FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CHAT!

TimsJugling
Idea I think you should have a chat board!
It would have differant rooms like...

Arrow - General
Arrow - Help
Arrow - you could have a tool that makes it so you could privat chat aswell!
Arrow - and alot of other things that I just cant think of right now.

Shocked
WickedGravity
Hello TimsJugling, thank you for your request.

But, if you think about it, it has a few flaws...

Why make a chat room when it would cover exactly what we are doing witht he boards?

I mean, it isn't a bad idea, don't get me wrong, but at this point it would be a little redundant don't you think?

We also have IRC, which technically means you can chat if you would like to.

Just my two cents as always.
Helios
yep

irc://irc.deltaanime.net/frihost

i'm afraid it's there.
yjwong
IRC is not a registered protocol, Firefox says
Helios
yea, you need to install mIRC and it will register the protocol.

try this:
www.mirc.com
mirzapirza
Idea: an irc bot which logs chat and distributes points and dollaz for activity. People who prefer IRC could sit there, and those who like the forum could continue here. Let the bot spit out advertising, just like we have here, and everything will be good.
Neus
mirzapirza wrote:
Idea: an irc bot which logs chat and distributes points and dollaz for activity. People who prefer IRC could sit there, and those who like the forum could continue here. Let the bot spit out advertising, just like we have here, and everything will be good.

good idea somewhat... but going through chat logs usualy isnt the most fun thing in the world.... so it would be a pain apon the admins to do this probably... also someone could just go in, and spam their points up..... the current way on the forums makes it easy for admin, they can just click on a name profile, click all posts, and wallah, they can see how active you are, what the quality of the post is, etc...
KrUnAl
Well...I Can Help You pplz Wif A hat. i mean chack out www.krunal.frihost.net/krunal i Made That Chat n it Has Admin,Smod (Supremod) Den Mod And Mbr And Alot Of Dffer Commands For Helmets and stuff.
Neus
KrUnAl wrote:
Well...I Can Help You pplz Wif A hat. i mean chack out www.krunal.frihost.net/krunal i Made That Chat n it Has Admin,Smod (Supremod) Den Mod And Mbr And Alot Of Dffer Commands For Helmets and stuff.

i didnt really fully look into it.. but i know TOS doesnt allow anything like IRC... you sure your allowed that chat?
TimsJugling
to the guy/girl who wrote the following...

Hello TimsJugling, thank you for your request.

But, if you think about it, it has a few flaws...

Why make a chat room when it would cover exactly what we are doing witht he boards?

I mean, it isn't a bad idea, don't get me wrong, but at this point it would be a little redundant don't you think?

We also have IRC, which technically means you can chat if you would like to.

Just my two cents as always.-------------------------------------Done:

My Reply:...

Yes it would cover what we do here in the fourms but chat would just be something to hangout. you would get imediat relpys insted of having to wait 5mins. or even up to who know's how long. but thats just "my" two cents worth.

I see where your coming from though.
Bondings
The advertisements pay for the server costs. A chat room would reduce the forum traffic and thus lower the revenue. And you can chat in the irc channel if you want.