FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Little problem with screensaver and WinXP.

Da Rossa
Hi, I have a personalised screensaver that I downloaded somewhere. Seems to be innocent. but I'm almost sure that it is related to the following:

- I don't often leave the pc for the threshold time in minutes to trigger the SS, but since I'm studying next to the pc it's been happening more often. I realize that, when I touch the keyboard or mouse to quit the SS and come back to the WinXP (Home, SP2) screen, my ALT+TAB combo becomes useless: the splash window show up, and as I press TAB it does swift the little blue square from one open application to another, but when I release the keys the chosen window won't become active. Then I have to manually take the mouse and minimise the undesired window by clicking the minimise button at the right-up corner. This seems to be useless, but it stresses when your shortcuts aren't working properly... Smile

I'd appreciate the help!
Jaan
Doesn't sound like a huge problem to me, probably a simple glitch in XP. Never happens to me. Try changing your screensaver settings. It also may be that you downloaded the screensaver from a "non-trusted" site, and the coding is not complete.
Cheers.
Da Rossa
Jaan wrote:
Doesn't sound like a huge problem to me, probably a simple glitch in XP. Never happens to me. Try changing your screensaver settings. It also may be that you downloaded the screensaver from a "non-trusted" site, and the coding is not complete.
Cheers.

Probably this is the answer. The SS is not from a "truuuusted" site, and the others, default of Windows, does not cause this.
Thanks.
tar-xzv
Quote:
but it stresses when your shortcuts aren't working properly...

Yes sir! It stresses me how many ppl in the office environment don't use shortcuts. Ok let's click with the right button first, and then go down and more down and click on copy, then we are going to right click again...

You see where I'm going with this...

5ani
rfarrand
no i dont' see where you are going with this..could you be more vague please...i need absolutely no detail...but thanks.