FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what mouse?

Saber
Hey, well Im thinking about getting a laptop soon, and I know that just using the track pad wont do for me.

Anyone out there know of good wireless, usb, or bluetooth mice that are worth looking at?

-saber
diduknowthat
How much are you willing to spend on this mouse? Is this mouse just for normal usage, or do you want it for gaming and such?
Saber
Quote:
How much are you willing to spend on this mouse? Is this mouse just for normal usage, or do you want it for gaming and such?

oh heh, I guess that would be a good thing to mention, thanks for bringing that up.

I guess Im willing to spend around $50 I guess, more or less if its a nice one. It would be more for gaming that anything. That help?

-saber
psycosquirrel
Logitech makes some nice mice. I know its a bit out of your price range, but this mouse is amazing: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104203

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104193 would be decent in your price range. If you go wired, you have more options. Wired mice are better for gaming anyways, they are lighter so you can react faster. If you decide to go wired, you could get the G5: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104191 which is basically a gaming mouse.
Saber
hmm... thanks for the info, now I just need to get around to going to a store and seeing how they feel.

Thanks again

-saber
RT Cunningham
There are several different Logitech mice to choose from. I have a wireless, optical mouse with a USB dongle (dang, don't know what to really call it). The mouse is the longer version, so it fits in my hand better. They have shorter ones for about the same price.

I don't use a mouse pad although some people do. I just slide it around on my desktop. I love this thing. I haven't changed the battery in 6 months and it just keeps on working. Of course, I use the keyboard way more than the mouse. This is the best setup for my laptop.

I think I spent $40 for it at Fry's Electronics.
Saber
Quote:
I think I spent $40 for it at Fry's Electronics.

man... I hear about fry's all the time, but there isnt one in wisconsin. -_-

I also dont use a mouse pad but I'm thinking about using one. The mouse that I have on my desk top is wearing down on th e bottom. I know I hold the mouse at a slight angle or soemthing because its just that one side.

I was thinking about it more, and I still cant decide, wireless or not.

I know that wireless doesnt have that response time
but on the pluss side it doesnt have a cord that you have to deal with. Also you dont have to be at your laptop to click things. Sitting back and still being able to use your mouse on the laptop thats sitting on your desk helps my lazyness.

But then with the cord I get a lighter non battery quick mouse.

Oh well, I guess Ill just have to do some testing, Thanks for all the input.

-Saber
RT Cunningham
Wrong. The wireless mouse operates just as fast as a wired one. The first ones that came out were a little sluggish, but they solved that problem a long time ago.
Bones
Personally, I really like the Microsoft 5 button Intellimouse.
It's wired, (I don't like wireless mice because it would be just my like to be in the middle of a CounterStrike Source session when the batteries decide to die, and I have no spares). It's also optical (I wouldn't consider anything but optical)

I got it on sale for like $20, but I think the regular price is in the $30-40 range.
diduknowthat
Bones wrote:
Personally, I really like the Microsoft 5 button Intellimouse.
It's wired, (I don't like wireless mice because it would be just my like to be in the middle of a CounterStrike Source session when the batteries decide to die, and I have no spares). [/quote'

I got it on sale for like $20, but I think the regular price is in the $30-40 range.

That's why you get a mouse with a battery indicator on it Very Happy

Quote:
It's also optical (I wouldn't consider anything but optical)

Really? What about lasers? Cool
Bones
diduknowthat wrote:

The mice with lasers are optical mice..unless you are talking about something funky like gyro-mice
diduknowthat
Bones wrote:
diduknowthat wrote:

The mice with lasers are optical mice..unless you are talking about something funky like gyro-mice

I'm not an expert in this, but my laser mouse, mx1000, uses literally a laser...You can only see it if you pointed the little lense directly at an angle into your eye, not like an optical where it's just this big blob of red light shining through.
thermaltake
the razor copperhead is the nicst mouse out their. its got a 200dpi lase. which is a deam. i reccomend it for the extremem gamig parties outhere.
diduknowthat
thermaltake wrote:
the razor copperhead is the nicst mouse out their. its got a 200dpi lase. which is a deam. i reccomend it for the extremem gamig parties outhere.

you mean 2000dpi laser? Very Happy
fionab
I think it also depends on your use. If it is just mail and some surfing a smallish mouse is fine, but I still find those very small mice too painful after long sessions. I use a large mouse as I do alot of photographic photoshop stuff so my hand tires if my mouse is too small and the awkard movement of the touch pad definetly causes my hand to swell.
I think you must review what your need is if just ehn you travel or when you work at a desk you may need 2 mice as not all suit you all the time.
psycosquirrel
I would reccommend a laser if you can get one, mine is amazing. The level of precision makes my sniping godly in CS... I also play some GTA:San Andreas and have an accuracy of over 75% from using the mouse. More than 3/4 of the kills I get are headshots. Before, it was spray for the chest and hope for a headshot. Now, I aim for the forehead and hope not to hit the chest Very Happy
Jaan
Get a cheap $10 microsoft laser mouse! I had one for 5 years and i'm still on it! fantastic! However, I recently got a Logitech Revolution, newest one, and I'm loving it! If you can afford the hefty sum then definetly go for a Logitech mouse!
psycosquirrel
Jaan wrote:
Get a cheap $10 microsoft laser mouse! I had one for 5 years and i'm still on it! fantastic! However, I recently got a Logitech Revolution, newest one, and I'm loving it! If you can afford the hefty sum then definetly go for a Logitech mouse!

You mean Optical, there is a big difference Very Happy
Nitro15
I have a Logitech MX1000. It's simply amazing. It's got approximately 15-20 hours of battery life, plenty of buttons, it feels great, and it looks good, too! Pertaining to the battery life, it may seem like it's not that much, but it's got its own charger so whenever you're done, set it on there and it should be charged back up to full for your next session.