FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Presentation Tool / Software

Which software do you use for making presentations?
Microsoft Powerpoint
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
OpenOffice Impress
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
KOffice KPresenter
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
iWork Keynote
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something Else (Please mention in your post!)
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

ganesh
I am in the process of preparing a presentation for a conference coming up in the second fortnight of October.

Suddenly got into thinking mode about how people are so much unaware of all the good presentation preparation softwares available out there.

Just check out this PDF (Download and open it in Acrobat Reader and press Ctrl-L and then see page by page, rather, slide by slide! -- Does not have the presentation effect if viewed within the browser):

Mirror 1 : www4.iastate.edu/~ganesh/dload/Presentation.pdf

Mirror 2 : http://two.fsphost.com/ganesh/Presentation.pdf

Can you guess the software used to prepare this presentation?

Better still, jot down what software you use to make presentation slides here, and let us see how many dare to think about something beyond Microsoft Powerpoint!!
ryanh2006
Hi there and what a great topic you started! Personally I would always use Keynote 3 if I had it my way, but because I usually only have PCs at uni, I use Powerpoint so that I can be sure that when I take it from my mac at home to the presentation I don't have to worry about losing half of it! Keynote is gorgeous and I can't wait until I own a macbook (or pro!) so that I can suppy my own pc at the presentation. Anyway thats my 2 cents on it! Bye for now Very Happy
ck88
I use Powerpoint because it's available on almost every computer I have ever worked on. If that is not the case I use XHTML/css web pages. They show in every browser on every computer. Another tool I liked and tried is IMPRESS from the OpenOffice suite.
Solid Stone
Hello !

Personally, I use Macromedia Director, it isn't the same type of PowerPoint but if you use it the right way, it can have some cool renders Wink

Cordially, Stone.
okullar
The easiest one seems Microsoft Powerpoint.

In reality, I don't know any other presentation program Very Happy Very Happy
VidE
Power Point of course. Also Open Offices' version called 'Impress'. Same thing but free and less templates. I also used MediaCances' Multimedia Builder, cheap, powerful, bit of a learning curve.

And nowadays-Flash has a presentation mode.
cheeta
I prefer Power point... Smile