FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lots of spam in my guestbook

bnbrown
I have a PHP code checker + 2 spam protect link and spams still comes to my guestbook day by day. Any idea?
Alie
Maybe you need GFX confirmation code? This comand is adding into the same form that a guestbook's posting and untill you'll enter right code in textarea that will be drawn on on picture - you'll not be able to post comment.
bnbrown
I have a confirmation code. This is why I don't understand it. How robots can read my code? You can even check out the site I'm talking about http://lookingdoor.net/en/guestbook
Alie
If you're using MySQL database it can be chance that spammers are using XSS code that entering spam directly into database guestbook table. Check your site for XSS attacks Idea
bnbrown
I have a MySQL table behind, yes. But how can they make a query into my database if they don't know my password? Anhow it would be appreciated if you could hep me in this issue.
Alie
I'll try to find a hole in your GBook. If I'll find something - I'll send you PM.
{name here}
bnbrown wrote:
I have a MySQL table behind, yes. But how can they make a query into my database if they don't know my password? Anhow it would be appreciated if you could hep me in this issue.

Try a flat databased guestbook. That will be sure to mess them up.
bnbrown
{name here} wrote:
bnbrown wrote:

Try a flat databased guestbook. That will be sure to mess them up.

flat database? what is that?
chrismen
flat files are little text files that you store info in instead of databases
bnbrown
Why is that better than MySQL? Why would it solve auto spam?
Alie
This woun't solve your problem! Instead of XSS addind commets into database you'll collect them in plain file.