FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advice needed on a dell notebook

engeland
I now own an HP compaq nx6120 notebook. just after the warranty expired in july, the lcd had some problems. green blue lines go vertically across the lcd. i sent it to hp service centre and they said i had to change the whole half of it. the lcd cost too much so i was thinking, i might as well get a new notebook. i heard that dell is good. however, im not looking for a high end notebook, just an economical one but relatively worth the buy. i do alot of autoCAD and photoshop with my notebook. so i need something that has a screen resolution of min 1024x768 and a dvd burner. what dell notebook can you recommend?
alienjones
As for AutoCAD you perhaps should consider buying a 17" TFT. I am using a Dell Inspiron 8600 based on Intel Centrino M for communication and also for VJ-live-act never facing serious trouble. Dell now offers the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors which rule in dualcore market so there is no chance of buying crappy stuff.

At least it depends on how you're gonna use your Laptop. If it's to be working "unplugged" often you should decide for a smaller TFT in order to save power.

Recommendation? Dell Inspiron 6400!