FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tell me about the laws in your school system

Mwilliams
As everyone knows, every school board in the USA has at least 100+ stupid laws that students must follow.

4 stupid laws at my school are...

1. Students must wear a uniform.
2. Students cannot have facial hair.
3. Students cannot sell anything at school.
4. Students must pay a fee to drive to school.

What are some of the stupid laws at your school?
Idoru
Don't think we really qualify for any of those... I live in Sweden, and it's the other way
around, so to say... What I mean is that sometimes it's like students here have too
much freedom, and behave to inresponsible for the lack of rules. For example,
one can have a cell-phone in class, and the teacher doesn't have a right to prevent
one from using it. Except from saying it, that is. On the other hand, that's all about
to change with the change of gouverment here. Don't know if it's for the better, though...
indianinworld
1. Student should wear proper (advised colored) uniform
2. Students should come regularly to school. If you are absent on a particular day, then you get a Letter from ur FATHER with a sign on it (Later this will be confirmed in a Teachers - Parents Meeting).
3. No Student(s) is / are allowed to go out of the school after he is IN. On rare occassions - He / She may be allowed to go out of School on special permission.
4. Students should be present inside the school campus before the First Prayer bell. If you are late after the second bell - then you have to run through the school ground 3 times which is nearly ONE KM.
indianinworld
These are some of the Main Laws in my school... Laughing Gotchaa ??

Wanna join my School ?? Just drop a message to me... Razz

PS - I will not term these as Stupid rules but instead develops Strong Character and Perfect Individuals for the Perfect Future.
bartdou
in my high school such ridiculous laws are:
1.student can not has one or more boyfriend/girlfriend;
2.girls should not have long hair bellow their shoulder;
3.girls should not wear finger rings and eardrops;
4.boy should not cut all their hair off;
5.students must say hello to teachers when they meet them at anytime anywhere
6.students must scream out such as "i'm the greatest","i'm no.1" before the class begins;
Ghost Rider103
bartdou wrote:
6.students must scream out such as "i'm the greatest","i'm no.1" before the class begins;

You serious about number 6? Do they really make you do that?
simophin
I live in China, our school doesn't have too much laws on students

1 We don't need to wear uniform, you can wear just you want
2 Long hair on boys are not permitted
3 Students' bicycles can't be parked in the schoolyard because the schoolyard is too small
4 Students can't bring any food to school, this is strange! I think the school wants to earn more money from students( they can keep students eating in the dining hall)
5 School will cut down the power in order to make students use the air conditioner in the dormitory at nightŁˇBut we must pay for the electric power we have used! So the school will have more incoming!

more and more... our school is very into earning!
neji
Mwilliams wrote:
As everyone knows, every school board in the USA has at least 100+ stupid laws that students must follow.

Hmm, creepy! Surprised

At my old school you don't use your GSM and don't drink or eat in the lessons... If you would like to smoke you had to go outside the school domain.

At my new school, you can even smoke where on school (as long it ins't inside the buildings) you want. And you don't eat or drink in lessons and don't use GSM or MP3 in lessons too...

That's all Very Happy
RNTEACHER
well I am a teacher in Israel...

While I can understand laws that keep the balnce between students and teachers, some of the laws you mantioned are... outrageous.

Here we have these rules:

1. students can't leave school once they are in and untill the end of the 5th class

It makes sense - they are under our supervision and we are responsible to everything they do durin school.

2. student must not be late for class, unless they bring note.

I don't see how anyone can say anything against that.

3. clothes shouldn't be too provocative.

no one would say anything if a girl comes with a miniskirt and a top... but if she comes with a miniskirt and without a top... u can see where i am going...

4. all exra activities are a must.

now, I dont really understand that... but I guess if it wasnt no one would come so... I can live with that... and so can my students.
izcool
My school has some pretty stupid "rules" (we don't call them "laws") :

1.) You have to wear your school ID on the red lanyard all day long around your neck, without anything being inside of the holder for the ID to slip into. (These are my school ID's for my Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years, going from left to right). It's very common for kids to have them in their left-rear jeans pocket, with the red part of the lanyard danging around. Every teacher yells at kids to put them on, but a lot of them don't. I wear mine all day long and sometimes I just forget it's there.
2.) If you drive to school, you have to have a parking sticker in the left-rear corner of your car window, which costs $75.00 (I bought one for the past 2 years).
3.) Seniors cannot enter the under-classman lunchroom, they have to remain in the Senior Lounge until the bell rings. What sucks about that is that they sometimes run out of food in there and more than likely they have it in the other lunchroom, and you cannot leave to go there.
4.) You have to wear your P.E. uniform for each day in Gym (we don't have school uniforms, only P.E. uniforms).
5.) No cellphones, must be "put in your locker" and turned off, but a lot of kids (including me) have them on silent in our pockets all day long.
6.) You cannot bring food or any beverage in a classroom, except for water. NOTHING is allowed if you're in a computer lab.
7.) You have to get a pass from a teacher to use the library, you cannot go in there before or even after school without a pass. The only time you wouldn't need one would be if the entire classroom went down to the library to use their facilities.
8.) You cannot have bookbags when going to P.E. or in the computer rooms. In the computer rooms, they have to be put at the back of the room on top of a table.
9.) You cannot have any jewelry on during P.E.
10.) No Myspace, eMail, games, or instant messages on the computers.

Those are the ones that most everyone at my school hates, but they have a lot more besides that.

- Mike.
ThornsOfSorrow
Some of these rules are really strict... I don't have many rules in college, but here are some rules from when I was still in high school:

1. Cell phones can't be visible (but we could still have them).
2. No hats or bandanas can be worn.
3. Girls can't wear revealing clothes, and guys need to have their pants belted at the waist.
4. Only juniors and seniors can drive, and they need a parking pass (I think that those cost $50 now, but they were free when I was in high school).

That's really it... My school wasn't too strict, even though everyone complained that it was.
ColdFire
This reminds me of one of our school's law when i was still in high school that girls are supposed to wear only white underwear. When my classmate wore a multi colored bra, she was told to either go home & change it or to take it off. Twisted Evil
Jaan
Mwilliams wrote:

About the same here mate, I feel for ya.
Jazradem
My school has the same rules. Except facial hair, but teachers make us shave anyway.

Quote:
1.) You have to wear your school ID on the red lanyard all day long around your neck, without anything being inside of the holder for the ID to slip into.
2.) If you drive to school, you have to have a parking sticker in the left-rear corner of your car window, which costs $75.00 (I bought one for the past 2 years).
3.) Seniors cannot enter the under-classman lunchroom, they have to remain in the Senior Lounge until the bell rings.
7.) You have to get a pass from a teacher to use the library, you cannot go in there before or even after school without a pass.
WTF at these rules. Absolute WTF. Sounds like your school is preventing you learning with the last one. Must of had serious theft problems or something with the library(and all round if you need ID tags) at one point.
The other ones mostly sensible and a lot of schools have them.
bartdou
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
bartdou wrote:

You serious about number 6? Do they really make you do that?

Yeah, however that rule didn't work long, because most students were not willing to do that, that's incredible after all. they forced us to do that at first, as being under their pressure we did that, but once they stopped forcing we stopped screaming, in the end perhaps they felt tired too that rule was abandoned.
Pikokola
I can't complain about my current college, but about my High school

here is it :

Before the change of Headmaster :
1. If you want's to make a project using Mrs Headmisters Signature.. You should sell it expensie..
2. There is some "welcome" party for every students... yeah "welcome"...
3. Rich people pay more...

And then.. in the second year 80% of My friends fire him by point her bad out to the green court Razz It's really happen... and then after she's changed to the other "crappy" headmaster :

One of the crapiest thing in this word [acording to my oppinion]
1. No activity after 5.....

what the....
HoboPelican
I havent been in school since before most of you were born, so how about a little historical perspecitve Smile

No jeans.
No shorts.
Girls skirts and dresses had to be to the knee.
No T-Shirts.
No tennis shoes outside of gym.
Side burns on guys no longer than that lump in your ear.
Mens hair could touch the collar, but that was about it.
Boys couldn't take Home Ec classes.
Girls couldn't take shop.
To play any sports, you basically needed to have your head shaved.
Rules were changed daily by the administrators to handle new situations.

Oh, yeah, I got beaten for combing my hair in class...May not have been a rule, just a psycho teacher.

No matter which generation you're from, the school needs to control it's inmates;-)
jenice
We had all sorts of weird rules when I was in school. One of the more unusual was our dress code. We didn't have uniforms, but we may as well have for all the restrictions we had.

At the top of the list:
1. No red and black color combinations. They might be contstrued as either gang colors, or satanic colors.
2. No camouflage. Colors like that lead to anger and school shootings.

I don't remember all the rest. We had your standard rules including skirts had to reach mid-thigh (it used to be down to your fingertip, but some of us have short arms). There was something about the use of logos. They had a few popular print shirts at the time that ended up being banned.
justnewbie
Dont' think any other school laws can be worse than ours.

1. Must wear uniforms to school, complete with school badges and name tags, only-white uniform shoes. No colored socks except white.

2. Hair must be shorter than 2 inch, no color dying, females must have their hairs tied if longer than the shoulder. Only blue or black colored rubber bands are allowed to tie the hair.

3. No cellphones in school compound, if caught your cellphone will be kept by the school discipline staff until the end of the year.

4. No liquid/marker/highlight pens to school. (avoiding vandalism)

5. Must wear school T-shirts to school during school co-curriculum activites (including Saturdays and Sundays). No sandals are allowed.

6. You cannot leave your books at school (cause there aint any lockers for you)

7. No fashion-like spectacles to school. Including those bold frame spectacles.

8. Toilet permission pass tags must be worn / given by teachers if any students want to go to the toilet. No students are allowed to go to toilet without passes.

9. Prefects, class monitors, etc must wear neckties (school neckties) to school everyday. Students must wear neckties every Monday.

10. Students that drive to school cannot park at reserved for teachers parking lots.
Yuuyami
I graduated this past spring, and the most stupidest rule was you weren't allowed to have a cell phone on school grounds at ALL EVER. Not even after school. But all of the teachers had them and even used them during their classes which was what realy drove us nuts.

Some people. >/
Yuuyami
jenice wrote:
We had all sorts of weird rules when I was in school. One of the more unusual was our dress code. We didn't have uniforms, but we may as well have for all the restrictions we had.

At the top of the list:
1. No red and black color combinations. They might be contstrued as either gang colors, or satanic colors.
2. No camouflage. Colors like that lead to anger and school shootings.

I don't remember all the rest. We had your standard rules including skirts had to reach mid-thigh (it used to be down to your fingertip, but some of us have short arms). There was something about the use of logos. They had a few popular print shirts at the time that ended up being banned.

CAMOUFLAGE ANGERS ME! D:<

Lmao, that's the first thing that came to mind when I read that. XD
learneasy
Quote:

cOMPARED TO MY SCHOOL YOUR SCHOOL SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN. i GO TO A STATE GRAMMAR IN THE u.k AND IT IS SO STRICT:

4 STUPID RULES THAT MY SCHOOL HAS:

1.NO DUMB HAIRSTYLES
2.NO WALKING IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL
3.NO DRINKING INDOORS (ONLY IN CAFETARIA AND PLAYGROUNDS)
4.NO PRANK CALLING

and all the other rules that you have in your post, quoted above.
jobzunlimited
Mwilliams wrote:

Thats wat is common in all the schools isnt it???
it was the same in my school days
SATAHRIBAT
hey guys which school u go ,
most oof you wear uniform, and hard rules,
its difficult to be a student, anyways
but ther must be some rules that student obey, cos,
if ther r not suck stupid(that u think) rules, i cant imagine,
its not a circus...
chains, tattoos,piercings, colored hairs
yes its cute but not in the school.....
Especially the girl students, they wear half clothes and at the low ages,
its not good...
but in the university, its free, no rule, no laws.
jenice
Yuuyami wrote:
CAMOUFLAGE ANGERS ME! D:<

Lmao, that's the first thing that came to mind when I read that. XD

LOL! Cute.

jobzunlimited wrote:
Thats wat is common in all the schools isnt it???
it was the same in my school days

We didn't have quite as strict as all that. There were no uniforms, just a dress code (which up until this year was common here). There were no restrictions on hair style, though certainly your hair must be short enough on top to see over the top of your head in class (there was an issue at the time mostly with girls teasing their hair to stand up). Nobody had cell phones anyway, so it wasn't really an issue. We could have walkmans, but never during test days. Cellphone issues currently are restricted from use, but the students can still bring them to school. Parking is allowed without a permit, but only if it's not abused. Normally the parking lots are ginormous anyway, so it's not usually an issue as to where students are parking. There's not usually a seperate lot for teachers, only reserved spots. If they find a car there they'll just tow it off at the owner's expense.
ItsWesley
There aren't really that many rules at my college, just:
Don't eat while walking, unless you are eating sweets
Don't be late for lessons
Do not park in the staff car park
No phones out in lesson
Overall its pretty lax at my college.
Vrythramax
Like HoboPelican, it has been awhile since I was in school where any regulations were enforced, but some I can remember were:

1.Hair must be collar length (males only)
2.Shirt be buttoned to the collar and a student must wear a tie
3.Skirts must be knee length (females)
4. No shorts or jeans

Can't remember much else....but those was enough for me Sad
HoboPelican
Vrythramax wrote:
...2.Shirt be buttoned to the collar and a student must wear a tie...

OMG! Ya had to wear a tie? And I thought I had it bad. Laughing

All those random, inconsequential rules to teach us to be good sheep, er, citizens and look how we turned out. Laughing Showed them, didn't we, Max?
endure
At our university we have an unwritten rule, that sounds something like: "If you have 4 classes today, then 2 of them must be spent in a bar!" xD
asim
ColdFire wrote:
This reminds me of one of our school's law when i was still in high school that girls are supposed to wear only white underwear. When my classmate wore a multi colored bra, she was told to either go home & change it or to take it off. Twisted Evil

well but how you and the one inspected came to know that she is wearing multi coloured BRA
deanhills
In addition to all the rules already mentioned, (some of which I do not object to), the following were irritating when I was at school:

1. Lining up in one straight narrow row along the wall of the doorway of the classroom before the class started, and then once announced, file neatly in one file into the classroom in a straight line

2. Lining up in a number of straight lines during early morning opening session on the first morning of the week as part of congregation.

3. Having prefects appointed who checked on people who smoked behind latrines, in effect spying on their own and assisting teachers with other measures of discipline and reporting on those who do not attend classes.

I like order, but this was overkill for me.
molif
well. in school, laws are still laws..

but the most stupid law i ever had is;

no make up for girls...
sana618
molif wrote:
well. in school, laws are still laws..

but the most stupid law i ever had is;

no make up for girls...

i agree with you on this matter.
schools here have different timing for girls and boys. the morning seccion from 7.30 to 1.30 is for girls and from 2.30 to evening 5.00 is for boys.
girls uniforms were long skirts and also had to wear scraves on their heads.
we could not have our own transportation (like coming to school in bicycles) but had to either use school bus or have our parents drop us off to school. no matter how near the school was.
we could not bring more then 5 dirhams to school.

although i've heard that some of the old rules have been changed now.
Arty
indianinworld wrote:
2. Students should come regularly to school. If you are absent on a particular day, then you get a Letter from ur FATHER with a sign on it (Later this will be confirmed in a Teachers - Parents Meeting).

Wow o.o Specifically a father? o.o
Gonzalo
My friend, those rules are not stupid.

For example, take in consideration the one reffering to facial hair.

It would be a mad case to encounter that famous boy who has a glandular problem at night in out of the halls.
Afaceinthematrix
Mwilliams wrote:

1. I've never had to wear a uniform.
2. I've had a beard/gottee/some form of facial hair off and on since I was 14. That definitely wasn't a rule in high school and there aren't any rules regarding grooming at the University.
3. You couldn't do this at my high school (although it wasn't enforced too much - the administrators at my high school were more worried about all the gangs and drugs on campus) and I wish you couldn't do it in college; I don't like people trying to sell me something I really don't want
4. I didn't have to pay anything in high school. In college you don't have to pay to drive, you just have to pay to park ($252 PER year - highly outrages)

My high school didn't have any silly rules because they had enough problems with gangs and drugs to be worried about grooming. Therefore, I had some wild styles back in school. I almost always had some type of facial hair style going on. At one point, my hair was dyed green and blue and spiked up all around. And of course, there aren't any of those rules at the university because nobody cares there - you don't even have to go to class.

My high school didn't really have and stupid rules. But like I said, this was just because there were bigger issues to deal with than dress code and things like that.
adri
1. Femal students may not wear skirts that come above the knees. Crying or Very sad
2. Students may not sell calculator programs. Crying or Very sad
3. ....

Greetz

Adri
Agent ME
In the schools near where I live, parking permits are commonly required, but not at my high school. The main rules people here truly notice are the cellphone / mp3 player rules, saying that they can't be out and used during school hours.
However at my school many teachers don't care too much - often we're allowed to listen to music on headphones after finishing a test and waiting on other students. I even texted one of my teachers during class a few times for the lolz.
ankitdatashn
Well at school the laws were:

1: haveto wear the uniform everyday, sports t shirt on saturday. Birthdays were the exceptions otherwise you got some real good beating!!

2: haveto have nails cut regularly, even somewhat big nails and you will get a good thrashing

3: hairs must be cut short, boys very short and girls should have a pony tail if hairs were big.

4: not many I remeber now...

In college things changed all the above rules were allowed including nails, hairs and uniform but lately since i am passed out uniform has been made compulsary there!, Its good to be passed out before stringent rules are enforced.