FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


McDonald's - The end of fast food chains?





Kovalchuk17
McDonald's in my opinion has become the powerhouse of food in the world. Pretty soon Burger King, Checkers, Sonic, White Castle, Roy Rodgers, are all going to be bought out. Guess i better get to white castlke soon. Anyone else agree/disagree?
risuarez
You might be right! I am actually a little outdate of fast-food market information but empirical evidence point to your same conclution. Mcdonald is preffered to the other fast food restaurants.
The Conspirator
I don't think so, at lest not Burger King, Windows, KFC, Taco Bell (Taco bell is disgusting. I live Mexican food but Taco bell is disgusting) they are as big as McDonald's and like Coke and Pepsi they feed of each other making each other bigger.
But the smaller ones maybe.
Lays has bought out many, many, many companies but there are still small company's that compete with them, thet a are mostly small regional company's though. So even if that happens there will still be independent fast food chains.
Denime
i disagree, and even when mcdonalds buys other companies, the will leave most of them unchanged to maintain some market segmentation.
People, as far as i know everywhere want to have a choice, so its no use to buy all fastfood restaurants and make them mcdonalds..

At least, here in Europe..

Guess it is more likely that fastfood will be practically banned because insurance companies wont give you life insurance in the future if you are a fastfood addict or overweight in extreme degree.
Coclus
I disagree as well. People like to have a varity of offers, so there will alltime be another fastfood chain than McDonalds.
hsandhu21
Well I have to disagree I think this world was created on ideas and options and as long as we live in a democratic society people will continue choosing what they do with their time and money. If you look back about a year ago when this whole atkins thing and diet change idea had just blown up McDonalds was actually reporting losses and they were pretty substantial, many fast food chains were so what did they do? They introduced diet options low fat options and low carb options, they got rid of the "super-size" and made changes internally about training employees about health and obesity, I think most fast food chains around today will continue being around forever most of them weren't just established yesterday they've been around for decades and will continue being around because of their ability to adapt to the changes both economically and physically Smile.
drag0n
i disagree for a fairly simple reason, most of those fast fod comapines were there in the same time as mcdonalds (some earlier, some later), mcdonalds has just been expanding more then the others, if there is room for 2 mcdonalds in the same street there sure is room for a mcdoalds and a taco bell, or some other fast food joint
Game Fortress
Mcdonalds is an agressive competitor, but if it WERE to reduce all real competitors, the U.S goverment would take action against the monopoly. While it certainly does command a large market, the conglomerate sum of business that goes to all the small companies is probably greater than the buisiness that McDonalds sees. There is also the factor of public scrutiny to involve as well. The phenomonal sucess of the chain shows that MOST people dont mind the store, but a counter culture is starting to appear (thanks in part to documentaries like Supersize Me, wich depicts the resturant as cutthroat and unconcerned about public health... not unlike the portrayal of cigarette companines), wich will slow down, if not drastically damage the growth of the chain in the future.
TheSpaniard
McDonalds has definently become very competitive on the market. I havent found any fast food chain that has been able to compare to the amount of food they slop on your tray for the price. Ive noticed that many places, hardees for example, are turning to a higher quality product approach to the consumers.
Tiger
In my opinion, a company like McDonalds wouldn't waste time buying up smaller companies. They might buy out their biggest competitors, but I don' t think they'd go that route either.

As for being stopped by the US government for being a monopoly - yeah right - like they did with Microsoft! That's not likely to happen either. Besides if they buy out major competitors, they'd just do as someone suggested and keep those brand-names separate.

Most likely, they'd just keep growing as they are. The only major worry they might have is when people pay attention to how healthy (or unhealthy) their food is. That can also be fixed by changing the product line to something healthier!

As long as the modern life-style keeps people eating in a rush, there'll always be room for a McDonalds and similar fast-food chains.
deStructuralized
^
I agree with Tiger. Something interesting to note as well, is that the founder of McDonald's main "business" according to himself is real estate. McDonalds is more concerned with buying optimal locations for (1) real estate growth and (2) capitalizing on the market. That's why you see them everywhere in such convenient locations. McDonalds as a chain grows wealth not only through burger sales, but through land.

That said, attempts to buy out other burger companies probably won't take precedence unless these burger chains are found in optimal locations.
Game Fortress
McDonalds wont buy out any small companies. When you command the market like McDonalds or Walmart, you just crush competitors by stealing buisness and sinking them. That can and does happen.
The Conspirator
Not all competitors can be crushed. Just as wal mart can;t get rid of Best Buy, Sears and others, McDonald's will always compete against Burger king, Windy's and so on.
Plus competition can be good for business, just look at Coke and Pepsi.
Nexchin
I don't like really much McDonald's, Burger King's chips are a lot better than McDonald's! I live in Portugal and Burger King here isn't a lot popular... Do you think it'll disappear from here? :S
deStructuralized
I doubt it. Burger King is too much of a developed franchise to be crushed by McDonalds at this point..a little mom & pop shop might, but not the big BK.
TeamCrisus
Yeah I have to say McDonalds is really out there. I've been wondering how Burger King is still in business. When ever I walk into a McDonalds or am going through the drive thru its so crowded. I sometimes have to wait about 10 minutes for my FAST FOOD. Unlike McDonalds Burger King never has anyone in it except for the occassional 1 or 2 that are to busy to wait in line for McDonalds. In my opion it shouldn't even still be around. Come to think of it I think Wendys might even be doing better than Burger King. What does everyone else think?
The Conspirator
Burger King can be just as crowded as McDonald's, it just depends on where the particular Burger King is.
TeamCrisus
I don't know about you but I havent found a Burger King packed with people since that rat in McDonalds fries rumor was disproved. Whenever I go to a McDonalds at least near me its packed but whenever I go to a Burger King near me including the mall's Burger King which I think should have more people in it than a Burger King by itself never really has too many people in it. The only time I've ever seen more than five people in a Burger King was when I was in North Carolina and it was breakfast.
insanesnoopy
I don't think that this will happen. Remember that in a capitalist society it is the consumer that really decides the trends.

While McDonalds might have the money to buy up business it will only do so if their is a consumer base to do so.

They will not just buy up business if there is no demand.....it would be wasting money.
schudder
I don't think McDonalds will ever gain a near-monopoly. First off, it's technically illegal and secondly, there are several Western countries where McDonalds isn't even the biggest chain. Right here in Belgium, a *local* chain, which to my knowledge only exists here and perhaps the neighbouring countries (Quick) has a bigger market segment.
Rufan06
i have to dissagree with you here because many people go to burger king or other food chains because they are in the mood for something different. Not everybody likes mcdonalds, so the ecomony gets spread out, resulting in people going to different fast food chains. Thus is why i dont see mcdonalds taking over everything.
paulbarter
I think that even though Macdonalds is very big [not because there food is good, but because it is cheap and quick and addictive], there will always be room for a selection. There will always be people who want something different and are willing to pay extra for it
fadirocks
I totally disagree I don't see it here in Boston
also lived in Michigan I still don't see McDonalds taking over.
insanesnoopy
There is a business concept that MacDonalds can teach us though. Why is MacDonald's the largest selling burger chain in the world.

The answer is consistency. You know exactly what you are going to get no matter where in the world you go into a MacDonalds. I Burger Supreme may be different depending whether you go to a diner or restaurant, and chip wagon. But a big mac is a big mac is a big mac.

In our culture....consistency equals quality...cause there are know surprises.

For all you up and comers out there....take this tip.

Be consistent.
Be Consistent
BE CONSISTENT!!!

Cheers
poiko123
I must disagree. Mc Donald's will continue to prosper, but I believe there will be a resergance of other fast food companies. Wendy's is still holding on quite strong and there is only so much one fast food company can offer in terms of diversity.
ciwworker
I don't know about you, but I think that the only good fast food is Taco Bell, Culvers, In N' Out Burger, and that's about it. THat I know off.
indeedwrestling
Why is there more than one magazine? Because different things will appeal to different people. In particular, fast food franchises can survive and thrive when combined with the facts that:
* less corporate culture can allow them to make more verstile decisions
* niche marketing can help them capture corners of the market
* licensing & marketing opportunities will always exist; you can find a good deal with a competitor.
sky217
I disagree that you should get to White Castle soon. I mean, of all the places you listed... that's got to be the worst, IMHO.

I think if the market wants McD's to take over, then let it take over. Personally I don't eat at any fast food burger joint, but I do enjoy a fast food sub or taco once in a while. I don't see McDonald's filling those niches unless they buy them.
Winterborne
I disagree for acouple of reasons.

1. Not everyone likes the same stuff. Personally, I think McDonald's is nasty.

2. Ever heard of a Monopoly? (no not the game...) A Monopoly is where one company has control of the whole industry. It is frowned upon and illegal (or somehow at least legally 'immoral' i guess you could say). One company I do believe is quickly reaching Monopoly status is Comcast... but that's another topic entirely.
rooney
Personally I love McDonalds food ... it's so addictive. However I just wish it fails in business because ironically I am against unhealthy food
deinos
people love being unhealthy. McDonald's is a cheap way to feed a family. Sad truths about the McDonald's empire.
bigdan
Nah, I don't think Maccas will take over everyone else. Their strategy has worked for ages and should continue to work for years to come.
akshar
Why do u ppl eat fast food? We in India hardly eat fast food we prefer home made /mothre made food.
indeedwrestling
Cultural Norms are always going to influence the rate of adoption and amount of intergration that any multinational corporation receives in a given state. For instance, if there is a Franchophone bias against American companies - they will be pressured to either avoid those markets or adopt marketing techniques which better reflect the local tastes. I think the real question is whether McDonalds has the techniques and the knowledge to adapt in these ways. Most Americans have heard the stories of changing their menus for their locations in various countries such as no beef in India, serving Beer in Germany and offering tsukimi burgers in places like Japan. In response to the last post, we see that Americans have a great affinity for fast food while developing nations like India probably have a much smaller desire for such a business. These sort of differences are going to inherantly limit a company's like McDonalds ability to grow in transnational markets unless they spend more time partnering with native organizations to better integrate into the local norms.
bulek
I haven't been in McDonald's for years. I really don't like their food because it is "plastic" and too unhealty. Beside that you can get dependent for that food.
Tvis
I don't like McDonalds that much. Here in Mexico, at least in Mexico City, there are almost equal McDonalds as Burger Kings. I prefer Burger King over McDonalds. But the best fast food are Sonic or Carl's Junior. Recently opened the first Carl's Junior in Mexico City...and you won't believe the crowd!! They even have valet parking, because else people cannot park. It is such a success, probably they will open more restaurants. Sonic is not here, but I tried it in the north. Also great fast food, much better than the Mac.
James Yu
I would think McDonld would be more popular ever for generation Y!

Reasons:
1. they are cheap - You can't deny this one, for only $6.95 you get fill a munche friend.

2. They taste good. - Chips are always tasty because they are full of saturated fat.

3. They are clean. - A postive fact, I trust Uncle McS than some small takeaway shops.

4. They are healthy - Don't get me wrong, MCS provides healthy salad and roll as well, it is your choice to eat them or not.

5. They are popular - everywhere I can see the big 'M'

KFC and Burger King are far far behind on popularity and food quality, none of them offering healthy food yet.

I strongly agree MCS will take over the fast food world....
Mannix
akshar wrote:
Why do u ppl eat fast food? We in India hardly eat fast food we prefer home made /mothre made food.

1.) It's cheap.
2.) It's convenient.

I prefer a home cooked meal too, but not everyone lives with thier families or has time to fix a good meal. I'm not much for it personally. There's a reason it's cheap, most of the ingredients they put into it are pet food grade.
johnflores
here in the philippines, we dont want the taste of mc donalds especially their chicken. JOLLIBEE is still number one fastfood in Asia! Anyway, its my own opinion only.
jmwarshay
There is no way McDonald's will take over. The other chains are having success. My children hate it because of the poor quality of the burgers, as do I. Burger King, Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken are all owned by Pepsi, so they will not be bought out or go anywhere soon.

As far as burgers go, McDonald's cannot compete on taste, Both Burger King and Wendy's have more appetizing burgers.

Also, people's tastes are changing. Pizza has been very big. One can find a simple large pizza for $5. Fast food is not cheap. It can easily cost $5 to $6 per person, making dinner for a family of four more than $20. Asian food (Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, etc.) is popular and can be competitive.
Mannix
I havn't been able to stomach any fast food since I saw supersize me.
TrueFact
Pizza Hut, McDonald, KFC, Wendy and every other fast food didn't get here to my town yet while in larger cities there's a branch in every street you walk in.

They say that within a year Mc will start in my town but to say the truth it won't work really good for them in here (price factor) unless forigen tourist is their main target (my town depends on tourism)
TrueFact
but hey... for larger cities it is not considered as bulk or fast food... the high class is thier main target demographic. For the low classes and the poor there's no way to walk in one of those... it is better for them to eat the traditional egyptian fast food.... cheaper and they like it
outamoney
I disagree with that.

Although the food from some fast food stores tastes the same, the major ones (Wendy's Burger King McDonalds Checkers) all have a distinct taste. People will continue to pass McDonalds for a better quality fast food.
marrs
Umm
You should all take a look in the us or canada cos they have had fast food chains before we in the uk had chinese restaurants!

I know that in Canada People there are going more for taste they much prefer "wendys" for example because you know your going to be full afterwards.

O.K.
So if you don't have wendys.

Tip1 Buy the pommes from mc d
Tip2 Then get the burger from burger king

Tastes Sweet!
Nerdlings
If u know anything, McDonalds cannot buy out all the food-chain resturants, because of laws against monoply just like At&T did
TomS
Here in Germany McDonalds isn't that cheap. I go there because it's fast food. When I'm in city for the whole day, I don't have the time to go home, because it would take me 2 hours or more. And I think it will take them a long time, until they are the only fastfood chain in the world. I don't know since when Burger King of KFX exist, but BK came les then ten years to Germany and we have KFC since one or two years. So while you think MacDonals will make them down, they're risig up in other countries.
yy1124
don't feel like it will be taking over others thought...

KFC is good with fried chicken and mcD's burger and fries are better, i've never tried burger king though, i don't like burgers Smile
bongoman
I also disagree, because people still want many options for food
gluingquarters
Honestly, I think it all also depends on your demographic. Here in California, I see a whole lot more Carl's Jr (gag me) and Jack in the Box, plus there's In and Out Burger. I don't see so many BK's, DQ's, and I don't even see as many McD's. Fast food chains tend to change with the geography, especially here on the West Coast--I just moved from the East Coast, and it's like a different universe.

McDonald's is big, but I don't think they are big enough to completely obliterate other fast food.
avin
Mcdonalds is da best Idea
fbcompany
insanesnoopy wrote:
There is a business concept that MacDonalds can teach us though. Why is MacDonald's the largest selling burger chain in the world.

The answer is consistency. You know exactly what you are going to get no matter where in the world you go into a MacDonalds. I Burger Supreme may be different depending whether you go to a diner or restaurant, and chip wagon. But a big mac is a big mac is a big mac.

In our culture....consistency equals quality...cause there are know surprises.

For all you up and comers out there....take this tip.

Be consistent.
Be Consistent
BE CONSISTENT!!!

Cheers


but its the same at burger king or tacobell or kfc or watever. but they arent as succesful as mcdonalds.

the reason mcdonalds is so succesfull is location. They do very indepth demographic and passing traffic reports and always pick prime locations. Even if they cost a bit it doesnt matter the store will be there for 100 years.

another thing is mcdonalds own nearly all there sites.
richard270384
I disagree for a number of reasons:

Firstly, McDonalds would NEVER be allowed to buy out all of its competitors. This would be illegal in most of the developed world as it would contravene laws which deal with monopolies and marketplace competition.

Secondly, regardless of how much people eat McDonalds, they will always crave something different sometimes.

Thirdly, there is plenty of room in the fast food market for McDonalds and its competitors to coexist. For example, here in Australia, 10 years ago Burger King did not exist. It has grown from no stores to almost as many as McDonalds. This proves that there is always an opportunity for competitors to grow.

Lastly, while McDonalds has proven that it is able to adapt to changes in the market, I doubt that this will go on for ever. Through history, the only invention of mankind that has survived the test of time is religion - and even that is flailing.

Cheers,
Richard Wink
gscs
i'm lovin' it ! i love mcdonald's very much !
i should say that mcdonald's is the most successful fast food franchies in the world.
die! die! i'm also won't digg my hand in burger's business. if mcdonald's still alive!

of course, with a lot a lot of money, you can take over , merge, joint-venture, with another business.
my example...google & youtude . of course, diversify and veriaty are important. a consumers prefer more choice of a product and service, and a business need to divert their investment in order to minimise their lose.

so, mcdonald's can monopoly not all but more and bigger market share by take-over, joint-venture, merge with others company . whether to maintain the unique it operations or not; totally depand on mcdonal'd strategies...
Wink
russel26
i alwayss eat mcdonalds the best food chain the world...best quality chain Laughing
Coclus
I don't think that Mc Donalds is going to get a full monopole on fast food, but all fast food chains might be bought up by one company.
Dean_The_Great
Already most of the fast food chains are owned by the same people (ie, Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell... all one company)... so it's likely that McDonalds will just do what other companies have done, and buy up others and leave them the same...
johnBdoe
I would say McDonald is the start of fast food chain instead of the end of fast food chain. It is McDonald that made popular the franchise business that it is so successful that even a beverage company like Star Bucks follow suit. Although McDonald corporation is getting powerful, it is highly unlikely that it will buy out the rest and able to survive a capitalist economy due to the reason that 1.) monopoly industry will normally produce deteriorating service or product quality that keep consumer away, 2.) each company should stick to what they are good at. A lot of recent buyout has not been able to produce the desired result.

In short, McDonald should stick to burger and fries, and stop selling or pretend to be selling healthy food, like burger foldover which actually has more fat than it looks.
asim
yeh may be..... but still these brands have thier own recognition... and depends on taste of person....
zjosie729
I agree. McDonalds has gone international, too (Some others might also, but I've only heard of McDonalds and I think KFC or something in China).
icecool
as in any other market segment, the fast food sector has to have some diversity. just because general motors is buying mercedes - or the other way round..... just an example - they wouldnt rebrand the cars. some smaller ones in new markets will just die and be put out of business - if there are still emerging markets for mcd's.

in this world of mergers and demergers who knows who owns whom - as ar as nobody knows they all may already belong to the same conglomerate.

and by the way, im not to keen on any of them, ive worked in catering all my life so i know what goes into the food - yuk some of it - how its been prepared - double yuk - and what a rip-off it really is.

cheers
corridor_writers
I also believe that we will not see McDonalds taking over anything. Also, the statement that it is growing in popularity over the others is (I believe) an unfounded claim. I know of more people who loath McDonalds than like it – particularly in countries outside of America.

I also agree with what ‘Denime’ said, which is that our own health (or as he noted healthcare companies) will at some point reach a critical mass where we either stop eating the crap made by companies like McDonalds or die (or go broke in the case of the insurance company.)

Everyone in the world should watch the movie “Super Size Me.”

According to a recent issue of Time magazine, 66% of Americans are overweight, and 17% of these are children.

At some point people will have to wake up, or die fat. When this paradigm shift occurs we can expect to see fast food industries loosing money, and loosing ground.

I hope that day is soon.
cybernytrix
McDonalds serves crap. I really hate these fast food places. They have no responsibilites to any of the customers or the environment or the society. All they care about is profits. they will even serve you crap if there is a way to make money by doing so.
myroom
I love McDonald's. I'm lovin it!
I believe McDonald's is the most successful fast-food franchise in the world. They have a very systematic management and if everyone working there follow this system; they will continue growing and growing.

In the world of business, always is "BIG FISH EAT SMALL FISH". So, all these take-over or joint-venture will be happen. Example, Google and Youtube, Orkut. Microsoft and Facebook. This already happen in IT industri. A China computer manufacturing firm take-over IBM in China. As long as you have money, seem like you can do anything. Chelsea already become Abramovich personal football club. Same thing to Man Utd now is belong to Malcolm Glazer.

BTW, in my country; McDonald's starting to diversify their business into cafeteria industri. They now open McCafe seem want to compete with StarBuck and Coffee Bean. They are the biggest burger company, so I think no point for them to take-over the small burger chain. Rather diversify their business to challenge with other competitors.

Just my point of view. Razz
corridor_writers
myroom wrote:
I love McDonald's. I'm lovin it!
I believe McDonald's is the most successful fast-food franchise in the world. They have a very systematic management and if everyone working there follow this system; they will continue growing and growing.

In the world of business, always is "BIG FISH EAT SMALL FISH". So, all these take-over or joint-venture will be happen. Example, Google and Youtube, Orkut. Microsoft and Facebook. This already happen in IT industri. A China computer manufacturing firm take-over IBM in China. As long as you have money, seem like you can do anything. Chelsea already become Abramovich personal football club. Same thing to Man Utd now is belong to Malcolm Glazer.

BTW, in my country; McDonald's starting to diversify their business into cafeteria industri. They now open McCafe seem want to compete with StarBuck and Coffee Bean. They are the biggest burger company, so I think no point for them to take-over the small burger chain. Rather diversify their business to challenge with other competitors.

Just my point of view. Razz


Everyone is entitled to their point of view. However, given enough time, I think you will come around to the way of thinking that cybertrix and I have……McDonalds does indeed serve crap, and really cares only for the shareholders, not the customers. I just hope you come arouns before you die from one of the numerous illnesses you can expect to contract from eating at McDonalds (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
TBSC
Kovalchuk17 wrote:
McDonald's in my opinion has become the powerhouse of food in the world. Pretty soon Burger King, Checkers, Sonic, White Castle, Roy Rodgers, are all going to be bought out. Guess i better get to white castlke soon. Anyone else agree/disagree?


Yes there are more McDonalds than other such franchises around. Whether or not they get bought out depends on if the other franchises stop becoming competitive and give up. Which is unlikely, there will always be competition for McDonalds and other franchises as long as the opportunites exist.
bigdan
You never know, there could be a healthy fast food chain that could rival or overtake Maccas....all it takes is one idea, a lot of money and some initiative and away you go.
corridor_writers
bigdan wrote:
You never know, there could be a healthy fast food chain that could rival or overtake Maccas....all it takes is one idea, a lot of money and some initiative and away you go.


Now that's the way to think! Smile Forget the fast food chains taking each other out of business. I would really enjoy watching a healthy chain go head to head with McDonalds. Unfortunantly, with our society's proponsity towards 'crap' fast food....we may never see this. Sad
bigdan
corridor_writers wrote:

Now that's the way to think! Smile Forget teh fast food chains taking each other out of business. I would really enjoy watching a healthy chain go head to head with McDonalds. Unfortunantly, with our society's proponsity towards 'crap' fast food....we may never see this. Sad


I agree with you. I reckon that could be a trend in the coming years. Subway already does this in a way, some of their subs are quite healthy if prepared properly.

I reckon market pressure will force fast food companies to go healthy. The more people looking for an healthy alternative, the less people will go to Maccas and its ilk, the more shitty the shareholders and franchisees will get, that's gotta be a big sign for the fast food companies to change their ways.
viraj
No way according to me, McDonald will be the end of fast food chain.

The best way to explain this is that humans dont like things working at constant pace. If you develope car, they will ask for plane and rocket and so on... Simillarly, if one sense McDonald as a fashion statement or a liking, one need to be certain that it will change with time. For those who saw this njoyed it. The kids which are born in this culture will always ask for something diffrent where there is enough space for someone in the market to take charge.

McDonald has enjoyed a preveledge place in its space and had also moved out many of its competitors for the market using various strategies, but every thing has to grow old with time and so does they willl face one day. They may survive for a longer time by innovating their culture, but nature law of life cycle cannot be challenged and even for businessess...
marrs
I have worked in several mc donalds in austria and the way the the company is run impressed me a lot.
hygiene's top on the list with the costumer sever right behind that.
corridor_writers
I agree with your ideas to point. It is true that the ‘next generation’ of kids is waking up and seeing that McDonalds is not the ‘cool thing’ that it was for the older generations and will lead to them being fat and ugly (not the slim and sexy they all want.) However, as much as I would love to see McDonalds fail, companies who can continually re-invent themselves and keep up with change have the best chance of survival.

With this in mind though, McDonalds is doing only what it absolutely has to do to stay alive and nothing else. Did you know that in 2005 they announced that they would start putting labels on their hamburger wrappers etc. showing their nutritional content? It is not surprising this promise they made (to the US Food Policy: http://usfoodpolicy.blogspot.com/2005/11/mcdonalds-nutrition-labels.html) never happened though.

Could you imagine ordering something off their menu and getting the nutritional (or lack of nutritional) values on the wrapper? Lol – that would kill their business!
cloudship
If I were Mcdonald's CEO, I would not wanna paly mono on the market. It is better for McD to develop its business in other area, since it is already uncompetable in Fast Food restuarant business. I think a fast taylored dress or fast car fixing service is a good idea, aren't they? lol
corridor_writers
cloudship wrote:
If I were Mcdonald's CEO, I would not wanna paly mono on the market. It is better for McD to develop its business in other area, since it is already uncompetable in Fast Food restuarant business. I think a fast taylored dress or fast car fixing service is a good idea, aren't they? lol


Or a little red "booth" outside of the fast-food joint where people can stick in their credit card and get a movie to watch? Wink))))))
escritor
I don't eat McDonald's "restaurants".
corridor_writers
To everyone who has an interest in the ethics of large fast-food companies, I would recommend two movies. These are not Michael Moore movies (which I hate – they are too extreme on one side), and do a better job of showing both sides of the picture. These are:

Super Size Me
Fast Food Nation

In particular, watch the extra’s on the Super Size Me DVD. It was a real eye opener. Not one of my family members has eater at McDonalds since (and this has been several years now.)
ptfrances
In my mind, Burger King is the best fast-food chains I know. But anyway, eating every day in a fast-food is really bad for anyone.

Super Size Me is a wonderful document
indianinworld
Kovalchuk17 wrote:
McDonald's in my opinion has become the powerhouse of food in the world. Pretty soon Burger King, Checkers, Sonic, White Castle, Roy Rodgers, are all going to be bought out. Guess i better get to white castlke soon. Anyone else agree/disagree?


DISAGREE

Man

i dont know from where you got this information. Iam sure this is not going to happen. I see a very competetive price listing of Items for Mc Donalds while the other food chains have been little highly priced.

If i call any of friends to Mc Donalds, atleast 60 to 75 ppl. will say "NO - We are not going to McDonalds". I dont know the reason. When i ask them, sometimes they say "Taste is not good" or "Quality is not that much when compared to others" and while few others say "They dont have VEGIE". Cool

Anyways, what for us !!! Let us sit and watch Twisted Evil


Keep Smiling !!! - Keep Living !!!!!!!!!!!


_________________
as alwayZz - Cheers and Cherish
indianinworld
Visit me @ : http://www.sathish.frih.net
holla23
I know McDonalds since i was a kid. Some of my friends told me that it is good to eat here because it is convenient and affordable unlike the other fast food restaurants. When i get older, there's a lot of restaurants that appears. And i also try to eat there. And seriously, much better in McDonalds.
deanhills
I must say I can't understand the hype about McDonalds Burgers. Even during my burger stage I preferred the friendly Greek cafe around the corner as his burger tasted much better, with real meat and fresh trimmings. At one time however when I was living in Calgary, Alberta, I enjoyed McDonald's breakfast cheese McMuffins. On a cold day that really went a long way with some black coffee. Price was great.
frilez
Kovalchuk17 wrote:
McDonald's in my opinion has become the powerhouse of food in the world. Pretty soon Burger King, Checkers, Sonic, White Castle, Roy Rodgers, are all going to be bought out. Guess i better get to white castlke soon. Anyone else agree/disagree?



It can't be even though i love foods from McDonald"s. How about are freedom to choose which fast food to go? It is not a good idea considering that not everyone love or prefer one specific chain.
sketteksalfa
Fast food chains here in the Philippines are not monopolized by Mcdonalds. In fact Jollibee, the local fast food restaurant here is still the favorite specially by kids. It is usually the children who are the most targetted consumers and they sell.
Related topics
What would u do if u are sleepy?
Ban junk food?
What burger do YOU like?
What's great about your country?
FRANCHISHING, WHAT AND HOW?
Job Application
fast food sismanlatiyormus - yeniden kanitlandi
A funny application for a job...
Great Photos about China !
Fast-food management skill
Votre rapport avec les fast-food !
Have you/do you work at McDonalds?
Best Fast Food Joints & Restaurants in North America
What is your favourite fast food?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Economics and Marketing

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.