FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I found a googlebot searching my forum...

ninjakannon
A few weeks ago I submitted my site to be added to Google, and so far it hasn't appeared (this was expected as I thought it may take a while).

The thing is that I just took a look at my forum and opened the admin page. On the admin index it tells you who's looking at your forum and what they're currently looking at. There was one guest that was looking at about 6 pages at once, which I've never seen before, so I checked to see where the IP came from and it was a googlebot.

So does this mean that my forum will soon appear on Google?
scotty
Well the googlebot finds stuff and puts it on google some I'm guessing that is a yes. However some people try and fake being the google bot ie. spammers looking for email addresses because people want the googlebot and therefore allow it to crawl throguh all the pages.
dac_nip
i think yes, it will be added. but you've got lots of competitors in order to appear on top. anyway, for your comfort, try searching google for keywords that you know can be found in your forum and is most likely unique to your site only. if your site is on the search list, then be glad you just made your first step. next is to choose your keywords and meta data for every page.. Very Happy
ninjakannon
OK, thanks guys.

My forum isn't on Google yet, I searched for the address to see if it would have it and I did an advanced search for "a" and the forum domain name - but neither got any results.

I hope it will appear soon. Then I can start changing meta tags and such things. Wink
shenyl
Sound lots of fun, trying to top the search list in Google.

How can I submit my Frih site to Google?

Appreciate your advices.
manumiglani
Well, your website can appear on google after sometime....... you can check if your website is present on google or not using these commands in google

Quote:
info:domain.com
(without http://www)

To check how many pages of your website is in the google index use

Quote:
site:domain.com
(without http://www)

shenyl wrote:
Sound lots of fun, trying to top the search list in Google.

How can I submit my Frih site to Google?

Appreciate your advices.

you can check if your website is in google or not using the commands listed above........ If your website is not there in google, you can submit url to google at http://www.google.com/addurl
ninjakannon
Thanks for the tips, manumiglani. I knew about "site:domain.com", but not "info:domain.com"; greatly appreciated.

I'm gonna submit my site again, as it still hasn't appeared on Google. Confused
jipmerite
Thanks for the tip on info:domain.com and isite:domain.com

My site came up when I tried those commands. When I search for key words the site comes on top sometimes only.

It is one thing having Google index my site. It is another to make it come among the top 10 for select key words. That is called Search Engine Optimisation.
manumiglani
ninjakannon wrote:
Thanks for the tips, manumiglani. I knew about "site:domain.com", but not "info:domain.com"; greatly appreciated.

I'm gonna submit my site again, as it still hasn't appeared on Google. Confused

There is no need to submit again. Create a sitemap and submit it to google sitemaps or get some backlinks (some free directory submissions) ........ That will help Google to crawl and list your website.
ninjakannon
manumiglani wrote:
There is no need to submit again. Create a sitemap and submit it to google sitemaps or get some backlinks (some free directory submissions) ........ That will help Google to crawl and list your website.

Ok I will do, manumiglani. Thanks again for your help. Smile
shenyl
Thank you for the helpful info.

Now I need to find some free directory sites to submit my links, for the backlinks.

Will put this into actions.
manumiglani
A list of free directories in excel format can be found at http://info.vilesilencer.com/seo-friendly-list.xls
ninjakannon
Thanks a lot! That list will come in very handy. I've saved it to my comp and will use it once my site is finally indexed on Google. Smile
Ratman2050
I submitted on google sitemaps about 1 month ago.

I have RSS and XML feeds.

Googlebot crawls my site almost every day for about 20 minutes each time.

I also get MSN bot, and Inktomi Slurp.
shenyl
From manumiglani on the use of info: indeed is new to me.

Here is a web page which gives the various search terms
that different search engines can accept.

the host:yourdomain - can also be used on Google.

Hope you will find this page useful

http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=2155981
ninjakannon
Ratman2050 wrote:

And is your site indexed yet?

Mine still hasn't appeared on Google yet and it's getting annoying; especialy as it's been searched by the Googbot again.
Ratman2050
ninjakannon wrote:
Ratman2050 wrote:

And is your site indexed yet?

Mine still hasn't appeared on Google yet and it's getting annoying; especialy as it's been searched by the Googbot again.

Yeah its indexed on google a bunch of times.
ninjakannon
Just to let everyone know, whether you care or not, my site is finally starting to appear on Google. Very Happy

I checked just now and there were 2 results, both pages from my forum.
shenyl
Hi ninjakannon,

I am happy that your php forum, has gotten into google database.
In fact this forum "advertise your web site" has also has plenty of hits in google. Seem that google is beginning to be interested in forums from Frihost. I do not know, but if google search and index a topic in frih forum, sooner of later it will go thru the url links and search on other forums in frih.

Great work, to help promote FRIH forum, maybe they should reward these effort with some Frih points. Ha Ha.
ninjakannon
Heh heh, I don't think I need any FRIH$ for that. Wink

Topics from Frihost appear all over Google now. I've noticed that a large proportion of my posts can be found on there now - probably even this topic.

I just searched Google for: site:frihost.com and it gets 58,700 results. site:frihost.net gets 139,000 results and site:frih.net gets 54,400 results.

Also, this forum is "SEO and Search Engines"... but never mind. Wink
Ratman2050
Thats nice to hear Ninjakannon.

I have researched alot and I can say that I am a SEO advanced person.

I have even created my own small guide here on digitalpoint with over 115 replies : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=157022

You may want to look at that for quality tips.

By the way I submitted my new domain www.fantasy-pc.com about OCT 11, from google sitemaps and in less than a month I have about 2000+ backlinks, 150+ pages indexed in google, and about 600+ in yahoo and some in MSN too. Although I have 10+ PR4+ sites linking me in so that contributes alot. Again it depends on how good you are at the SEO deal.
manumiglani
Ratman2050 wrote:
Thats nice to hear Ninjakannon.

I have researched alot and I can say that I am a SEO advanced person.

By the way I submitted my new domain www.fantasy-pc.com about OCT 11, from google sitemaps and in less than a month I have about 2000+ backlinks, 150+ pages indexed in google, and about 600+ in yahoo and some in MSN too. Although I have 10+ PR4+ sites linking me in so that contributes alot. Again it depends on how good you are at the SEO deal.

So, which keyword/s are you targeting?
Ratman2050
Mostly forums, fantasy pc, gaming.
ninjakannon
Oh nice, thanks a lot Ratman2050! Greatly appreciated.

After I redesign my site I'll start doing some of the things you've mentioned in that post on the digitalpoint forums.

I'd also like to congratulate you on the success of your site. It appears to be doing quite well now and you've obviously put a lot of work into it. Wink
Ratman2050
ninjakannon wrote:
Oh nice, thanks a lot Ratman2050! Greatly appreciated.

After I redesign my site I'll start doing some of the things you've mentioned in that post on the digitalpoint forums.

I'd also like to congratulate you on the success of your site. It appears to be doing quite well now and you've obviously put a lot of work into it. Wink

Thanks Ninja! I hope you do well with your site too.
SoftStag
Just because Googlebot has visited your site does not mean that it will appear in the index. Google uses complex algorithms to decide which sites to include and how to rank them. Generally most will appear, although not necessarily immediately after you have been spidered.

Also, if your site has been visited by Google, there is absolutely no need to resubmit your site to Google. In fact there is no point in submitting it ever; just have links from other sites, and you will be found automatically. There is a school of thought that says that if Google only finds you through a submission, then you will not make it to the listings.
swizzy
googlebot keeps on searching my forum http://www.swizzy.frih.net/forum

but never seems to ass any page,

i tried to view my page statistics, but alas not even one page was added,
:{, :{, :{
ninjakannon
Don't worry, swizzy, it just takes time. If you really want to get your site up on Google and push it up closer to the first page then I recommend following Ratman2050's guide.

There are 12 pages from my site indexed on Google now and all I did was add my URL; I know that's basically nothing, but it proves that it works - at least.
mustaq
scotty wrote:
Well the googlebot finds stuff and puts it on google some I'm guessing that is a yes. However some people try and fake being the google bot ie. spammers looking for email addresses because people want the googlebot and therefore allow it to crawl throguh all the pages.

have you sumited your google site map it will help you to get index faster and regurlar update many forum auto generator also avaliable in the market