FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Two suggestions

OnlyOneLife
Two suggestions
1. Have new posts on top within a thread --set by default, like there are new threads on top within a fourm. Most people read the new posts because they already read the old posts.
2. Post a sticky to tell people to stop asking about the Operating System and Browser, It's getting really annoying, there is like 1 in every subfourm.

Question
1. Why is the site/fourm sometimes extremely slow? What can be done to speed it up? I'm thinking it's someone's website that is uploading a lot.
WickedGravity
To answer your question, it has been quasi-resolved and the site should be running a great deal faster now.
MULITRI
but i have to agree with OnlyOneLife in the second point, too any useless posts like "best email" "best OS" "best CMS" "your prefered xxx" "your prefered yyy" etc etc, and i think that promote the spam for users can remain active easily in the forum to preserve their free hosting accounts.
I have to say i'm lost usualy through the forums between tons of posts like those.

i know i'm not a good poster or top poster, but if i have not anything interesting to say, i prefer not to post "i like this, i like that", i think with 1 good post i can tell all my preferences, tastes and hobbies to all members.

just my opinion, sorry.
Bline
My suggestion would be to tighten up the hosting more,
10 posts for hosting? and make them post a link (which can be found in the member's profile) to all there posts so the admins can make sure the 10 posts werent spam!
WickedGravity
Bline, we can kind of do that already.

It is just a matter of moderating a little better, which I, as a MOD, am guilty of not doing.

I am going to beef up my efforts and see what there is to see.