FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Halo Series!

xyberz
Definately my favorite game and arguably one of the best shooters if not THE BEST in gaming history!

My tactic - Go for the rocket launcher and the Sword! LoL

Probably the best player in my group of friends, hopefully to bring that up to best player nationally when there is a tournament in my area!
jenice
With HALO 2 came the sword: definitely a favorite.

My favorite in multi-player games however has always been the shotgun and the Needler. The needler might seem like an odd choice, but I've got a champion level friend I play with. He's quick and deadly. He ALWAYS uses a shotgun, with a backup weapon being the sniper rifle (and he's always got the best hiding places). Sometimes the only way I can get away from him is to shoot him up with a needler and take off as fast as I can in the other direction.

In the game itself, I usually go for the shotgun and the sword. If I need a weapon on each hand for big battles, I'll usually go for things like the needler and the plasma rifle.
rightclickscott
Your friend couldn't be a championship winner, since the best weapon is undoubtably the battle rifle. It's the most flexible weapon in the game. It can be used for close range, mid range, and long range. However, there is not best weapon in Halo or Halo 2, since all the weapons serve their own purposes and are for people who are better suited with each one. MLG players know this, and that's why they prefer the battle rifle, because of it's many resources. I should know, I've played in quite afew MLG games. MLG players also use skills like BXR, which is something I have yet to perfect, but still, I can do it, I've done it before. I consider it my final out when I have nothing left I can do, since there isn't a guarantee that I'll get it write.
jenice
Everyone has their techniques that work for them. I don't think there ever is one specific way to win a game. What works for one person might not be as comfortable for another.

A friend of his is another one of those who've been in the competitions. Her weapons of choice? The hand gun and the plasma grenade. Then again, she works with a regular team and has a specific position she always plays.
Eyre
everyone plays different, that's for sure. i'm a battle rifle and rocket launcher guy myself ^^
INeedHelp
As it has been stated there are many different ways to play the game. Some of them are much better then others. Being a master of more versatile weapons like the BR, Sniper, or a certain combination will always help you in the long run. Getting a rocket launcher or a sword will net you a few kills in one game, but could be your downfall in another. Anyway Halo 2 is a great game, I don't know that it could be considered one of the best FPS ever, maybe for the console, but it is a great game! I very much look forward to playing the third one when it is released!
xyberz
Yes you are all true. Different people specialize in different weapons and or combos.

Playing certain stages also favor certain weapons also. But the fact still remains that the fun factor is still incredible no matter what weapon you use! That's why I believe that it's hard to go anywhere, well at least in the US and not have anyone ever hearing of the game Halo.
neosree
For me halo is damn shit. I cannot play it easily. It is damn as hard as Quake 3. I want some very easy mode in these games.
TarsajumaClan
I love both games in the series and cant wait for number 3. Even though i have an xbox 360, i still end up playing halo2 more than any of the current 360 FPS games.
shun
It is a of the best and my favorite games ever. I wish I can have a 360 to play Halo 3 to finish the whole series. But it is really scary and hard though, I remember I had a nightmare the night after I played the part about the flood. And I think there's no way I can finish the game myself even in easy mode. I had to finish the game with my cousin's help, and that's crazy. The multiply part is probably the best part about Halo since I don't think I can play the game without it. I hope they can have Halo 3 published in original xbox too since I can't afford to buy a 360, and that'll be really sad if I can finish the whole series.
Keran
I'm not judging the game, so all u fanboys dont screw me when i say That i hate this game.
Cov3r70ps
I dunno. I never really liked Halo 2 that much. I feel that it is a poor sequal to Halo 1. I absolutley loved Halo 1 and when I got my Halo 2 Silver Edition, I was rather dissapointed with it.
xyberz
Halo 2 imo is not too bad considering it was a sequal. I can't wait for part 3 to come out and make it the final in this trilogy.
From what has been seen so far, it might be the succeder to Halo 1 and become the best first person shooter ever, again. Not too many games can make that claim. Smile
pc_service2007
how can you play this stupid game?
xyberz
pc_service2007 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that every game you play isn't very exciting to me, but I wouldn't call it stupid. Just to let you know, a huge population love this game, so honestly it couldn't be that stupid. I've seen every type of person, from jocks to geniuses playing this game and everyone inbetween.
jenice
Everyone has their game preferences. Some people love Tiger Woods Golf. I think it's a waste of good gaming, but then that might be because I can't whip out my needler and shoot the character.

But that's just me. *shrug*
ba11inncali
pc_service2007 wrote:

Obviously owns a playstation. That's the only reason anyone would hate the Halo series.
xyberz
You know, in my honest opinion. If you truly like playing any kind of first player shooter type game, then you would at least like Halo. I don't see how you couldn't. It's definately different from the simulator first person shooters and has a cool story line. The graphics are pretty decent and seeing what's coming with Halo 3, could be the best looking first person shooter out there.

And one more thing, the millions of people who have bought this game can't be wrong. Of course I'm not saying this game is for everyone, just basically for anyone with a pulse. (j/k on that last line, well maybe not but you know.) Laughing
Kiandoshi
I've heard how great this game is so many times lol. Honestly, its ok, but it does not deserve the "Great" title. Wasnt good enough to make me keep my xbox either. Seems there has always been a xbox playstation rivalry between the fans of either system. My thoughts on the game come from my taste in games not my loyalty to another system. Its just another shooter. I found myself enjoying Unreal Tournament 2004 for the pc far more than halo. The game gets a 7 out of 10 from me for the spin on the shooter genre, but a 2 out of 10 for the hype. It was a pretty forgetable experience for me. Though the thing that sticks in my mind is the halo city or space station around the planet lol, dont bash me if I dont know what Im talking about, you know what I mean. Just my opinion, I completely understand why so many liked the game.

I've owned many systems, 1 atari, 4 sega systems, 3 nintendo, 1 xbox, 2 playstions (each number refers to different generation). The only system I own now is the playstation 2, barely working and all lol. I've seen lots of games on the xbox that no other system can touch as far as graphics, but I never played one that couldnt or wasnt beat in terms of gameplay.
xyberz
This definately wasn't a console war type of situation. I just happened to list this game as my favorite. I guess because I've spent so many hours in multi-player with my friends that it's really the memories attached with it and not just entirely the game.
I know that before XBOX and PS2 it used to be Perfect Dark on N64 and Golden Eye before that.
Hmmm...Considering what I just said, it's not the game Halo that's my favorite. It's just any game that I can enjoy with my friends.
But when it boils down to it, saying what's my absolute favorite game, it would have to be not just one game but the whole Phantasy Star series spanned over a couple of systems. Originally on the Sega Master System and then onto the Genesis. It was a great story line and nice graphics at that time and the fun factor is very high in my book.
Unfortuatnely I never got a chance to play Phantasy Star Online yet so I can't say much about that.
GOD13
This game is by far the best game ever!!!
gh0strec0n_legit
I really like the game but the multiplayer is disastrous because of the terrible community and such easy way to mod and such. Nice game anyhow.
Klaw 2
I like the halo games too, but i think the sword and the rocket luancher are a bit for noobs, i mean everyone can kill with that, 8 vs 8 no rocket games are the best i think.
xyberz
Honestly I can get lots of kills with just about any weapon, or weapon combo for Halo 2. I like the rocket launcher and sword combo cause it's just so fun. At least they are on a small to mid size stage.
TarsajumaClan
gh0strec0n_legit wrote:
I really like the game but the multiplayer is disastrous because of the terrible community and such easy way to mod and such. Nice game anyhow.

you will find your jerks in any community. you cant blame the game.
gh0strec0n_legit
TarsajumaClan wrote:
gh0strec0n_legit wrote:

Yes but i've found them more in this game then anyother game but ah well.
KoHLive
HALO is the greatest but i definetly hate all u sword nubs and will waste ne one online "Toasty Tyrant"... hit me up
TarsajumaClan
gh0strec0n_legit wrote:
TarsajumaClan wrote:
gh0strec0n_legit wrote:

Yes but i've found them more in this game then anyother game but ah well.
Thats partially due to the fact it is such a large community. A group of a million will have more jerks than a group of 10,000. As well as the fact that people will be more concered about high ranks because so many play this.
kou9992
This may not be the the best game ever, but it is definately one of the best FPS out there. It is an awesome game with a great community. As long as you can ignore the jerks that go around screaming random annoying phrases, the multiplayer is the best part of this game. The sword is a good weapon, but so many noobs get it and can't use it well. I prefer battle rifle for most maps, but if I can I like to get a sniper rifle, get a good spot and start killing people.
Bradthepk
kou9992 wrote:
This may not be the the best game ever, but it is definately one of the best FPS out there. It is an awesome game with a great community. As long as you can ignore the jerks that go around screaming random annoying phrases, the multiplayer is the best part of this game. The sword is a good weapon, but so many noobs get it and can't use it well. I prefer battle rifle for most maps, but if I can I like to get a sniper rifle, get a good spot and start killing people.

I totally agree. I can't find another FPS I love more than Halo.
xyberz
Just wanted to notify all you Halo lovers out there that they're making another great Halo game to add to this wonderful series. It's not a first person shooter that you're all familiar with. It will be an MMORTS game. I'm really excited to tell you all about it, but I think that if you watch the Hi-Definition trailer, you'll feel the excitement that I'm feeling now! Very Happy

Go to www.halowars.com

Oh yeah, also looking forward to Halo 3 coming out on the Xbox360. Those Hi-Def trailers look incredible also and it makes me so anxious to see more and of course getting it! Laughing

Lastly forgot to mention this. I just saw a video of this group called Corporeal and they remixed the Halo theme. Gotta say it's amazing! If you like the theme song, then this remixed version will send shivers down your spine. They should have been hired to do the Halo 3 theme song!!!

This is their Myspace page that you can listen to and watch their video.

http://www.myspace.com/corporealmusic2
tr33t
Halo is awsome. I did play it till I got a new computer. I still cant find the CD!
mceejaydee
Halo is awesome. Can't wait for Halo 3 after that trailer. Looked awesome, shield grenades and stuff Surprised
kamu
i jus love halo! i jus wish it halo 2 n' 3 comes on computer!! can't wait
xyberz
Halo 2 will be on the computer. In all of Microsoft's wisdom, it will be only exclusive to Windows Vista and not backwards compatible. Go figure?!?!
Petee
I love Halo. I've been playing the first one on the computer for probably almost two years now and I've played a little of Halo 2 on my friend's XBox. It's just a great game. Fun, action packed, great story line (for the whole series!) and the graphics are awesome too.
xyberz wrote:
In all of Microsoft's wisdom, it will be only exclusive to Windows Vista and not backwards compatible. Go figure?!?!

This is pretty much my main reason for wanting Vista Laughing
xyberz
Petee wrote:
This is pretty much my main reason for wanting Vista Laughing

Yeah, too bad it's gonna come with very many restrictions. Kinda sad that they wanna control everything.

Money can make some people, and companies in this case, evil. Evil or Very Mad