FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RC aircraft + onboard camera + virtual reality

datter
Anyone here in to RC? Take a look at the video below, it's very impressive. They guy actually attached a camera to a gimbal in an RC aircraft, slaved to a virtual reality helmet on the ground so he can look around while flying. VERY neat idea.

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=9091545735215129742&hl=en

datter
jb2_86_uk
That is increndible, I am not into RC stuff, but am massivly into flying, i love it and really want one of those things!!!!! I am suprised all that gear didnt effect the handling of the plane, but I guess with me not being into RC stuff i cant comprehend how light they are

JB
tom69
Awesome man, exploring areas where you are not allowed to go Wink
Josso
Wow, I love the idea... must have been good at electronics to wire that thing up though.
scotty
That is about as cool as they can get, you'd hate to go out of range though Razz
Ducksteina
Man, this is soooo cool! I'd really want to try it..
Agent ME
If a company started manufacturing lots of those things and mass sold those Smile Lots of $$ for them, lots of fun for us.

EDIT: He should do a close fly-by to traffic - maybe several times - and just see how everyone reacts.
Slick
i would love one of these 2!
scotty
Agent ME wrote:
If a company started manufacturing lots of those things and mass sold those Smile Lots of $$ for them, lots of fun for us.

EDIT: He should do a close fly-by to traffic - maybe several times - and just see how everyone reacts.

I was thinking more like put the camera on a helicopter and go round to people house's. Of course you could use it for perving (and that would make you a creep), but the intimidation factor would be through the roof. Just imagine some guy that owes you money, send a message to him.

While we're at it:

http://www.neural-robotics.com/videopage.htm

That has a gun on it, but its controlled by AI or something boring like that. Overkill if you ask me.
Darkfall
Wow, thats pretty cool :O!
megalania
That is a truly amazing video. I think that it is much cooler to maneuver that thing around then to try to maneuver one of the large people planes. If a company mass manufactured that there would be huge profits.
neji
That's just hot! Surprised

Omg what would happen if i get something like that Very Happy
gelid
Nice! I so want one of them!!