FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alexander.. the movie

JoeFriday
I'm in the middle of watching Alexander.. the flick starring Angelina Jolie, Colin Farrell and a handful of other actors who I'm sure are now rather embarrassed to be associated with this train wreck of a movie

it's vaguely interesting from an historical perspective, but I suspect a History Channel documentary would be more gripping

you can tell the director (Oliver Stone) thought he was creating an epic comparable with Gladiator.. but it's also obvious that he was overrearching with this one.. the cinematography is mediocre.. the lighting is poor in nearly every scene, and the sound is ok in some scenes and crap in others.. oh and then there are all the 'outdoor' scenes that are so clearly CG rendered that it looks like the actors are standing in front of a weatherman's bluescreen

honestly, I was surprised to see Stone's name associated with this garbage on a technical basis

but then there is the acting, which is atrocious.. Colin Farrell is laughable as Alexander, which would be expected.. but no other actor stands out as being any better.. perhaps that's the fault of the story, which is muddled and meandering

there is certainly an historical timeline being presented, but in such a way that the audience is detached and unconcerned with any aspect of the story.. I myself found an early battlescene so confusing and disjointed that I felt my time was better spent making a sandwich

hmm.. time to start watching again.. Angelina is back with her horrible fake accent and snake fetish
photographerguy
It was bad.

I'm a big fan of this type...

Braveheart
Troy
Gladiator
etc

but this was horrible.
Really boring and yes, bad acting.
JoeFriday
same here.. altho I've never seen Troy, I really enjoy Braveheart and Gladiator

Alexander is about the equivalent of a high school production of the others.. I had to turn it off after an hour into it, I realized it wasn't even half done yet
Osprey
Ugh... one of the worst movies I've ever sat through, it's right there at the top of the suck list with "Aliens vs. Predator"

--Possible Spoiler Below--

The only reason I watched the whole thing is becuase I wanted to see Alexander die! I was like... "Why won't you die already!". And even then, it just wasn't worth it.
angelussum
This movie was bad. I couldn't even sit through it all =/

Troy wasn't that great either.

However, I did enjoy Gladiator a lot.

I typically enjoy this type of film a lot, sadly, not a lot of good ones out there in recent times.
jenice
I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I think I was more in love with the idea of the plot that goes on there, but I could get more out of reading a historical book than watching this film. I think they left out a lot. Colin Farrell was just laughable in his role. The costumes made me cringe.

It was just painful to watch at times.
pudovkin
Liked. But I usually do like epic films. Razz
Didn't liked the Hopkins parts.
zanzou
photographerguy wrote:
It was bad.

I'm a big fan of this type...

Braveheart
Troy
Gladiator
etc

but this was horrible.
Really boring and yes, bad acting.

I'm sorry, but I thought Troy was just as bad/worse. :/
zanzou
pudovkin wrote:
Liked. But I usually do like epic films. :P
Didn't liked the Hopkins parts.

I agree, the parts with Anthony Hopkins totally dragged on...

XD I liked it too-- though it might have been just for the eye candy. I wouldn't say it was a GREAT movie, but on the movie scale, I'd say it was deffinately just... at average. Not any worse.
m_furquan36
like the first poster said the history channels documentary would be better as when i watched the movie it really was pretty boring it just dragged on and on Razz i feel asleep like during the movie.
canadol
brutal film
talonsmallville
Hi people,

I don΄t know if I liked or not this film.

I guess was so.... how can I say... gay?

Very strange.
Tokci
felt like I wasted 1 hr of my life (left it halfway).

So many stars and this kinda result...I never expected.
desertwind
It was one of the worst in its genre. Real bad movie.
zplitstonez
hello everyone
Good day.

Well alexander the movie,
isn't what we expected for,
it's a crap, i don't like it.

Thank you

GOD BLESS FRIHOST COMMUNITY
Man + GOD = MAJORITY