FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Software to convert .bat to .exe

surdy
Hi
I'm lookin for a FREE software to convert batch file (.bat) to an executable (.exe) file so that i can run it silently on startup.

Can anyone tell me about sucha software.

if not a software , can someone please tell me how to convert a .bat to .exe file

Thanks
S3nd K3ys
surdy wrote:
Hi
I'm lookin for a FREE software to convert batch file (.bat) to an executable (.exe) file so that i can run it silently on startup.

if not a software , can someone please tell me how to convert a .bat to .exe file

Thanks

Why to run it silently? Trying to sneek something in? Why not just create your app in VB or C instead?
muggle
http://www.dgsoxon.org.uk/download/store/bat2exec.zip
This one converts to .com, I hope you don't mind. You should test how your converted files will work, they are some issues with the latest versions of Windows.
badai
it won't run silently. all batch to executable converter will run each line with calling the command interpreter to execute each line one by one, so there is chance that you can see command prompt windows open and close on it’s own.

the idea is, instead of the OS read and execute each line one by one with the risk of not completing the whole batch file and it will run slower, an executable file will be loaded into memory so that u can be sure it will run until the end, and it will run faster (from memory instead of from disc)

he might not use VB or C because batch is easier to create, convert (as oppose to compile) and it might provide everything he needs. plus, not everybody is good with VB or C.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
surdy wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Why to run it silently? Trying to sneek something in? Why not just create your app in VB or C instead?
orno
surdy: I suggest you browse about for a while on the MSFN forums... you'll get answers to all your questions (and more!) there Smile
desertwind
I dont know why you wants to converts to exe as bat itself can be added to startup programs.

If you're so specific in your requirement, GOOGLE is your best friend
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=.bat+to+exe+converter
ocalhoun
If you want the .bat file to run silently, just add "@echo=off" (or something like that, I've probably got it slightly wrong) to the beginning of the file.
TomS
ocalhoun wrote:
If you want the .bat file to run silently, just add "@echo=off" (or something like that, I've probably got it slightly wrong) to the beginning of the file.

This will stop the statusoutput of the comand line. But it's not really silent, because this black box pops up...

You can try VBS. There is no popup, if you don't want one, but it's harder to learn, I think.
surdy
Thank you all people for your response [:d]

S3nd K3ys
Well actaully i want to stop the DCHP service for a particular user logging into my system. For that i mde a batch file using the comand
Code:
net stop dhcp
and added the file to the startup of that particular user.
This trick works fine except for it shows the command windows stopping the DHCP servuce. I want this to happen silently.

muggle
Thanks for the link buddy. I 'll give this peice of software a try and get back.

badai
It is quite possible to make a silent exe. I know as i googled for it and found such softwres. But alas they are all paid ones Sad.
Can you please guide me how to exceute the system command
Code:
net stop dhcp
through C.

orno
Thanks buddy will give the forums a try Smile

desertwind
hey buddy Google is the first place i look for my answers . but this one could not be solved thru google so i posted here.

ocalhoun
Thanks buddy . i'm awre of echo off option but that still shows the command window which i want to hide.

TomS
i dunno VBS but will try goggling for this
test32rota
May be it's possible to play with user permissions and policies and disable the service for specific user ?