FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to make a flash media player???

xyberz
Okay I've been searching the internet and there really hasn't been a tutorial or site that shows how to make a full blown media player in Macromedia Flash 8. It usually shows just some basic MP3 player which I can already do myself.

I've seen it advertised for sale though, (greedy bastards!) and it seems they don't wanna share the knowledge of how to make it.

It doesn't have to be combined as one player as I know that might make the code a little harder to work together. One for playing MP3s and the other to play video files, WMV, AVI, ASF, etc.

Maybe a link I haven't found would help?
kronso.23
Well, what you could do is download a program that will break down a Flash player, and you can study the components and see for yourself how it works.

Here if a fine program I found by merely searching on download.com for "flash": Clik Here
xyberz
Awesome! Thanks for the link. Sometimes doing things backwards and taking them apart is a really good way to learn something.

Lets just hope I don't break it! LoL
iflash
to learn, yes, but only when u r a newbie, later when u develop interesting components or modules then u really hate decompilers.
kronso.23
Well, I'm glad you like it. Let me know how it goes dude Very Happy
xyberz
Hmmm...anyone got a link to a good flash created media player Question
XtRm
This is the best one I've seen for mp3s: http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_MP3_Player

I hope you'll like it Wink .
xyberz
xyberz wrote:
Hmmm...anyone got a link to a good flash created media player Question

Awesome! Thanks, I'll think I'll use the dissasembler and see how that works so I can create one of my own. Very Happy
xyberz
kronso.23 wrote:
Well, what you could do is download a program that will break down a Flash player, and you can study the components and see for yourself how it works.

Here if a fine program I found by merely searching on download.com for "flash": Clik Here

Okay, I'm just wondering now though. How do I get the SWF file needed to decompile from a website that has a player that I like?

I've found a player but I'm not sure as how to go to get a copy of it or what I need in order to use this program that you have suggested.

Sorry for being such a noob.
xyberz
No one knows how? It doesn't go onto the computer when it's loaded from the webpage.
CyanEyed
http://www.eapix.com/tutorials/pages/flash/mp3_player.html
uses xml and flash but plays video formats as well as mp3. the old version of their site loaded qite fast but theyve changed it and it takes ages, so good luck.

as for saving it, open it in ur browser, and go to File>Save Page As.

Internet Explorer will have something similar, im using FF2
The-Master
That is very useful but is quite crap for the people who put time and effort into making stuff like this and then it gets stolen. I would hate that. Crying or Very sad
xyberz
The-Master wrote:
That is very useful but is quite crap for the people who put time and effort into making stuff like this and then it gets stolen. I would hate that. Crying or Very sad

Sorry, I'm not trying to copy it just to make an exact duplicate without any of my own coding. Unfortuntaly it seems like the only way to learn sometimes. I've tried searching for tutorials and I can't find any to even create something like that.
Can't learn if there is nothing to base it off of unfortunately. Sad