FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Future of FriHost

Phae
Hi. I just wanted to say first that building a hosting service around some really active and supportive forums is a really good idea. Good on ya!

I was wondering about this though. I note that this site is fairly new in the scheme of things and I noted it's successful high rating on the freewebhosts site, and also growing numbers. How does the team plan to keep up with the growth? From prior experience with successful websites, the load and services needed is often under planned.

Will the service be able to remain Free and also offer a high level of uptime and quality? How do you envision doing this. Signing up today I found the website slow and unable to get to some pages for a while.
Maka
Where sorry about the current slowness and downtime, belive me it's never been like this before, we are currently trying to find the cause, the problem is some users using may to much cpu load.
Phae
Yeah.. it's pretty bad.

Any response to my actual queries though?
Bondings
Frihost will never become a paid host and we will always try to have a high level of uptime and quality.
Phae
Bondings wrote:
Frihost will never become a paid host and we will always try to have a high level of uptime and quality.

What are you running for servers - how much space do you have spare for growth? (I'm curious more than anything... )
Bondings
We have more than enough space on this server. I don't want to tell more details because it might help a potential hacker.
Phae
Bondings wrote:
We have more than enough space on this server. I don't want to tell more details because it might help a potential hacker.

Okay... I don't think it would, but alright. I'll take your word for it. Smile