FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hello

fxflotterer
Hello

I's my first message and i think it's a good idea to present me here.

I'm a french student in biology, actually looking for a PhD (sorry for my bad english Wink).

I collect meteorite, it's a bit strange but meteorites are very interesting object.

There is on Earth any oject that is more ancient. The major part of meteorite ancient like earth (4,5 Billion years).

So that's my passion
Rico
Nice – welcome, here’s a meteorite for your collection you must have seen it before. It’s the Hoba from Namibia - 60 tons of nickel.

marioflory
Hey!
Yeah, meteorites are very nice.
The biggest real meteorites i've seen myself were in Mexico City, at the local engineering school, the "Escuela Nacional de Ingenieros". They are about the size of a kig size bed. Smile And I don't remember how heavy they were (there are two or three, don't remember exactly). You can touch and hug them however you like, because they are on display in the entree of the school. You might find more details about them in the internet... but maybe only in Spanish.

Tell us something about the foreign stones.... they're cool!!!

So long, take care...

And don't get hit by them.. Smile
osbits
I have never seen one. When I was a little boy and during the summer night I used to put my eyesight into the sky, I always found beautyfull meteorites. But now I do not do like that agian, contributed by my neareyesight. I can not see any thing clear now.
What do you do with them?
I think the things should be better to be put in labs.
Maybe something amazing will be found.