FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think about drawing?

albusa
I have discused with a lot of people about drawing, some people have agreeged me saying that the art of drawing is innate, i mean you born with that skill, and other people say that anyone who whats to do it can learn?
what do you think?
Annush_K
I can't say I'm 100% agree with any of these statements xD I believe it's 50/50 innate and practiced. I now many people that started drawing in early ages and chose the path of art even despite some life problems. But, as any other kind of art, drawing needs practice to make it perfect, and even geniuses start off not very weakly.
I believe everyone has the ability to do art, maybe weaker, maybe stronger, but some ruin their talents just because they don't want to sacrifise time and money for self development. Lazyness seems to be innate, too xD
noliver
Annush_K wrote:
I can't say I'm 100% agree with any of these statements xD I believe it's 50/50 innate and practiced. I now many people that started drawing in early ages and chose the path of art even despite some life problems. But, as any other kind of art, drawing needs practice to make it perfect, and even geniuses start off not very weakly.
I believe everyone has the ability to do art, maybe weaker, maybe stronger, but some ruin their talents just because they don't want to sacrifise time and money for self development. Lazyness seems to be innate, too xD

Yes, I agree, we live in a fast paced world and everyone wants immediate results. Someone that just starts to draw, wants to draw as well as someone that as been practising for years. If they dont like what they see or if their art is not as good - then they just give up.

Thats why people that love to draw - gets better so much faster than people that just want to learn to draw to impress someone else.
Shewolf
You can learn to draw, but you can never learn to be an artist.
That's my opinion in this matter.
albusa
thank you, and youright!
jimmy
Kinda tricky subject as it depends on the sort of person. If you practice drawing regularly, you will in turn become better at drawing. At the same time, there are people who have little spacial or visual awarness in a grphical sense. It may seem unfair to say, but some people can never learn how to draw well. On the other hand, selling art these days is not always about skill and technique. Many people become succesfull just by splashing some paint on a canvas. I find this quite unfair in some ways as it undermines artists who practice classical techniques for years, yet lack in sales. But art has less boundaries now, and almost anything is accepted.
lococobra
Drawing is an odd subject... I haven't been much of pen and paper artist for a long time, but I'm able to pick up a pencil and sketch out some decent stuff. Then there's my friends that take years of classes, and cant really do much that looks good. I dunno what this means though, I know plenty of people who couldn't draw to save their life and now they are amazing... so maybe it's 50% innate... 50% learned Razz
Sokken
to me 100% innate just sounds silly. Of course it will be much easier to learn for some people than for others and for a few it comes really easy.
Actually I think its very unlikely that there exist any innate drawing skills, instead there are some basic skills that is used in order to draw and if good in these it will be easier to learn.

I have seen a study that showed that when we learn the brainactivity actually changes from not so active to more active, in the used area. The study I saw was about the ability to read. For someone that couldn't read the area in the brain was not nearly as active as when they learned to read.
This study was made with children and adults that had trouble reading and then got special teaching to learn. it showed that with enough effort the brain could adabt.

If this is the case then it makes the concept of learning different doesn't it? and in a way it could be said that it is possible to develop a talent (This is of course nonsense but I hope you understand what I mean)
tefa_taftaf2010
of course you can learn to draw either by a teacher or by yourself ..

and also you can born with this skill but it isn't necessary you can draw ! , because you may has the skill but don't like drawing so you don't develop
your own skill .. so it disappeares Confused

but if you want to draw and have a great or only good sense that you want to express what go on your thinking, your heart , your all entity or even go on round you ... i can say with a trust voice " you will be a skillful one ".. Smile

And also if you can't learn or you like your lines (just lines) like this and don't want to develop it .. just you like it .. , Your drawings also be expressive of yourself .. it be so good because you feel it ..

i think drawing say a lot of things you can say it with your mouth ..

it's a Good topic ..
i send my greetings to all drawers Wink
jazrt
To be an artist is not just to do art it to live art.
Is to be out there in the Theatre of life you are the art. People buy art to remember you.
it's your passion and energy for life that shows through in the artwork. It's getting down and dirty it's a way of life.
If you want to have a look at some artists
have a look herehttp://www.cbdartgallery.com/index.htm
alezunde
As a student at an art school right now, I can safely say that these are questions that my classmates and I ask on a very frequent basis.
I mean, what really IS art?
Is it learned or something internal that we are born with?

Personally, I feel as if I was born to make art. It just feels wrong considering any other career, even though I enjoy many things aside from art.
Of course, I started drawing at such an early age that I cannot remember when I did start. Maybe it's just something that I learned to enjoy at an early age, and never stopped enjoying.
I still have no idea if art is innate, or something that many people have also learned to enjoy at an early age.
As has been said above, the best artists make art because THEY enjoy it, and NOT to impress others.

There is also a saying that "Talent is no accomplishment."
I disagree with this saying. "Talented" people work just as hard as anyone else, and oftentimes quite a bit harder, because they really enjoy doing the work. It's a saying that untalented people might use out of jealousy.

So, what IS art?
Art is, on the most basic level, a form of expression. However, there is a lot of bad "artwork" out there that I don't think qualifies as art. Art is a form of expression that has been refined to the point that everyone else can enjoy looking at it. Art is something that, just looking at it, evokes some sort of geniune emotion.

As an artist, we really need to work hard to make something that others can appreciate -- Especially those others that are not artists themselves.