a side note, I shave/use hair removal cream/wax just about everywhere/everything('s). Except for my eyebrows/hair on my head (and arms as there's not much hair there) but this doesn't mean that every girl or guy I go out with has to do the same. Personally though I like waxed guys/girls but that is just a preference.
JoeFriday
m00tmuffin wrote:
I have some guy friends that shave their armpits and legs and I think that's just beyond creepy.

I trim my armpit hair, but don't actually shave it

and I used to shave my legs when I was really into biking.. a few women thought it was weird, but once I explained the reason for it, they thought it was perfectly fine.. and I've had a few women tell me they think shaved legs on guys is super hot.. as long as the guys are athletic
dmntr
Hey? girls ? and what do you usually shave ? Laughing Wink
brilliantbeauty
Okay, I like my guys clean cut or just with a bit of stubble, so I say facial hair is osmehting to be taken care of.

Don't shave the reigon down under please, it really is quite- odd. Like models, so many fo them shave and its just kind of weird.

Armpit hair should be trimmed, not shaved in my opinion.

And thats my two cents. Smile

And dmntr, what do woman shave? Legs, armpits, bikini line. Smile Oh and of course we wax and tweeze facial hair. I personally only do eyebrows, but some girls with especially prevalent hair on their upper lip will wax that too.
arkebuzer
JoeFriday wrote:
first of all, you guys need to narrow down your target audience.. what age group are you asking? if you leave it wide open, you'll get very contrary responses

altho I personally doubt you'll get any women over the age of 24 answering, anyway

and just for the record, I believe the rule should be "do unto yourself as you wish others to do unto themselves".. meaning, if you want them to be smooth, you ought to be willing to do the same

You have a point there, but I dont completely agree. If I want to have a beard that does not mean I would ever accept a woman with beard Razz
As far as I have heard women in often dont mind men with body hair (some even find it very attractive, and masculine), on the other hand I dont know any man who would like to have a woman with hair in armpits and so on. It´s not politically correct, but that´s my honest thoughs.
jobu
I think the keyword is trim.

Trim it all guys, no need to shave bald, but women like hair in thier mouth about as much as we do. After you make the initial impression on a women she learns to love ya for who you are but rule of thumb is...

Keep it trimmed all the way around.
If your back is hairy its ok but if it makes you self concious, get a wax once per month.

Put your free time into taking care of you body. you only get one in this life.

and food wise remember the golden rule
GIGO= Garbage in, Garbage out.

What you put into your body, you get back in performance.
mikakiev
First of all they should shave their facies.
shindig
Overall, unless you're ridiculously hairy, there's no real need for a man to shave anything.

Personally I don't want my boyfriend to shave his arms/chest/back/legs/armpits at all, I prefer him to keep the hair (I guess it appeals to me because it's masculine?).

However it is nice when he trims his pubic hair... not shaved (not worth the ingrown hairs), just trimmed to keep it neat and easy to handle.

EDIT: Forgot about the face. My ideal is short stubble, don't mind clean shaven, don't mind a slight beard, don't mind slight sideburns, but strongly dislike moustaches and chops.
TBSC
Sadow wrote:

Good question tho I haven't thought about it too much. I think beard/mustache and armpit hair is good to shave. I think chesthair is nice. Goaties or trimmed beard/mustache are also ok.
HamsterMan
Yeah please tell us, so that I can avoid shaving it to fight the power... erm, the girls.
mejo1900
ASK YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

Personally I hate mustaches, but beards are okay. I go either way on chest hair (but if you spend a lot of time with your shirt off and are trying to attract the average girl I would suggest shaving that). Shaving anything else is just wrong in my book, but every girl is different. I would say for the average girl you should shave your face and chest, but not bellow your belly button unless you are really hairy (a treasure trail is hot)
mejo1900
I didn't think about the whole trimming things. If you have unruly armpit hair that can be trimmed.

Also, another girl said stubble is hot, which is often true looks wise. However, it sucks when making-out so once you get a girl ask her preference.
internetjobs
this topics going to be very serious one.. any we we can get many thoughts from girls.. but i found very few posts from girls..
atul2242
a stubble looks good Cool
but when you are making out there is nothing better than a beard
Very Happy

nice soft one
sestrooper
Guess ill just spray deodrant them if the ladys seem to like the smell D!
Crinoid
Ask your mother-in-law, or would to be one, if you want the topic covered in all details Laughing

Quote:

Couldn't agree more.

Quote:

Not the head.
I, personally, like to see a good hair on the head, not a worn faded bristle brush type or what looks like a bad case of typhoid fever.
You asked...

Any other area - "do unto yourself as you wish others to do unto themselves" Wink
Melacos
I heard a radio show the other day, where a poll-question going out to the male listeners was something like: "Do you shave your private area?".

This isn't that interesting in itself, what is interesting was the answer. 90% of the repliants were constantly shaved hairless down there! I would't in any sense have imagined this, and frankly I find it a little disturbing. Though I guess this tells more about which segment is actually listening to this show (not counting in myself of course;)) and also about who chose to answer the question, it's kinda amazing in some way...