FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem accessing "Program Files"

Jarock
For some reason I have been having problems opening my program files folder. When I do try to open it, I get some message saying:

To help protect my computer, Windows will block this:

Windows Explorer

What show I do to fix this Little problem?
Animal
There is a link in the folder that says "Click here to show these files". Try clicking that.
Jaan
If you're not an Administrator, you might not be able to do that.
Here's a simple exploit you should be able to do, to get Admin privleges:

Edit by Animal: Link Removed - content related to hacking is not allowed on Frihost. Please read the rules.

Cheers.
ocalhoun
I'd suggest either getting administrator priveliges (legaly, of course), or using a linux live CD like knoppix to get to those files. (again, only if you're allowed to, of course).
pudovkin
Never saw that message. Probably because you're not an administrator on this machine.
Teddy1
Windows also blocks particular files if windows believes there is something harmful, Check this way as a possibility. Right click destination folder > properties > on this new dialog window there should be a button that says allow if that's there click that then ok and your problem is solved. Smile
fadirocks
Teddy1 wrote:
Windows also blocks particular files if windows believes there is something harmful, Check this way as a possibility. Right click destination folder > properties > on this new dialog window there should be a button that says allow if that's there click that then ok and your problem is solved. Smile

Sounds cool Smile

However, it looks like the topic starter disappeared and not going to reply back you know at least a "thank you" post would be nice
yjwong
I guess what the topic author described was not about any "Access Denied" errors. I think it is about the "Data Execution Prevention" feature in Windows XP.

You can disable data execution prevention so this error will not pop up again. But it will put your system in higher risk of getting infected by viruses. For more information about DEP, please visit here.