FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Buying a Wii, what do you think about the Wii?

Are you buying a Wii?
Yes! On the release day!
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Yes! After a few months when the price has dropped.
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
No, I already have/am going to buy a xbox360/ps3
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
No. I want to upgrade my PC for the newest games.
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Spyware
Are you going to buy the Wii? Why/why not? Are you going to spend your money on another system?
TonkPilz
I voted Yes! On the release day! but only if i can spare the cash. im so damn zelda hungry it hurts didn't really like the wind waker so i haven't Had a good dose of zelda sens majoras mask Brick wall

but im mostly for wii coz of the controller and the price/quality ratio
rayx
I like nintendo but i most preferably go to SONY PLAYSTATION.
photon
i will definitely buy it!! but will wait a few months till i can really afford it. will prolly start saving from december
QrafTee
Spyware wrote:
Are you going to buy the Wii? Why/why not? Are you going to spend your money on another system?

I have an HP Pavilion ZD8000 and that satisfies basically anything the Playstation 3 an Xbox 360 can throw at me (with the exception of the Final Fantasy RPGs). I'll be getting a Wii on launch day and hopefully my friend's employee discount will lower the pounding on my already flat wallet.
aneotoena
Maybe I'll get one in a year when i can afford the price. I really like think Nintendo is innovating in gamming experience instead of just upgrading it's consoles and that really makes a difference, XBoX360 and PS games are just so close to a gaming PC that most of it's games are ported(exactly as in the console)) to the PC.
medievalman26
I really am not sure which new system to buy because the xbox and ps3 are epensive but great systems and yet te wii is cheaper and has a...unique approach to game play.
Claywarrior
I buying it on release day no doubt, the games for it look great, and the controller hasnt got one bad reveiw yet. Plus anyone whos played gave an exellent review about the system.

nintendo is back.
rightclickscott
I'm not too sure yet. My brother, Paul, wanted to get one for his dorm since it was only supposed to be 100 bucks, but now that the price is 250, and the classic games, which he already all owns that he bought for 50 cents, are going for 5-10 bucks, which seems expensive for classic games. If they incorporated the points system that the 360 has, it would be worth it, but the point system I saw was meant for you to buy cards which you can use on the Wii Channel. It could be better, but it seems like Nintendo isn't trying that much and just wants to make money. I still remain skeptical, since Nintendo has let us down before with the Gamecube and somewhat with the N64, but still, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and some of the other hits that look really good and that I definetly want to play, but I just don't know yet...
QrafTee
rightclickscott wrote:
I'm not too sure yet. My brother, Paul, wanted to get one for his dorm since it was only supposed to be 100 bucks, but now that the price is 250, and the classic games, which he already all owns that he bought for 50 cents, are going for 5-10 bucks, which seems expensive for classic games. If they incorporated the points system that the 360 has, it would be worth it, but the point system I saw was meant for you to buy cards which you can use on the Wii Channel. It could be better, but it seems like Nintendo isn't trying that much and just wants to make money. I still remain skeptical, since Nintendo has let us down before with the Gamecube and somewhat with the N64, but still, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and some of the other hits that look really good and that I definetly want to play, but I just don't know yet...

How in the world did you get "... since it was only supposed to be 100 bucks..."? No one in their right mind believed it'd be that cheap. The lowest people were expecting was around $179.00. But I do agree with you about the Virtual Console games, they are WAY too expensive especially when you think about how you can get them for free already. I didn't think Nintendo really let anyone down, they just didn't get much third-party... again. Hopefully that will change this time. It seems Square Enix and many others are quite happy with the Wii's unique style compared to its two powerhouse competitors.
driftingfe3s
I'm probably gonna get one. Probably not at release day. I'll want to see the reviews on the games and actually try them out first. There are two reasons I'm going Ninteno instead of Sony.

First is price - I'm a university student and cash is something I don't have. I also want to buy a digital SLR wich is a pretty big investment. That said, PS3 will make me super poor.

Second is the Wii's innovation. Sure it may seem gimmicy but it adds a whole new level of interaction with video games. It wont look as pretty as PS3 or even Xbox 360 but better grapics won't add that new dimension of game play.

I also agree that the virtual game prices are a bit steep but I could care less. I don't think I'll be playing many of those. If I really want to play an old game I'll download it and play it on an emulator and if it is really hard to find it will be worth the prices they are going for.
Ducksteina
My brother is going to get one so I'll be able to play it. It sounds like real fun! There are sooooo many possibilities for the controller...
- Star Wars (swing the lightsabre!)
- Harvest Moon (use the tools)
- Golf
- Zelda

I'm really looking forward to it Smile
tolerance
I'd love to get one on release day but I doubt that will happen. I WILL own one though, it's all a matter of when. I really want to play Zelda (duh) but what I'm really looking for is Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, since I heard it's going to be Wi-Fi (if anyone knows differently feel free to correct me.) It's not horribly expensive (hello PS3), I'm just unreasonably poor right now.
DarkJad
Buying release date, if possible.

I'm worried about the controller. I love the concept; I'm just worried that it's sensitivity will be off. Can't be too sensitive, but it still has to have pinpoint accuracy.

Still, looks really unique. I'm kinda jaded with games (I'm tired of the same old stuff), so I can't wait for something new.
Manofgames
I don't think I will get one.

I agree that the Wii is an ingenious idea, that its original and new.

But I have always been a Sony / Computer guy.

I like the idea of the remote, but i prefer the normal controls that I've grown up with.

Its better as well to upgrade the pc because you van do a heck of a lot more with a PC. i.e. :

[list=]Surf the net[/list]
[list=]Make videos[/list]
[list=]Make Websites[/list]
[list=]Edit pictures[/list]
[list=]And a heck of a lot more.[/list]

THe fact is, for me the benefits of a PC outweigh those of the Wii dramaticly.

Im sorry Nintendo, But the Wii ain't 4 Mii. Very Happy
zenocide17
I am definitely getting a Wii on release day! I plan on getting to the store before it opens at midnight to ensure that I will be able to! I have been waiting for this system since long before it was called the Wii(A.K.A. Revolution)!!

I am getting: The Wii, extra nun-chuck, wiimote, Zelda, and maybe one more game!

I am so psyched about 11-19-06!!
GProject
I'd really like to own one, although I will definately wait for the price to come down a bit. I usually never buy new consoles (because the game price is always extortionate), but I really really want to play Mario Galaxy & the new Zelda game.

I'm actually really interested to see how this console is recieved to - it's got the potential to push gaming into the future with it's wierd remote-style controller and motion-control technology. More innovative than anything on the PS3.
SuperTongue
I'm definetly getting this. I've had the cash for it in the bank and ready for awhile now. I think I'm spending around $400-$500 on the Wii. I love the controllers and the games will be great.

My only problems:

-Overpriced controllers: $40 is WAY too much for just the controller. I would say $40-$45 would be good for a controller with the nunchuk, but $40 for a controller and another $20 for a nunchuck (which is basically needed) is way too much.

-Lack of Online Games: Nintendo basically JUST sent out the information about their online info to developers. In fact, Nintendo has only 2 games that will be released this year that use online play. Some games don't even have multiplayer. A game I thought would be awesome with online play would be Call of Duty 3. Of course, this game is online for other systems, but playing with the Wii and COD3 online would be perfect!

Also, to the people saying about the prices for the VC games I agree it is a little too pricey for these games. What I am thinking is for the convinience (sp) to have all the games right there and ready for download. And at least they will be letting you re-download a game if you need to free some space for a new game and switch around and such.
Ducksteina
Manofgames wrote:

I like the idea of the remote, but i prefer the normal controls that I've grown up with.

Its better as well to upgrade the pc because you van do a heck of a lot more with a PC. i.e. :

You don't need to upgrade your computer to surf the net, make videos, websites or pictures. You need to upgrade your computer to play the newest games, but that's it.
Also, there are very few games that you can play with more than 1 player infront of the computer. So I say the Wii is much more fun if you are playing with more than 1 player. Super Smash Brothers Melee was just soo fun with 4 players... Of course, computer games are also good, but if I have the chance to play with friends, I'll prefer a console game any day Smile
ItsWesley
I probably will get a wii but does anyone know what the launch titles will be in the UK?
Manofgames
Ducksteina wrote:
Manofgames wrote:

You don't need to upgrade your computer to surf the net, make videos, websites or pictures. You need to upgrade your computer to play the newest games, but that's it.
Also, there are very few games that you can play with more than 1 player infront of the computer. So I say the Wii is much more fun if you are playing with more than 1 player. Super Smash Brothers Melee was just soo fun with 4 players... Of course, computer games are also good, but if I have the chance to play with friends, I'll prefer a console game any day Smile

what i meant was, that even without upgrading, the PC has more options than Wii, so I'd rather spend the money on making my pc better.
TarsajumaClan
It looks very cool, however i will not be getting on. I hope a friend does.
jarnbrott
I'm not sure if i'l will spend my money on Wii, I don't seem to have time for tvgams any more, homeworks and the scouting invirioment are taking my spare time unfortually. I have allready Gamecube, gameboy, Gameboy advance and a nearly never use them, like only when im on vacation.
Klaw 2
i dont know but i dont think im going to buy it, No, I already am going to buy a xbox360 next year when my other one is 3 years old.
linkman2004
I voted for Yes! On The Release Day! But this is only half true. I'm not actually buying it(no money), no, my brother is gonna get it on launch day. Razz Call me a moocher if you will, but it's better than stealing one. Wink Besides, I need my Twilight Princess and Wii Sports!
faker_phil
I'd choose it over the PS3, and here's why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9qZ5M7CXGE

Not gonna buy it though, PC kicks every console's butt Wink
gr3gg3r
I'd love to try out the system, it is the most original and inventive of the entire new generation of consoles.

Plus it is the cheapest one out of all of them starting out. I mean come on over $500 for a PS3? That's just ridiculous. Nintendo needs to come out ontop again, like it used to be back in the day.

I'm rooting for the Wii!