FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ninja V. Pirates: My thesis

PatTheGreat42
I swear I wrote this myself. I plan to make it into a webpage of some sort:

Pirates V. Ninjas.

With the rising popularity of pirates and ninjas, the merits of each side have been hotly debated. Both pirates and ninjas have their supporters, and each party makes valid points as to their warrior’s strengths and weaknesses, their pros and cons. However, in order to decide which is better, pirates or ninjas, there is really only one true test:

If you battled 100 ninjas against 100 pirates in a fight, who would win?

As we all know, of course, the implications of the answer to this are many and great. As such, I will try to be as impartial as possible in my following analysis. To answer this question fully, there are many aspects which must be taken into account, including experience, weaponry, and expertise. All will be taken under equal consideration.

The first thing that must be considered in this analysis is the size of the forces. Both pirates and ninjas will have the same number of fighters. However, both sides will not use them in the same way. 100 people can be a large number of people in order to effectively organize into a fighting force, especially for relatively unorthodox groups such as pirates and ninjas. However, this does not mean that neither side will use their 100 fighters well. Pirates, despite the annoyances of living on a cramped ship, were used to garnering forces of 100 people or more. In this fight, presented with 100 people, the pirate side will have no problem focusing their tendencies and tenacity towards the common enemy: ninjas. However, ninjas normally did not fight in groups approaching anywhere near 100 people, using instead what amounted to more appropriately sized strike forces, the sort of black ops of their day. 100 ninja warriors, therefore, might find themselves at a hindrance instead of a benefit faced with organizing so many. The greatest effect of this overpopulation of ninja forces, as it seems to me, would be the loss of their closest ally: stealth. So many fighters are difficult to hide all in one tree.

The next thing to be considered is simply finding the enemy. Traditionally, the ninja's greatest strength has been stealth. The ninja is renowned for its ability to remain unseen. However, as discussed above, the sheer size of the force for the ninjas could easily render this ability less useful. Furthermore, pirates were not unappreciative of the great value of information. Pirates, whenever possible, would not go blindly into a situation; they gathered intel. Thus, the ninja's own diminished ability combined with the pirate's intelligence gathering operations could easily make the pirates well aware of where to find the enemy. However, even though the pirates would know where the ninjas were before the fight, the ninjas would not be left with their pants down. Although the pirates had their own methods of "stealth," a group of 100 pirates in fight garb would be quickly identified by the ninjas. We therefore face a showdown: 100 pirates quickly approaching the ninjas, each side ready to attack.

After these deliberations, the fight will begin with the first blow. This will be from the pirates. Initially, the pirates will be hesitant to attack, as their favorite tactic is to simply scare the enemy into submission. The ninjas, of course, will not be afraid. Thus, the pirates will open up first, because they are in possession of the only long-range weapons: cannons and rifles. The ninja, preferring hand-to-hand combat, will be unable to defend against exploding shells and rifle balls, and will be similarly unable to counterattack. These initial barrages will eliminate much of the ninja threat.

However, pirates do not exclusively focus on such weapons. They will attempt to land, and attack the ninjas using more primitive techniques, including handguns, cutlasses, clubs, and the like. Although pirates were necessarily skilled with such weapons, this is where the ninjas excel. Thus the ninjas, although with a diminished force, will be able to manage the pirates. However, this is not to say the pirates won't score some kills. This is to say that the ninjas will score more of (though not all of) the kills during this part of the battle.

Therefore, the numbers of ninjas and pirates will begin to come closer together. Unfortunately, however, when they do converge, it will be at zero. Because both pirates and ninjas are so effective at killing, albeit specializing in different scenarios and techniques, neither side will come out ahead. The side that will come out ahead is the side that was standing idly by the side. Because once all the pirates and ninjas are dead, they'll have plenty of rum, a free pleasure boat, and a whole lotta shiny ninja swords to play with. Yay, ninja swords!
rightclickscott
Very good thesis. However, I've always seen this ever continuing battle to be quite troublesome. So I created the greatest kind of soldier in the world, a Swashbuckling Assassin, a master of the night who sails by day, the legendary Ninja Pirate. Think of it, he can yell "arr" and still be so stealthy that noone will find him. His weapon o' choice would be a rifle that shoots shuriken. Not impossible indeed! I once had a battle between a Samurai Cowboy, a Jedi Mage, and a Ninja Pirate, and guess who won, the Ninja Pirate. How? He waited until the honor of valor and roguishness of the Samurai Cowboy was enough the get past the impossible to get past skillz of the Jedi Mage, and then he got shot by the Ninja Pirate. Not impossible indeed some more!
nilsmo
Well, I guess it was a fun waste of time to write that. Smile My answer to Pirates vs. Ninjas is, obviously, pirates.
actualeffection
Ninja's would obviously win. Because the pirates have ships and cannons. But the ninja's just have to round house kick the cannon balls and send them spiraling back towards the pirates. So, obviously, they would win.
rightclickscott
actualeffection wrote:
Ninja's would obviously win. Because the pirates have ships and cannons. But the ninja's just have to round house kick the cannon balls and send them spiraling back towards the pirates. So, obviously, they would win.

Oh, come on, be realistic, they would break their legs on cannon balls.
TheSpaniard
This age old enigma is not as easy to solve as one may think. Ninja's and Pirates do battle on very different planes. Ninja's, imo, would obviously be top dog on land. Though, i'd give pirates there dues via brute force damage. Now imagine a bigarse ship towering over a rowboat in the midle of the pacific, stuffed with a baker's dozen of the black suits. [Space]Pirates>Ninja? Interesting. Shocked
yy1124
Where is the battle ground?
(or you did mention by i missed out?)

Battle Ground is a very important element in battles, if it is on the ship...

I think the pirates will never have won...

Ninjas will probally pick a time and blow the ship out whithout the pirates even noticing them. Twisted Evil
dimpim
Yeah, I definitely agree that the battle ground is of utmost importance.

Anyway, I think that ninjas will generally win, 'cause they have a very different - much more elegant, I would say - way of attacking the enemy. They are fast, silent and precise.
Pirates always make a lot of mess around them, I don't think they will be able to defeat a horde of ninjas coming from every direction. Smile
rightclickscott
Well, this is how I see it, an ocean or see or even a lake or whatever next to a forest. This means the Ninjas are waiting in the forest, and the Pirates are coming in by this body of water in a ship big enough and with enough guns and cannons for 100 people. It gives each one a fair shot.
Aless
I love it! Can I c/p to other people? Smile
NewGuyinTown
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
I swear I wrote this myself. I plan to make it into a webpage of some sort:

Pirates V. Ninjas.

With the rising popularity of pirates and ninjas, the merits of each side have been hotly debated. Both pirates and ninjas have their supporters, and each party makes valid points as to their warrior’s strengths and weaknesses, their pros and cons. However, in order to decide which is better, pirates or ninjas, there is really only one true test:

If you battled 100 ninjas against 100 pirates in a fight, who would win?

As we all know, of course, the implications of the answer to this are many and great. As such, I will try to be as impartial as possible in my following analysis. To answer this question fully, there are many aspects which must be taken into account, including experience, weaponry, and expertise. All will be taken under equal consideration.

The first thing that must be considered in this analysis is the size of the forces. Both pirates and ninjas will have the same number of fighters. However, both sides will not use them in the same way. 100 people can be a large number of people in order to effectively organize into a fighting force, especially for relatively unorthodox groups such as pirates and ninjas. However, this does not mean that neither side will use their 100 fighters well. Pirates, despite the annoyances of living on a cramped ship, were used to garnering forces of 100 people or more. In this fight, presented with 100 people, the pirate side will have no problem focusing their tendencies and tenacity towards the common enemy: ninjas. However, ninjas normally did not fight in groups approaching anywhere near 100 people, using instead what amounted to more appropriately sized strike forces, the sort of black ops of their day. 100 ninja warriors, therefore, might find themselves at a hindrance instead of a benefit faced with organizing so many. The greatest effect of this overpopulation of ninja forces, as it seems to me, would be the loss of their closest ally: stealth. So many fighters are difficult to hide all in one tree.

The next thing to be considered is simply finding the enemy. Traditionally, the ninja's greatest strength has been stealth. The ninja is renowned for its ability to remain unseen. However, as discussed above, the sheer size of the force for the ninjas could easily render this ability less useful. Furthermore, pirates were not unappreciative of the great value of information. Pirates, whenever possible, would not go blindly into a situation; they gathered intel. Thus, the ninja's own diminished ability combined with the pirate's intelligence gathering operations could easily make the pirates well aware of where to find the enemy. However, even though the pirates would know where the ninjas were before the fight, the ninjas would not be left with their pants down. Although the pirates had their own methods of "stealth," a group of 100 pirates in fight garb would be quickly identified by the ninjas. We therefore face a showdown: 100 pirates quickly approaching the ninjas, each side ready to attack.

After these deliberations, the fight will begin with the first blow. This will be from the pirates. Initially, the pirates will be hesitant to attack, as their favorite tactic is to simply scare the enemy into submission. The ninjas, of course, will not be afraid. Thus, the pirates will open up first, because they are in possession of the only long-range weapons: cannons and rifles. The ninja, preferring hand-to-hand combat, will be unable to defend against exploding shells and rifle balls, and will be similarly unable to counterattack. These initial barrages will eliminate much of the ninja threat.

However, pirates do not exclusively focus on such weapons. They will attempt to land, and attack the ninjas using more primitive techniques, including handguns, cutlasses, clubs, and the like. Although pirates were necessarily skilled with such weapons, this is where the ninjas excel. Thus the ninjas, although with a diminished force, will be able to manage the pirates. However, this is not to say the pirates won't score some kills. This is to say that the ninjas will score more of (though not all of) the kills during this part of the battle.

Therefore, the numbers of ninjas and pirates will begin to come closer together. Unfortunately, however, when they do converge, it will be at zero. Because both pirates and ninjas are so effective at killing, albeit specializing in different scenarios and techniques, neither side will come out ahead. The side that will come out ahead is the side that was standing idly by the side. Because once all the pirates and ninjas are dead, they'll have plenty of rum, a free pleasure boat, and a whole lotta shiny ninja swords to play with. Yay, ninja swords!

Funny... just the other day, people on my residence floor was talking about the same thing. Then it got off topics to zombie pirates and zombie ninjas... -_-

100 Ninjas will win. Pirates are barbarians, nuts, and drunk most of the time. Ninjas are trained to assassinate others. Pirates just swing their swords like novices.
rightclickscott
NewGuyinTown wrote:
100 Ninjas will win. Pirates are barbarians, nuts, and drunk most of the time. Ninjas are trained to assassinate others. Pirates just swing their swords like novices.

What are you babbling about? Most pirates know how to use a sword and don't just swing their scimitar's around like they don't know what they're doing. Most pirates have had to fight for most of their life, they weren't born with the skills of being a pirate. If a pirate has had to survive while fighting other pirates and killing them, they know how to use their weapons right. Sure, pirates can be considered barbarians, but most pirates, under the right command, work extremely well together, and they follow a certain kind of pirate code or instinct, which is designed for taking out as many people as they can, but not to get rid of their spoils. Since, after all, pirates are in it for the booty.
reddishblue
Pirates would not even notice Ninjas until its too late
Ninjas Forever! Very Happy
jongoldsz
Pirates and Ninjas are both awsome, but in different ways.
Vanilla Crazy
You're forgetting one important thing. Nothing can kill a pirate but another pirate.
rightclickscott
Vanilla Crazy wrote:
You're forgetting one important thing. Nothing can kill a pirate but another pirate.

I never thought of that, but the unceasing war between Ninjas and Pirates hasn't stopped Ninjas from killing Pirates. I think that's some kind of moral code, though, since Pirates and Ninjas are both equal in their skillz, since they both possess their own different unique traits that would make a fight between the two amazing. However, people forget about other amazing fights that can come about too, like Cowboy vs. Samurai, or a Wizard vs. a Jedi, and so on.
warhot
be or not to be......

dificult question, but i prefer ninjas in pijama ...LOL
Rico
Pirates will kick ninja bootay, and they will look considerably cooler doing it. And afterwards they will celebrate in true pirate fashion with generous portions of Rum and pirate food. Pirates ahoy! Death to ninja scum.
Vrythramax
Ninja vs Pirates...Moderators win.

This is turning to spam.

-closed-