FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to setup a certain adsl modem on ubuntu or slax?

4ndY
i have a siemens adsl a-100-i modem and i cant set it up on ubuntu or slax, even on xp with sp2 but i dont want that... so any ideas?
prongs_386
what have you tried so far to set it up?

goto the website and download latest drivers.

uninstall the hardware if it even appears and then restart, when it is detected choose to install manually and select the driver you downloaded.

that should do it.

if it doesnt detect then try just manually installing the downloade drivers and see whaat happens
Bones
Unless the modem is connected via USB, then you don't need to set anything up regarding the modem. It's your NIC that you need drivers for.

Id your DSL connection always on or pppoe? If it's a pppoe connection, then you will also need to configure the connector software.
drag0n
Siemens adsl 1-100-i is an usb modem and you would need EciAdsl drivers because there is no manufacturer support. Check out http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/ for mor info how to get them to work.
FunFunkyFritz
I would suggest that you take the time to set it up on Xp first, if it does not work there the probability is slim that it will work on Linux.

I understand that you don't want to do this, but sometimes in live we have to do stuff we don't like. It builds character Smile