FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

your Right To Vote?

JoeFriday
let me preface this by saying I'm referring to the United States, adults (citizens 18 years or older), and national elections.. specifically, presidential elections

how many of you are aware that you do not have the right to vote?
S3nd K3ys
JoeFriday wrote:
let me preface this by saying I'm referring to the United States, adults (citizens 18 years or older), and national elections.. specifically, presidential elections

how many of you are aware that you do not have the right to vote?

There are no rules for voting. You can vote as many times as you want. You dont need ID. You don't need to be a citizen. You don't need to live in that district. Hell, you don't even have to be alive. There are no rules for voting.

Vote Early. Vote Often.
JoeFriday
well, there are actual rules for voting.. even tho certain political parties try to circumvent that

but I'm referring to the alleged "constitutional right to vote".. contrary to what the general populace believes, it doesn't exist.. when you go to poll and cast your 'vote' for the presidency, your 'vote' is more like a letter to the editor, rather than something the government has to pay attention to

in a legal sense, a candidate could receive 100% of the popular vote, and yet still not be the candidate who is elected

but it goes beyond that.. the government doesn't even have to allow you to vote at all
Bikerman
JoeFriday wrote:

but it goes beyond that.. the government doesn't even have to allow you to vote at all

That's because voting is left to the states rather than being a Federal requirement I think..

Chris